PDA

View Full Version : Old School News Articles

rns0504
October 31st, 2009, 04:08 PM
http://mtresults.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=news

Was messing around at UCF's library today and found some old school articles. I'm gonna start collecting these and posting them up on my results board. Also, the files are attached for download as well. I will find a way to sort them chronologically eventually. Adding more throughout the evening so keep looking!!

Furious Rodimus
October 31st, 2009, 04:24 PM
Hey there's some good stuff in there. Good thinking!

rns0504
October 31st, 2009, 04:47 PM
Everything I have for now is online. Enjoy!

JonC5
November 2nd, 2009, 11:51 AM
i got a couple mesa park ones from a long time ago somewhere....

gmtgmt
November 2nd, 2009, 12:17 PM
The Toronto Star

June 8, 1992, Monday, PM

Boy killed, 13 injured at 'monster truck' race

DATELINE: GALESBURG, Mich.

GALESBURG, Mich. (AP) - A monster truck veered into the crowd at a speedway last night, killing a 6-year-old boy and injuring at least 13 people.
The truck went out of control during a race at Galesburg Motor Speedway, Kalamazoo County sheriff's dispatcher John Losota said.
The truck's driver, Doug Harland, 31, another man and a 13-year-old boy were listed in fair condition. At least 10 others were treated at hospitals and released.
Witnesses said the truck jumped a row of cars during the race, landed on its left front wheel and turned sharply toward the crowd. The truck ran over a stock car, jumped a one-metre wall and hit the grandstand, said Deputy Rusty Shelburne.
It was the second time this year a spectator has been killed by an out-of-control monster truck in the United States. In March, an 82-year-old man was crushed by a truck at an event in Niagara Falls, N.Y.
Monster truck races began in the mid-1980s as an offshoot of truck and tractor pulls. Drivers give the trucks increased horsepower and oversized tires, and race them over piles of wrecked vehicles.United; States; automobile; racing; accident; death

anyone know anything about what truck that was never heard the drivers name before

Steven
November 2nd, 2009, 12:50 PM
Can't make out the picture...

http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1345&dat=19920605&id=UrkSAAAAIBAJ&sjid=-_kDAAAAIBAJ&pg=6918,973524

KingStomper
November 2nd, 2009, 02:20 PM
That's Overexcited. can't really see the name on the door but I recognize 'er.

Cactusjack1999
November 2nd, 2009, 02:23 PM
I know that the other incident they mention is the famous "Bad Medicine" accident.

BATTLEMOUNTAINman
November 2nd, 2009, 03:38 PM
I had never heard of this incident before. I knew of Bad Medicine, but that was it.

kreepy1
November 2nd, 2009, 07:38 PM
BATTLEMOUNTAINman,
That was a pretty messy incident. The Over Excited truck at the time didnt have a kill switch or it wasnt on. Honestly I dont remember. Harland's head hit the cage so hard it split his helmet & knocked him out & his foot hit the excellerator. I learned this info by talking to Mark Bendler of Kodiak back in the day.
Kreepy1

gmtgmt
November 3rd, 2009, 01:50 AM
so this was the now Undertaker USA truck?

kreepy1
November 3rd, 2009, 11:09 AM
so this was the now Undertaker USA truck?

Yep.
It was for sale as Cyber Trax in Woodstock, Ill. for a bit. I think Calvin C. got it & put the 66" on it & sold it over there.
Kreepy1