PDA

View Full Version : why were so many bigfoots sold/ changed

Cutlass Revenge
November 11th, 2009, 01:33 AM
i hate to keep posting about bigfoot but it was obviously my favorite truck.. i've come to see that many of the trucks were sold.. Also many of the trucks changed from their configurations to trucks that were seen later.. Kinda takes a piece of my childhood.. I was still under the assumption they were all still lined up in Bob Chandler's garage as they originally appeared.. I also seems like BF 1 has changed its shade of blue and doned some corny advertisements.. 6 and 7 were very productive trucks for Chandler, i'm surprized their was no sense of nostalgia to keep them as they were. Sorta like race car drivers will win a big race with a car and just stick in the garage for a keepsake so to speak.

MasterofTame
November 11th, 2009, 01:52 AM
i hate to keep posting about bigfoot but it was obviously my favorite truck.. i've come to see that many of the trucks were sold.. Also many of the trucks changed from their configurations to trucks that were seen later.. Kinda takes a piece of my childhood.. I was still under the assumption they were all still lined up in Bob Chandler's garage as they originally appeared.. I also seems like BF 1 has changed its shade of blue and doned some corny advertisements.. 6 and 7 were very productive trucks for Chandler, i'm surprized their was no sense of nostalgia to keep them as they were. Sorta like race car drivers will win a big race with a car and just stick in the garage for a keepsake so to speak.

Most of those trucks you have to remember were outdated by 1990 when tube-frame trucks became the new standard. 4, 6 and 7 were the original race trucks while 2 and 3 were first generation trucks. Eventually it became cost prohibited to run those trucks. 6 would do world tours, 4 got use as the first Snake Bite, 7 got made into a Bigfoot 5 twin and Bigfoots 2 and 3 became the first ride trucks. Personally besides Bigfoot IX, most of the sales of Bigfoot trucks were done for a good reason, the same reason why other trucks have been sold, to gain money off of a tool that has seen it's better days.

Cutlass Revenge
November 11th, 2009, 02:02 AM
its seems like chandler stood on his principles too much that he got left behind inthe mainstream... i can see selling off trucks to make money but in the 90's he had to be raking it in... why not just park 1, 2 and 3... and leave them alone.. I wish someone would get 1 and restore it... its got electric blue paint and decals on it.. *** is that? after the late 90's bigfoot just wasnt available in my market,, TV or events.. thats why i jumped on the GD bandwagon..

i'm a purist when it comes to cars so to speak... i dont like tubed out race cars... i like stock or modified stock muscle cars... i liked my monster trucks the same way... REAL TRUCKS.. not tube chasis with a stupid body.. i wish they would come up with a nostalgia monster truck class. (Ie: pure stock muscle car drags)

ProTruckChallenge
November 11th, 2009, 02:11 AM
there's nothing i'd like better than to see all those trucks in their glory days. simply some of the best looking monster's i've ever seen. in case you didnt know..

Bigfoot 1 is obviously still good and owned by Bigfoot.

Bigfoot 2 wears the Floodpro paintjob with the snakebite body, and is sitting in a shop waiting for a rebuild into a Bigfoot tribute somehow if I remember correctly

Bigfoot 3 is now Legend owned by Steve Ford, and is a tribute to Bigfoot and more importantly, Bigfoot 3's history.

Bigfoot 4 is now Massive Machine, wearing the same Superduty body it left Bigfoot in.

Bigfoot 5 is unchanged like always

Bigfoot 6 is junked in Egypt somewhere

Bigfoot 7 is now Bigfeet 7, unchanged from racerock otherwise

Bigfoot 8 is a display truck for Bigfoot

Bigfoot 9 is almost beat into the ground over seas...

Bigfoot Shuttle was sold and is still driveable, looking like it did back in the day, with transport tires on it.

Bigfoot Ranger was used to build Chandler Lloyd's Lil Truck

Bigfoot Fastrax is sitting outside powerless

and the Bigfoot Silverado is still with them of course. oh yeah, and those other new fangled trucks

rns0504
November 11th, 2009, 02:21 AM
I wish someone would get 1 and restore it... its got electric blue paint and decals on it.. *** is that?

Ask Bob Chandler why... he still owns it lol

Cutlass Revenge
November 11th, 2009, 02:58 AM
Bigfoot 7 is now Bigfeet 7, unchanged from racerock otherwise

saw it when i was in orlando. it was pouring rain and about 2 am and we climbed on it :D

Ask Bob Chandler why... he still owns it loli know...hes the one the stuck all those decals on it and painted it bright blue!

carcrusher
November 11th, 2009, 07:04 AM
there's one thing i would say that definately will keep bob from changing the paint at all on foot 1 and that's the passing of dan patterson a few years ago - whoever is doing their paint/vinyl now is good, but nobody can compare to what dan brought to the table with his artwork.

ProTruckChallenge
November 11th, 2009, 11:23 AM
I'll agree. Bigfoot 1 NEEDS paint, not just because of the stickers and all that but the cab is actually rusting a little. she needs some love boys! if you want my opinion, do like they did with VBB, tape off the logo's that Dan painted and spray 'er blue again

look-out
November 11th, 2009, 11:55 AM
i'm a purist when it comes to cars so to speak... i dont like tubed out race cars... i like stock or modified stock muscle cars... i liked my monster trucks the same way... REAL TRUCKS.. not tube chasis with a stupid body.

I can understand liking completely stock cars and old-school monster trucks as a novelty form of entertainment. But having "tubed out chasis with a stupid body" is how monster trucks have been able to progress to do the things they are able to today.

I guess I could be wrong, but how many years would 1988-1990 tnt racing have survived? since you compared monsters with stock cars, look at nascar: they too are just stupid tube frames with bodies on them. They had the completely stock race cars because technology hadn't advanced that far yet. When I go to a short track race, its cool to see the pure stocks in the beginning, but i also enjoy the modifieds later on in the program.

Cutlass Revenge
November 11th, 2009, 06:26 PM
I can understand liking completely stock cars and old-school monster trucks as a novelty form of entertainment. But having "tubed out chasis with a stupid body" is how monster trucks have been able to progress to do the things they are able to today.

I guess I could be wrong, but how many years would 1988-1990 tnt racing have survived? since you compared monsters with stock cars, look at nascar: they too are just stupid tube frames with bodies on them. They had the completely stock race cars because technology hadn't advanced that far yet. When I go to a short track race, its cool to see the pure stocks in the beginning, but i also enjoy the modifieds later on in the program.stupid bodies to me are the ones that arent even trucks or cars.. i understand the entrtainment value to kids thou.. 88 was about the same time we saw the last of real stock cars and real monster trucks. nascar has become so boring to watch... i can't go into a dealership and buy anything that resembles what they do on sunday.. in 1988 i still could go buy a 88 monte carlo SS. even in the early 2000;s i could still get a car that somewhat resembled what they drove..not anymore. its not "stock car" racing anymore.

i wasnt suggesting they should go backwards inthe progression of the sport of MTR i was just suggestiong a seprate thing.... i think a few times a year nascar should run throwback races.. 60s/70s/80s bodied cars...

MCMsports
November 11th, 2009, 08:26 PM
i would love to have #6's frame

look-out
November 11th, 2009, 09:09 PM
stupid bodies to me are the ones that arent even trucks or cars.. i understand the entrtainment value to kids thou.. 88 was about the same time we saw the last of real stock cars and real monster trucks. nascar has become so boring to watch... i can't go into a dealership and buy anything that resembles what they do on sunday.. in 1988 i still could go buy a 88 monte carlo SS. even in the early 2000;s i could still get a car that somewhat resembled what they drove..not anymore. its not "stock car" racing anymore.

i wasnt suggesting they should go backwards inthe progression of the sport of MTR i was just suggestiong a seprate thing.... i think a few times a year nascar should run throwback races.. 60s/70s/80s bodied cars...

I hear ya, just wanted to make sure you weren't totally dissing newer style racing :)

in reference to the cup cars, i remember when they used to have to set their cars up with parts that joe schmoe off the street could (well not me personally, im a little younger than that). my dad used to use springs, etc that the grand national guys would use in their cars, that would be cool to do now.

adam tereska
November 15th, 2009, 04:37 PM
i would love to have #6's frame

My sister in law saw what she thinks is Bigfoot 6 in the white over green Castrol colors as just the cab and chassis. The doors, bedsides, fiberglass clip, and possibly smaller parts were missing from what she saw when she was in Cairo during a helicopter fly-over tour. She thinks she might have seen another truck that might have been the former Night Life/Tropical Thunder old schooler. She said she was 95% sure of those trucks; the frames/chassises were intact.

adam tereska
November 15th, 2009, 04:39 PM
OOPS!!!!!! That was this summer.

BobT
November 15th, 2009, 04:55 PM
I can tell that BIGFOOT #1 hasn't changed paint colors in years. I have been there over 15 years and we haven't touched the paint job on it.