PDA

View Full Version : Calvin Carrington Rememberances and Tributes

FlyinBryan4
February 19th, 2006, 09:16 PM
http://www.wildfiremotorsports.com/Calvin.JPG

Please be advised that details about the incident will be released when legally they can be released. The report is true, the monster truck world has lost Calvin Carrington, Shane Smith and one other was injured as well, no spectator injuries occured.

This of course is a very sensitive and tragic situation and I ask that everyone please be respectful to those closer to the situation, thank you.

Mod Edit Just changed the title of the thread to be more fitting-Cale

mcm2728
February 19th, 2006, 09:19 PM
my condolences to the carrington family. best of luck to shane. get well soon.

DaLinkWent2002
February 19th, 2006, 09:23 PM
I am not sure if this will get closed like the rest of the topics, that have gone on about this whole thing, but I will say my peace....

I may have not known the man in person, or have seen him, but all jokes and everything aside.....we are all a large extended family, that gets enjoyment from a motorsport, and while we may never get to see each other face to face or talk, I for one feel as if I have lost a brother, not just a monster truck driver/owner, but a man who had family just like any other man that walks the earth. I for one am sad about the situation, and do wish not only the Carrington family, but also the Smith family deepest sympathy, in this time of hard times and grief......

TheMonsterBlogger
Our thoughts and prayers are with the Carrington family and friends, and for Shane Smith to make a quick and full recovery.

carcrusher
i hope i'm not out of line here and hope i don't get booted for talking about the situation but i just want to say that my thoughts and prayers are with the carrington, smith, and other families involved with the incident. this is truly one of the darkest, if not the darkest day in monster truck history and i, along with everyone else, truly wish that nothing like this could have ever happened. god bless you and rest in peace, calvin carrington.

:( X a million

IRONHEAD RACING
February 19th, 2006, 09:24 PM
Our condolences go out to the Carrington family and we wish Shane a speedy recovery.

pablog32
February 19th, 2006, 09:25 PM
:(

Jason
February 19th, 2006, 09:28 PM
To answer the question of if this thread will be closed: it will not. Expressing feelings over this is just fine.

I personally never met Calvin but it makes no difference, he was a part of this industry and a man of monster trucks. This is a sad day and it will reflect and be felt for a very long time. My best wishes go out to every member of the Carrington family and I don't know what I or any member of this website can do but if there is anything we can feasible do, we are here.

Best wishes out to Shane Smith as well as he recovers and hopefully will be back in the saddle at some point.

This is a hard thing to deal with and something we have not had to do much of (thankfully) in this sport. I thank everyone on here for acting with respect and kindness during this time.

Again, my heart goes out to the family and friends of Carrington, Smith and anyone they have touched in their lives.

Monster Crasher
February 19th, 2006, 09:29 PM
This is rather unfortunate, as much as I would like to know what happened, and see what happened, I know right now it cant be released. and probably won't be.

But my prayers go to Calvins Family, and big hopes for Shane Smith to have a speedy recovery.

ClassicMT
February 19th, 2006, 09:32 PM
my condolences go out to the carrington family and everyone associated with his team. also, i hope shane smith has a speedy recovery. a sad day for the MT industry....that's for sure. :(

bigfoot4x4boy
February 19th, 2006, 09:34 PM
Rest in Peace Mr.Carrington . I wish for speedy recovery for Wildfire Motorsports & Shane Smith

BlueThunderRules
February 19th, 2006, 09:37 PM
my thoughts and prayers are with the carrington family. Calvin, you will be missed.

And Shane, get well soon.

YoungGun02
February 19th, 2006, 09:43 PM
Like others have said, I never met Calvin in person...but to lose someone in the monster truck business likethis is shocking and sad. I express my sympathy, and prayers to the Carrington family, and hope Shane Smith recovers well and soon

j98rangerxlt
February 19th, 2006, 09:48 PM
I just recieved full detail of what happened,and it is tragic to say the least. R.I.P Calvin Carrington and get well Shane Smith. Monster truck racing has lost a great guy and even even better competitor. R.I.P

MOD EDIT: please stick to expressing sympathies and nothing more. thank you.

Zane Rettew
February 19th, 2006, 09:54 PM
KSR-Motorsports would also like to send our condolences out to the Carrington family and the smith family as well. Very tragic accident. Although I agree details should not/cannot be released at this time everyone should atleast be informed that it was not a Monster Truck related accident. Get well soon Shane!

Cale Putnam
February 19th, 2006, 09:59 PM
A terrible tragedy. Carrington is originally from up here in MA and I saw him several times, and he always put on a good show. Prayers for his family, his friends, and all those who are affected.

Rest well, Calvin.

And the best of wishes to our very own Shane Smith. Get well soon Shane!

Demonmt
February 19th, 2006, 10:27 PM
I would like to say R.I.P. to a friend. I might not have agreed with everything Calvin did but he was part of monster trucks big time. I am in shock right now.................I was told about midnight about what happened and it WAS NOT A MONSTER TRUCK ISSUE............it is an sad event that has happened. We did a show last night in Monroe,LA and I had to take a few minutes to gather my thoughts.....................It could happen to anyone of us.
Hopeful Shane Smith recovers ok also. So Calvin.........

Keep on trucking on the otherside buddy.

MudVaynefan3
February 19th, 2006, 10:30 PM
there's nothing I can say that will make this matter any better, but my thoughts go out to his family for their loss. It's a horrible thing to lose somebody...especially when it's an incident such as this.

BlackStallion2000RULES
February 19th, 2006, 10:37 PM
Never met him but always seems to put on one heck of a show form the pics I saw. My thoughts and prayers go out to the Calvin Carrington family.

MichiganMonstersElliott
February 19th, 2006, 10:37 PM
Very very sad incident. It's never a good day when anything like this happens in the industry.

My heart goes out to the family and ones close to Calvin Carrington. Rest in peace Calvin.

I would like to also wish Shane Smith a speedy recovery.

Leon013
February 19th, 2006, 10:45 PM
:(

This is REALLY hard for me. i did meet Calvin Carrington, he had a show spot up here every September for the last 4 years. I was able to meet Carington and talk to him on 3 different occations. Once he even gave me the front bumper off the Terminator after it was knocked off in a hard racing impact. i later got that signed by Bill Wirth Rich Blackburn, Rob French and others including Calvin him self. all after noon i have felt like i truly lost a brother. tho not all of what we have spoke about Calvin on this bored has been good, we must remember this man as a great figure in the sport. he has produced several drivers that have gone on to bigger and greater things in the sport. Now i will close in saying that God has a plan for us all and now that Calvin Carington has left us all with atleast one memory he will now and forever rest on the other side and he'll be running them shows for us when we too cross over

Godspeed Calvin

IMJason
February 19th, 2006, 10:52 PM
On behalf of the family behind Jason Rivas Enterprises, and all West Coast Monster Truck teams, owners, operators and promotors- we offer out sincerest condolences to the Carrington Family for their loss.

We are all indeed a collective family, working to promote the sport we love. When we lose someone, it is a loss felt across the divide and around the world.

We send our hopes to Holman Motorsports and Shane Smith for a speedy recovery.

As a board sponsor, we ask that board members remember that grief is expressed in different ways. Some may do it with humor, some with anger. Please remember to allow this to happen, and try to be as supportive as possible. Support our board administrators by trusting them to decide what is appropriate and what is not.

Sincerely,

-Jason Rivas
Jason Rivas Enterprises, LLC
Bakersfield, CA.

monster voice
February 19th, 2006, 10:53 PM
I just got the news and details about calvin's death...wow

My condolances to the carrington family as well as all others involed and the whole wildfire team.

I have worked with Calvin a few times over the years and i will say that he was top notch with me, always enjoyable to work with him and he will truly be missed.

FlyinBryan4
February 19th, 2006, 10:59 PM
Many of you are receiving either pieces of the details or the whole story through a third or fourth party source, I ask that everyone please keep that in mind, and once details can be legally released (police reports filed ect ect), then what the public needs to know will be released, and nothing more.

As already stated, this was not a monster truck/driving incident, this was truley a one-in-a-million freak accident.

Once again, please do not jump to any conclusions or accusations of any of the drivers/teams at the event, Daryl Starbird, NSP Productions and anyone associated with the event. Thank you.

mtruknet
February 19th, 2006, 11:02 PM
I know nothing about this incident, but my thoughts and prayers do not need the details.

From the other side of the Atlantic, my thoughts and prayers are with the Carrington family, and Calvin's friends; as well as wishing Shane Smith a speedy recovery.

Team Black Widow
February 19th, 2006, 11:04 PM
It is always hard when you loose someone in an industry as close knit as this one and even more so when that person is someone with whom you know on a personal level and have worked with them over the years.

On behalf of myself and Pat we would like to wish the Carrington family our condolences.

ChrisKaelin
February 19th, 2006, 11:12 PM
My prayers and condolences go out to the Carrington family in thier time of loss.

Also please pray for Shane Smith's quick recovery.

chad4208
February 19th, 2006, 11:22 PM
(This message was left blank)

Wrecker1
February 19th, 2006, 11:39 PM
Wow. That is all I can say. Wow. I never thought this would happen. I saw Calvin once, at Riverhead Raceway in 1997. Was a very nice guy. I offer my condolences to the entire Carrington family, and team.

My prayers also go out to Shane Smith, for a quick and speedy recovery.

MonsterTruckLuvin
February 19th, 2006, 11:46 PM
Be at peace Calvin.:( My thoughts and prayers are with the Carrington and Smith families as well as anyone that may have been involved. A sad day for everyone.:( :( :(

nemesis1230
February 19th, 2006, 11:53 PM
My prayers to the Carrington family,I wish anything we could say would help,the monster truck world has suffered a hugh loss,Calvin was a Nice Guy.
Bob Shea

FlyinBryan4
February 19th, 2006, 11:56 PM
I would like to also point out that in true form of the show must go on, the remaining trucks ran the Sunday show in Tulsa Oklahoma today. It was in tribute to Calvin, starting off with Rob French driving Full Throttle onto the floor and having Full Throttle face all the other trucks in a single file line.

Billy Chapin picked up what had to be an emotional win over Bobby Holman's BEAST after Holman rolled in the semi finals defeating Monkey'n Around who went on two wheels on his run as well.

Also Shane Smith is bruised and has stiches, but he is going to be ok. Bobby Holman drove both trucks today.

gatormaninla
February 19th, 2006, 11:57 PM
I would like to send my thoughts and prayers to the Carrington family and the whole Team. I just saw Calvin a couple of weeks ago and had a great time with him at the show. We had a really good conversation also that weekend. You will be truely missed by all who knew you.

Also to Shane Smith, here is to a speedy and full recovery. I will be praying for you also.

God Bless to each and everyone of you.

David

StreetStock88
February 20th, 2006, 12:49 AM
Wow, this is just horrible news. Horrible. As mentioned in a previous post, the monster truck world is a big family, I hate to see anything bad happen to anyone. Get better Shane, and I'm deeply sorry for Calvin's family. From experience, I know how hard it is. We'll see them all again one day though.

StewRacing
February 20th, 2006, 12:50 AM
I would like to extend my thoughts and prayers out to Calvin's family, and wish Shane a quick recovery. I never saw a Calvin show or met the man, but I hate to hear about things like this. :(

Mike

superinsane
February 20th, 2006, 01:10 AM
Well, Shane, like you said in the CFP points post, you won't be in a position to win that championship this year, but I think you're accomplishing something much more important and impressive - getting through this and making a recovery. Way to go on that.

MonsterFanatic
February 20th, 2006, 01:21 AM
Man I read the news report of the accident but never did I once think it was a driver. THis is horrible. I think I have Calvins Autograph from back when he was driving Wildfire. R.I.P

fastj14
February 20th, 2006, 01:31 AM
WOW what tragic news to come home to. My thoughts and prayers go out to both families. I had the opportunity to meet Shane Smith at a display in Sedalia last year and he was such a nice guy to talk to, I hope and pray for a speedy recovery for you. And for Calvin, R.I.P., what else can you say, a tragic loss indeed, You will be sorely missed.:(

MTRS
February 20th, 2006, 01:32 AM
Our thoughts and prayers go out to the Carrington's and the Smith's. This is a sad day for everyone concerned.

bigbadyoda
February 20th, 2006, 01:44 AM
I'm speechless. Horrible, just horrible.

devilsdodge2
February 20th, 2006, 01:48 AM
Our hearts and prayers with our deepest sympathy goes out to the Carrington family. We also wish Shane Smith a fast recovery.

The Crossman Family
DDMT

cskbountyhunterfan
February 20th, 2006, 02:14 AM
R.I.P Calvin you will truely be missed

get well soon Shane

BuckeyeJP
February 20th, 2006, 02:43 AM
This is just an unbelievable tragedy. My deepest condolences to the Carrington family and friends.

ellwooda
February 20th, 2006, 02:46 AM
Anyone putting all of their effort into the entertainment of spectators, especially in a sport as dangerous as this, must be given the utmost repect. This was a man who believed in what we believe; he was indeed a friend. God bless Mr. Carrington and may he rest in peace. Best wishes to Shane.

drjoliver
February 20th, 2006, 02:58 AM
I only spoke to Calvin once on a phone call for a position, but I could tell he was a honest and upfront guy. The industry has lost a valuable asset and we lost a friend. RIP

Get well Shane. My prayers will be there for you.

Oldtymemonstermattt
February 20th, 2006, 03:06 AM
I saw one of his shows in 99 at the fonda speedway in ny, but i saw calvin run the wildfire truck a lot of times in the mid 90's. The best rememberance I have of him is him setting the fastest qualifying time at lebanon valley speedway in 1995.

I hope all of Calvin's family and close friends get thru this ok.

Brood11384
February 20th, 2006, 03:46 AM
This is indeed tragic. I always thought Calvin's Wildfire motor sports was a great team. He will truly be missed. Shane get weal soon. My thoughts go out to the family's involved. This is sad indeed... RIP Calvin :(

DanDeFalco
February 20th, 2006, 04:41 AM
I did not have a chance to meet Calvin or ever see him drive, i saw his truck hulskter in englishtown once but that's the extent of me seeing his stuff. Nonetheless in a racer and race fan's world, me and the rest of us hurt and feel for calvin and his family. This was an unfortunate deal and may all our prayers be with him and his family. RIP Mr. Carrington

pablog32
February 20th, 2006, 04:44 AM
this is indeed a sad moment. all my condolenses to both families involved.

anyone have that picture of Full Throttle facing all the other trucks? i'd like to see it.

MillerTime2
February 20th, 2006, 04:55 AM
I've had the pleasure of meeting Mr. Carrington on various occasions at the Englishtown, NJ facility. Definitely a tragic chain of events. My condolences, thoughts, and prayers are with the family, friends, and all who knew him.

teamdare
February 20th, 2006, 11:22 AM
R.I.P. calvin he was a great man and a good friend.it was very hard for all of us races to loss a fellow racer.but as he would want the show had to go on.

Leon013
February 20th, 2006, 12:12 PM
its gonna hurt not seeing him drive anymore. he did a show up here every year and one of thoes shows is still one of the top 3 that i have ever seen! ih ope his trucks continue to run back and forth in the country to honor carrington, i know hed want to see them truck stay on the track

monsterced
February 20th, 2006, 01:30 PM
This truly is a sad moment in time for MT’s and motor-sports alike.

My thoughts and prayers go out to Mr. Carrington’s family, friends and all those involved with Wildfire Motorsposrts.

Get well Shane.

Charles

who me
February 20th, 2006, 01:56 PM
Calvin was a good guy. He was honest and passionate about monster trucks and the industry. Each time I spoke with him, I gained a new perspective on the industry and MT's. My thoughts and prayers are with him and his family.

rainstorm410
February 20th, 2006, 03:11 PM
I was lucky enough to see a couple of shows that he was in, he really put on a great show for the fans. Calvin was a big part of this industry. R.I.P. Calvin. You will never be forgotton.

Hope you get back on your feet soon Shane.

I'm in such a shock right now. Cant believe it.

goleafsgo783
February 20th, 2006, 03:50 PM
oh my...:(

I'v never met him or seen any of his trucks run that i know off.

but never the less HORRIBLE i don't know what to say ...:(

my thoughts and prayers go out to everone involved in anywhey with this.

he will be missed for sure . he put on alot of shows and entertained alot of people. very VERY sad news :(

Calvin you will be missed.

and to Shane i hope for a speedy recover.

ukmtr
February 20th, 2006, 04:20 PM
It sure is a sad time for the industry
From the other side of the pond, my thoughts and prayers are with the Carrington family, as well as wishing Shane Smith a speedy recovery.

FlyinBryan4
February 20th, 2006, 05:24 PM
Details on the services are forthcoming as well

KHRACING
February 20th, 2006, 05:39 PM
On behalf of Team King of the Hill,we offer our deepest condolences to the Carrington Family and a speedy recovery to Shane. God Speed =

SVTMaxx
February 20th, 2006, 06:09 PM
On behalf of Amanda, myself, and everyone at Hall Bros. Racing, we want to extend our deepest condolences to the people struck by this terrible tradgedy. Tim and myself were asleep in our hotel rooms when we got the call that this had happened, and spent a lot of time on the phone Sunday on the way home trying to find out more. What a terrible feeling it was at 2am lying in bed thinking about this. I'm thankful that no other lives were taken in this incident, and I'm also thankful that it was not a monster truck that caused this.

We would all also like to wish Shane a speedy recovery. Those of us who race for a living, no matter what type of racing, know in our hearts that this can be a dangerous profession. Let this tradgedy serve as a wake-up call and a reminder to us that in no aspect of our lives, especially at the race track, should we take safety for granted. If something could have been done to prevent this, then hopefully we will learn about it, and learn from this so that nobody else will be harmed. It is a terrible thing when someone is living the life they have chosen, living their dream, and it gets taken away from them.

Again, our thoughts are will all of the families and friends who have been affected by this horrible incident.

Kyle Doyle
Hall Brothers Racing

Chopper
February 20th, 2006, 07:43 PM
Very sad news. A big loss all around.

Best wishes to everybody involved.

SouthernCowboyMotorsports
February 20th, 2006, 08:35 PM
SCM-NEW ORLEANS would send our prayers to the Carrington family. It's a deeply miss in the Motorsports. You will be missed Calvin.

Cale Putnam
February 20th, 2006, 10:29 PM
On behalf of the MTRA, I would like to offer our condolences to Kelly, Kyle, and the entire family of Calvin Carrington. Calvin was a friend to many including myself and the industry will not be the same without him. The prayers of many go up to heaven for all who were involved in this incident. God BLess you Calvin and Godspeed in the heavenly arena, sincerely Jeff Bursey, MTRA President

ChevyMan454
February 20th, 2006, 11:14 PM
I meet him in late 1998. He was an great entertaner as well as an business man. He (and Mike Welch) could put on an show like no body on an limited buget. As we know he sometimes had us seeing red becasue of some of the things he done. God speed Calvin we will miss ay ol' buddy.

Monster Crasher
February 21st, 2006, 01:45 AM
Re-Edit:::( (to stick to Rememberance))

Calvins accomplishments besides winning American Monster Truck Association Champships, are also appearing with Wildfire Race and Ride trucks in the movie Rat Race, a stunt on MTVs reality show Real World/Road Rules(whichever one) A handfull of apperances with WWF/WWE, and theres probably many more. His interests in Monster Trucks, Wrestling, and Motorcycles truely showed. He will be missed.

MTRATTK
February 21st, 2006, 08:01 AM
OMG!!! I was so busy this weekend I never heard it or got online.
I've meet Calvin many times and he was always nice to me and let me in his shows free.

On behalf of myself and Tough Spirit Motorsports. My prayers go out to the Carrington and Smith families.

Life is so short, sometimes we just don't realize, how short it can be?

dancerii
February 21st, 2006, 02:18 PM
my prayers are with the carrington family. calvin will be greatly missed. I worked with calvin alot and i'll miss him deeply. good luck shane get well soon. the harwood's

Leon013
February 21st, 2006, 03:26 PM
**** man, i just noticed the new pic, that thing just about made me cry:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Scott Bryant 2
February 21st, 2006, 05:04 PM
As a fellow MTRA Director, I most assuredly second Mr. Bursey's sentiments. I know I speak for many when I say our thoughts and prayers are with the Carrington family and friends during this very difficult time. This industry is a circle of people, tied together by a common passion. It is always disheartening when that circle is broken and made smaller, especially under these circumstances, and the entire circle feels the effects. This kind of loss cannot really be put into words so I won't bother fumbling trying to express the many emotions that I, as well as this industry, feels right now other than to say that my heart is completely broken over this. I simply want to make it clear that while friends and family grieve, this industry grieves with you and though your loss cannot be measured, this industry feels a tremendous loss as well. I would also like friends and family to know that as we try to pick up and move forward, this loss will not go without action....

With Deepest Sympathy
Scott Bryant
Author: Monster Trucks 500 Series
2006 MTRA Director

USA1Lives
February 21st, 2006, 09:56 PM
Carrington Family,

Everyone with Shockwave 4x4 would like to send our condolences to the Carrington family. Our thoughts and paryers are with each and everyone one of you. Calvin will be truely missed by everyone who knew him.

God Bless,
Bill Braukmann
Kim Braukmann
Jessica Braukmann
Billy Braukmann
David Rife

MonsterStyleCom
February 21st, 2006, 10:41 PM
============================
From Steve Quercio:

As a Monster Truck Show Promoter that has known and run the Calvin Carrington and his entire fleet of Monster Trucks for several years, including when they were the WWF Trucks, Steve & Jill Quercio, and the "Outlaw Monster" Truck Spectacular sincerely send their condolence and prayers to the Carrington family and all effected by this unfortunate accident.

Calvin was one of the 1st Monster Trucks and a true Professional, and will be missed by all.

Sincerely,

Steve Quercio
============================

Sammy Baca
February 21st, 2006, 11:48 PM
As a former driver of Calvin's, I'm at a complete loss of words.My thoughts and prayers go out to the Carrington family.I spent the year of 2000 working and living at Calvins property in Sturbridge,Mass driving a monster truck for him. I knew his wife and his son. When I first met him I called him boss and Calvin asked me why I called him boss, I told him because your my boss. But Calvin wasn't just a boss,he was a friend,teacher & a good man.I learned so much from this man & I can't say thank you enough. I even went to Aruba with him and his family to dew a show. I was eating breakfast with him & his family in Sturbridge the day the towers fell. I still check my nuts and bolts the way he taught me on my pro-arena truck among other things he taught me. I remember one time I met WWF superstar Crash Holly and challenged Crash to a match & Calvin told Crash to just take me out back and whup my butt! Calvin was a man who gave numerous people the chance to live a dream and drive a monster truck. This is a huge loss in our business. I loved driving for Calvin and making him proud of my performances.Thank you Calvin I'll never meet anyone like you again. Godspeed Calvin and we''ll meet again one day in Heaven performing for the Almighty one.

Goodbye boss....

Leon013
February 22nd, 2006, 12:23 AM
Speakin about giving people a chance.

this is a short story about Calvin. in 2004 Demon broke in Rochester and the Team thrashed on the truck to get it back going. a Guy that lived next to the fairgrounds named Mike Sperlin was able to help Calvin Carrington repair ALL the trucks and get them back going for the 2nd night. Then in 2005 when Carrington came back to Rochecter he brought in Bulletproof and as a thank you to Mike Sperlin Calvin was going to let Mike drive the truck in the SHOW. This guy was gonna get to drive in his home town, and the guy lived a 3 minute walk from the track. while practicing the truck Mike Blew the motor on Bulletproof. Calvin then desided to have Mike drive the Wildfire truck BOTH nights the first night Mike broke the rear axel, the 2nd night he was picking it up. lol even funnyer was durring the show The Iron Horse Monster truck was driver out the front gate of the fairgrounds across the street and into Mike front yard where repairs were quickly made that in turn let Ron Stanwood WIN side by side racing that night.

So cal touched alot of people and gave everyone all he could no matter what.

mac718
February 22nd, 2006, 06:32 PM
I worked with Calvin sevral times in the last 10 years and he was a nice guy to be around hey was a racer from the word go.I wolud like send my condolences out to the Carrington family. Shane I dont know you bet I hope you are doing well too. thanks for the great years of racing RIP.

MichiganMonstersElliott
February 23rd, 2006, 08:58 PM
From Bobby Paul of Paul Shafer Motorsports
--------------------------------------------
Everyone from Paul Shafer Motorsports would like to extend their thoughts and prayers to the Family of Calvin Carrington.

He will be missed by many.

-------------------------------------------

team chaos101
February 27th, 2006, 03:24 AM
Wow.

What can one say. I knew Calvin, always got along with him fine. Had some fun times with him.

I hate to see anyone go like this, but expecially someone you know. It is a loss. One that will be felt by many, and mourned by all.

I hope that at the very least, somehow we can pull some good from this tradgedy. Though we lost an old friend, and a member of our racing family....maybe it can serve as a reminder to us to keep ours and others safety in mind. Like Tim knerr said, life is short, and it tears at your heart when one is taken too early.

My thoughts have been on this everyday since that night. And most likely will be at every show i go to from now on.

My prayers to the Carrington family.
Brian McCarthy

AMERICAN RIDE
February 27th, 2006, 05:38 PM
American Promotions Motorsports Entertainment would like to send our prayers out to the Carrington Family!! Calvin will be missed,but not forgotten!! We traveled with Calvin and his family in Canada doing Monster Truck Shows for Torgerson's Tour back in the 90's and what a great man and a Monster Truck performer to be around. Calvin was always easy to talk to and work with .
Mr. Microphone:hat

Scott Bryant 2
March 1st, 2006, 01:39 PM
Don't know if anyone has seen this or not but we have put our condolences and some info about the Carrington family donation fund on the MTRA website. Here's the link: MTRA Newspage (http://www.mtra.us/news.html).

stlouis boy
March 13th, 2006, 03:12 AM
i never met him but he was a part of the monstertruck industry r.i.p. and get well shane smith

Jason
March 23rd, 2006, 05:32 PM
The following is copied from the most recent Australian Monster Truck Racing Association newsletter. A personal message from KC’s Fireworks owner Clive Featherby…

Many monster truck followers in Australia may remember Calvin from the days when be brought “The Rock” monster truck and others for a short tour of Australia 3 years ago. Calvin, Kelley and Kyle traveled between Brisbane and Sydney with a highlight of their visit meeting Steve Irwin at the Australia Zoo.

Calvin was the initial force behind monster truck moving to the next level here and through his visit to Australia we formed a partnership that saw us move much of our Waterscreen operations to Sturbridge Massachusetts where we worked as partners on monster truck and Waterscreen shows through many centers of the north east USA such as Keene, NH, Rochester, NY, Rutland Vermont, Hopkington, NH, Bangor, ME, and Greenfield, MA to name a few.

Obviously living with Calvin for many months of the year I got to know him very well and although at times we certainly chose to disagree, I was in awe of his ability to devote and enjoy his family time with true and genuine commitment to his wife Kelley and son Kyle. No matter how busy he was he always had time for his family. He was probably one of the most devoted family men I ever met.

His favorite toy was his Harley motorcycle and he along with Kelley who also had her own bike would love nothing more than to take evening rides (Kyle on the back) through the country roads around his then Sturbridge home, which was a lovely are in amongst the trees with a huge lake that the beavers blocked on a regular basis.

Calvin was very popular in Australia and will be missed by many in this country. Know the family as well as I did and how strong the bond, especially between Kyle and Calvin, I cannot even being to imagine how the family will cope with such a tragic loss.

Paul Shafer was the first to call us to let us know the terrible news and even today I keep getting flashbacks of Calvin and find it impossible to comprehend that a life of someone so experienced in the world of monster trucks could come to such a tragic end.

All of the people here in Australia that met and knew the Carrington family wish both Kelley and Kyle our sincere condolences and hope that even through the pain and grieving that you do in time regain happiness and a decent standard of life.

No one deserves to have a family broken in such tragic circumstances.

Rest in peach Calvin Carrington

Best wishes,
Clive Featherby.

FlyinBryan4
March 23rd, 2006, 08:15 PM
Here is a repost of the tribute video done by Jake Smallwood:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=z...er%20Truck (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2yCv3JxP6s&search=Monster%20Truck)

Leon013
March 28th, 2006, 01:14 PM
I remember that Water screen show. 2002 Rochester Nh was the first american showing. Just amazing

mrgoodwrench
April 1st, 2006, 09:06 PM
i can't remember if i replied to any of these posts or not......but i too would like to send my thoughts and prayers out to kelly and kyle carrington, and the rest of calvin's family, friends, and fans. i think i have only seen calvin at one monster truck show in my whole life.......pontiac 1996.

....GOD'S SPEED CALVIN....
-chris
"mr. goodwrench"

Oldtymemonstermattt
April 10th, 2006, 12:45 AM
One of the things that sticks out most in my mind about calvin was a show in january of 95 at the then knicker*****r arena in albany ny. calvin won in the first round over gary bauer in nitemare 2 and rolled it over after nearly saving it. he came back for the final round and lost a close one to a dominating taurus. even after that he put on a great performance in freestyle. i was pretty impressed by that.

Darkchylde1313
July 27th, 2006, 09:56 AM
Well, What can I say, I am just hearing about this now. As originally being a Monster Truck team that started right here in Mass, My heart and condolences go out to the Carrington Family and The Crew of the Wildfire Monster Truck. I met Calvin a few years ago. When his truck was at a show at the Worcester Centrum. He will be missed dearly

rns0504
August 31st, 2006, 12:11 PM
I met Calvin at a show down here in Mesa Park years ago, and i didn't even know it until a few weeks ago, when i looked at my autograph sheet and saw it, and found a pic of me with him

onlyoneheart_04
September 21st, 2006, 02:28 PM
Im sorry for the lost of a great driver
Our thoughts and prayers go out to the family
This was the darkest hour in monster truck history but as some of the drivers would say the show must go on. I hope i dont get kick off just because of what I said but i am truly sorry that we lost one of the great drivers to the motorsport

pHIL
November 8th, 2006, 10:52 PM
last time i saw calvin was at wall township speedway. this was 1995 or 96, i forget. he put on a great show and we will miss him:(