PDA

View Full Version : Off-Topic Burning Desire, where is it now

RnW 13
November 23rd, 2009, 05:39 PM
Simply put, does anybody know the where abouts of the old black chevy Burning Desire. I know it is from around the Illinois/Wisconsin area as it was frequently at Great Lakes Dragaway, even representing it on the truck.

For those unfamiliar its featured in the Great Lakes Dragaway segments of CRUSH THIS.

Stomping The Bully
November 23rd, 2009, 08:08 PM
I was wondering that myself. Loved the tractor tires it ran.

YouTube- Monster Truck Crush This Pt2

Cactusjack1999
November 24th, 2009, 02:37 AM
As I understood it, the truck caught fire and burned

JAdamz
November 24th, 2009, 11:54 AM
As I understood it, the truck caught fire and burned
Now if that isn't irony... :eek:

American Ride
November 25th, 2009, 01:55 PM
The story of this truck is wild. He started out with a minny monster on tractor tires and at one of the shows at Great Lakes Dragaway he rolled it and when they went to flip it over the chain broke sending the truck back on its side and the battery grounded out on the hood and the truck started on fire and burned to the ground! Then during the rebuilding process he had a garage fire and the truck burned up again. Broadway Bob promoter at Great Lakes Dragaway felt bad and helped him out with money to put the truck back together and thats where the Great Lakes Dragaway logo on the truck came from! As far as were the truck is now, i can not awnser that. This is where the Burning Desire name come from!!

Stomping The Bully
November 26th, 2009, 01:03 AM
I really would have loved to be a fly on the wall when Bob talked to Burning Desire's owners.

"Um Bob, the dang truck burned down again."

RnW 13
November 26th, 2009, 09:52 AM
So it is still around most likely? Or did I misunderstand something.

tklentz
March 3rd, 2013, 12:10 AM
I believe the truck was disassembled. My Uncle Bill Owned it and ran it. The first truck that he started with was called "the Red Devil" That is the truck that burnt at Great Lakes. That was the first and only time that the truck burnt. He then rebuilt it. In the process of the rebuild He lost his father (my grandfather) and then less than a year later the house was struck by lightning and burnt. Last I knew he had the tires and a friend of mine owns the roll bar and some of the other parts. He also drag race several cars a Great Lakes. However if anyone one would be willing to share old pictures of either truck or video that would be awesome.

Simply put, does anybody know the where abouts of the old black chevy Burning Desire. I know it is from around the Illinois/Wisconsin area as it was frequently at Great Lakes Dragaway, even representing it on the truck.

For those unfamiliar its featured in the Great Lakes Dragaway segments of CRUSH THIS.

- - - Updated - - -

RnW 13
March 8th, 2013, 09:30 PM
thanks for the information, much appreciated and good to know. GLD has a lot of history and this is a great addition to it