PDA

View Full Version : Tanks at Grand Nationals?

EdCFP
January 2nd, 2010, 12:19 AM
Would like to explore the idea of have a battle of the Tanks in Pocatello at the MONSTER TRUCK GRAND NATIONALS and NIGHT OF DESTRUCTION on Saturday night April 17th.

Zane probably just rolled his eyes.......with a :eek: look on his face. Hahaha!

Ed Beckley [email protected]
2010 is ours..........but we might let you have some of it when you come to our shows!

Tim Dudley
January 2nd, 2010, 12:52 AM
Oh OH! And to cap it off Ed...have a fun race of winning racing champion that night vs. Monster Tank like in the 80s! Ohhhhhhhhhh LOVE ITTTTT!

Jason Twite
January 2nd, 2010, 12:59 AM
Get ahold of Ryan Rice! Abuzer vs. Cult! bring it on!

wrecker1
January 2nd, 2010, 01:06 AM
Ed....I won't lie, that would be AWESOME to see!

Adam Connell
January 2nd, 2010, 01:08 AM
Ed I think you know how I feel! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT!

Brandon
January 2nd, 2010, 01:22 AM
See, I knew Ed and I are always on the same page. This time it just took a little more time to come around.

Count me in, I just need to know the details. It stays busy with the CULT ENERGY promotions.

I have been working on ours here at my house for the last 2 weeks. Man the neighbors around here do not know what to think about it.

Hey, Ed, another idea for the event, try to get the so called worlds fastest one to show up also, I want to see something.

MonsterCED
January 2nd, 2010, 01:33 AM
I say go for it Ed. We need someone to get it going. I think you should run 1 or 2 teaser runs during the normal event and then after the MT are done let them loose to tear the place apart, be it as a competition or just going nuts.

RyanRoberts
January 2nd, 2010, 01:34 AM
time to fire up the fastrax :eek:

InsanoRacer
January 2nd, 2010, 01:37 AM
time to fire up the fastrax

yea if it had motors in it

BaptismByFire
January 2nd, 2010, 01:40 AM
I approve.

Brandon
January 2nd, 2010, 01:43 AM
I spoke with Trent on this, he said if the promoters start back with them and there is a large enough interest in them, then he would.

This was back when we first started them back up again.

Now with Ed on board, we all know his relationship with Bigfoot, so maybe he can make it happen.

I can say, ours is out almost every weekend doing car crush promotions for CULT ENERGY. The interest in them is GREAT, the responce we all see is even better from a fan's side of view.

Oh, and Ed, get me something we can go thru, like a old tralier home or some sort. Ours really likes to drive thru things as well as drive over them.

EdCFP
January 2nd, 2010, 02:35 PM
Since we are the only other promoter that does large stadium shows other than Feld we have the room to turn these metal shredding monsters loose.

I am now thinking maybe first we do this in Grand Forks that place is huge!

more later . . . . .

BobT
January 2nd, 2010, 02:41 PM
Let's talk, we need to do some serious work to ours.

American Ride
January 2nd, 2010, 03:03 PM
Ed, i wouldnt be so fast to say your the only promoter doing stadiums as i have 9 shows in stadiums with the smallest venue holding 30,000 spectators and i just inquired a couple of tanks to do shows as well.

HighFlyer
January 2nd, 2010, 03:13 PM
Since we are the only other promoter that does large stadium shows other than Feld we have the room to turn these metal shredding monsters loose.

I am now thinking maybe first we do this in Grand Forks that place is huge!

more later . . . . .

Yes, yes, yes!!! Feel free to try it out in Grand Forks first I approve if I can make it up there.

EdCFP
January 2nd, 2010, 03:14 PM
MIKE - I would bet that the rest of us would like for you to give us your dates and your facility names??

575Hemi
January 2nd, 2010, 03:25 PM
Would be sweet to see tanks race in person, but too far for me.....

JRB4337
January 2nd, 2010, 03:47 PM
Personally it doesn't matter who has more stadiums than the other, I just like the fact that these tanks are gainin popularity. I think with the technology out there and the fact they can operate in any size arena they would put on an excellent show.

joshwonger
January 2nd, 2010, 04:16 PM
mike - i would bet that the rest of us would like for you to give us your dates and your facility names??
Ehhh...nevermind my criticism but to comment on the tanks,it's a good idea...

Robbie Milburn
January 2nd, 2010, 05:07 PM
Tanks would be the ultimate "side act!"

Randy Barton BUGZILLA MT
January 3rd, 2010, 01:26 PM
Geez, I can remember about 6 years ago when everyone told me that it was stupid to put a tank together, and that no one wants to see them again...maybe it wasn`t so stupid huh???

HighFlyer
January 3rd, 2010, 02:43 PM
Not stupid at all Randy, that is why it is best to do what you think is the good choice, and not what others think

Tim Dudley
January 3rd, 2010, 03:20 PM
Not stupid at all...I always loved the Tanks and MT's. My guess is people didn't think they could run with 9,500-10,000 pounds when themselves can weight that much. Wasn't Nightcrawer back few years ago like 9,500 pounds?

carcrusher
January 3rd, 2010, 03:42 PM
indeed - pezo's 2nd predator tank (which became nitecrawler) was somewhere around that weight range. wasn't it purposely built out of aluminum for racing?

if the tanks make a revival, i think one thing promotors should really push to the building owners is the tanks that have suspension. the m4's really took a toll on arena floors but the other personnel carriers that have suspension would cause much less cause for concern, in my opinion.

Randy Barton BUGZILLA MT
January 3rd, 2010, 04:15 PM
Allthough mine has been sold, dont count me out just yet :rolleyes:

Furious Rodimus
January 3rd, 2010, 04:36 PM
This is an awesome turn of events! It would be cool to see a Tank division alongside the Truck division again if interest is strong enough. I approve ! (not that it matters anyway, lol).

Brandon
January 4th, 2010, 09:06 AM
I am in the same agreement with Randy, we spoke of TANKS and got laughed at. Well it has taken some time and effort on our part, but I finally beleve this is going to turn around from then and become good again.

It is no secret that we have been allowed to run ours at events since we have had it, It works great with the fans. Myself and Randy just felt it was time to bring them back and change up the event mix a little, bringint the tank out really amazes the young and older fans.

I have been working on the guidelines, rules and regulations for the tanks to be equiped with.

gorkdwg
January 4th, 2010, 10:09 AM
great now I am going to have to make the trip to Poticello :D my wife says thanks alot

Brandon Clark
January 4th, 2010, 02:02 PM
The way I look at it is this. This is a current trend that has been on the way back for sometime, but it goes back, oh, lets say 7 or 8 years. When the whole Rat Rodding trend started to pop up around 02 or 03, people were trying to bring it back old school, with flat paints and multiple Stromberg 97's, getting away from the street rod movement that was huge in the 90's; In 2005 Ford debuted the all-new retro styled Mustang, and Chevrolet and Dodge have done the same with the Camaro and Challenger, respectively.

There are always Trends in the automotive world, and Monsters, although we crush autos, are still part of automotive culture. Right now hte current trend, which is running STRONG, is everything Retro.

...and it doesn't get much more retro than Tanks.

soulja55
January 4th, 2010, 07:54 PM
Tanks would be the ultimate "side act!"

i think tanks are coming back with a vengeance and 2010 is gonna be our year. shoot....i see us as the main attraction!

Geez, I can remember about 6 years ago when everyone told me that it was stupid to put a tank together, and that no one wants to see them again...maybe it wasn`t so stupid huh???

Randy... i already found out there were haters. ****....everyone said "you got a tank?!!!??!!!! what are you gonna do with that!!???!!!!" they want to see it bad now.....

I am in the same agreement with Randy, we spoke of TANKS and got laughed at. Well it has taken some time and effort on our part, but I finally beleve this is going to turn around from then and become good again.

It is no secret that we have been allowed to run ours at events since we have had it, It works great with the fans. Myself and Randy just felt it was time to bring them back and change up the event mix a little, bringint the tank out really amazes the young and older fans.

I have been working on the guidelines, rules and regulations for the tanks to be equiped with.