PDA

View Full Version : Pa Mountain Monster

adamsoffroad
January 6th, 2010, 08:33 AM
Does anybody have any video footage of Rarig's Pa Mountain Monster? or even any really cool pics?

Daniel G
January 6th, 2010, 10:42 AM
The only VHS video tape where you can see this truck in on the "Crushers" from 1990 american video.

Daniel G
January 6th, 2010, 10:44 AM
And I think that this video tape is on YouTube breaking in 3 ou 4 parts

adamsoffroad
January 6th, 2010, 11:14 AM
I'll have to look for it. Thanks

Daniel G
January 6th, 2010, 02:16 PM
The video Crushers show 2 complete monster truck show and the last 20 minutes show mud race. The PA Monster is on the first MT show so if you look on Youtube, I'm pretty sure that it should be on the 1st segment

TeamMayhem
January 6th, 2010, 05:52 PM
You know, that truck was sold to a promotor in Japan- from what the most consistent story told. Anyone have any record of having heard of it over there?

gravedigger4x42007
January 6th, 2010, 06:38 PM
Can u plz post the video link on here plz

dave3BA
January 6th, 2010, 07:57 PM
PA Mountain Monster was actually on a few shows in addition to the Crushers video. It was also at televised events '88 TNT Charleston WV, '88 HART Allentown PA, '88 HART Bloomsburg PA are all I've seen.

adamsoffroad
January 6th, 2010, 08:04 PM
You know, that truck was sold to a promotor in Japan- from what the most consistent story told. Anyone have any record of having heard of it over there?

This is true. Rarig told me this last wed. when I was at his place. He said he sold it for 40,000 while he was over there.

theace27
January 6th, 2010, 08:19 PM
Hey Adam, I just posted 3 pics for you of the Mountain Monster in the Old Skool pic thread.

madnessezra
January 6th, 2010, 11:30 PM
THE $40,000 BIT IS TRUE, HE USED THE MONEY TO BUY WALKIN TALL, AND THUNDER CHICKENS ALKY MOTOR, I DID PARADES IN THAT TRUCK,AND SLAVE LABOR ON PAINTING UNDERCARRAIGE WEEKLY,AND TIRE DUTY.I WAS LIKE 13,AND SPENT 13 HOURS A DAY THERE IN THE SUMMER. i know every inch of mountain monster still to this day. wish i knew more of whats up with it, i google the guy from japan who bought it, came up empty.

madnessezra
January 6th, 2010, 11:40 PM
mountain monster did a show in pueto rico in 1987 becoming the 1987 world champ.dennis anderson digger 1, porter in crusher 1,mopar magic,casper,barnyard beast,thunderbeast,mudman(before kid owned it), were all there, mountain monster vs carolina crusher in the final, both trucks broke a wheel and stopped short, but mountain monster was further, so he won a huge trophy.....i have a newspaper article about it, and used to have a vhs of it....dennis anderson was amazing with his digger 1, and total lack of fear.

adamsoffroad
January 6th, 2010, 11:57 PM
cool I always loved that truck.

dave3BA
January 6th, 2010, 11:58 PM
If you ever find that VHS, please contact me (and everyone else on this board, I'm sure).

Daniel G
January 7th, 2010, 12:13 AM
I've brought the VHS on ebay in 2003 or 2004 in perfect shape. I only seen this tape 1 time on ebay and I brought a lot of MT VHS tape between 2002 and 2005. It's a great piece. No music - No commentator - only MT engines and crowd sounds...really love this tape.

adamsoffroad
January 7th, 2010, 12:19 AM
I've brought the VHS on ebay in 2003 or 2004 in perfect shape. I only seen this tape 1 time on ebay and I brought a lot of MT VHS tape between 2002 and 2005. It's a great piece. No music - No commentator - only MT engines and crowd sounds...really love this tape.
Is it possible to make a copy of it?

Daniel G
January 7th, 2010, 08:36 AM
Is it possible to make a copy of it?

No problem. I have a Panasonic VHS/DVD combo recorder. Can make a great DVD copy. I search for old school MT video like any TV series like TNT you had at the US television between 85-95. So if you have this kind of stuff, we can make an exchange. I have in my collection practically all VHS and DVD video that were on market since 80's debut (?100 title) but I don't have your TV MT series.

adamsoffroad
January 7th, 2010, 11:37 AM
cool

Cactusjack1999
January 7th, 2010, 04:52 PM
DIdn't someone say they knew someone who had a copy of the japan show?

Whatever happened to that?

madnessezra
January 7th, 2010, 06:04 PM
Kid himself ended up taking my pueto rico vhs, if you can dvd 1 for me, i will buy it, or work a trade....i have the yearbook from the japan show,and a letter he wrote me from over there...video is long gone tho...the honalulu show is on u tube< its from same tour. :D

madnessezra
January 7th, 2010, 06:16 PM
hey adam,and all mayhemers, i just got off the phone with kid, hes going to come onto the board....we actually know more about all this history than he remembers. i have many pics but have a hard time getting them online.

theace27
January 7th, 2010, 06:21 PM
hey adam,and all mayhemers, i just got off the phone with kid, hes going to come onto the board....we actually know more about all this history than he remembers. i have many pics but have a hard time getting them online.

I'll help ya anyway I can in getting your pics online. Also anyway you can scan some of the Japan program? I'd love to see it.

madnessezra
January 7th, 2010, 06:24 PM
i will dig it all up, but i might have to cell phone pic it...

adamsoffroad
January 8th, 2010, 12:11 PM

Cool maybe this will light the fire to get the chicken up and running quicker.

modeltruckshop
January 9th, 2010, 05:40 PM
Adam here is another pic to go with the ones Mike posted. This is from the November '88 Four Wheeler. Steve
http://www.monstermayhem.org/forums/images/imported/2010/01/127.jpg

adam tereska
January 9th, 2010, 05:59 PM
I have that issue, too. I showed it to Shawn Hunsicker and he got so excited, he almost knocked the window out of my car in shock. I also took models down to Bloomsburg that riled him up well. Cool magazine pic. I do know that as of a few years ago, a family friend who was stationed there said the monsters that were near him, Mountain Monster one of them; were in perfect hybernation in a former furniture warehouse that is climate controlled. He volunteered as much as he could and did they maintain them well!!!!! Always polishing, touching up chips and scratches, rebuilding parts, etc. They were all perfect. Sadly, two weeks before his move back to America, his house burned to the ground, so no pics.

ProTruckChallenge
January 9th, 2010, 06:12 PM
yeah, i remember that picture. something about a 79 ford flyin through the air that just gets to me haha