PDA

View Full Version : Mini Nasty Habits

extreme racing
February 20th, 2010, 05:16 AM
So a new build starts tomarrow, Another mini monster to add to the group, Were going to start building a new mini nasty habits in honor of a true west coast classic, Its long gone but a favorite, Ill try to update with pics as we get the truck built. Just a fyi the truck is an will be owned by a good friend of ours, So no its not mine. It will start life with 44" super swampers an heavy modified oem 1 ton axle housings untill 54" terras an 2.5 rocks can be afforded.

Heres a fellow MINI Monster truck racer at a local Monster truck show.

http://www.monstermayhem.org/forums/images/imported/2010/02/635.jpg (http://img30.imageshack.us/i/img4011k.jpg/)

Not our pic, But were running cut boggers with a set of longs rims with weld on beadlocks just as this pic shows, almost dead identical.
http://www.monstermayhem.org/forums/images/imported/2010/02/636.jpg (http://img521.imageshack.us/i/alliedbead.jpg/)

SavedONE
February 20th, 2010, 10:16 AM
-I've never heard of this type of MT racing, do you know of any vids/pics? Does this have a points series? What are the class rules, (like tire size, HP, wt., etc.) I'm super-interested, any information would be greatly appreciated, thank you:thumbsup:

hoopty_yo
February 21st, 2010, 12:11 AM
Its long gone but a favorite,

Is it really gone? Are you going to use the name?:coffee:

Defective-X
February 21st, 2010, 12:29 AM
He might just mean the original state of Nasty Habits is gone. Now its a crew cab chevy after they lost it off the trailer. They still call it Nasty Habits, but I'm sorry... it won't be the same.:shakeshead:
And no there is no points series or regulations for the mini monsters. Its mainly tube chassis trucks running 2 1/2 ton axels and larger DOT tires that do exhibitons. They are a blast to watch though. I've done some of it to back in the day.

extreme racing
February 21st, 2010, 06:07 AM
Ok so the mini monster trucks are not very big up here there are 4 that i have seen compete out here. So far they race with the pro arena trucks/ tuff truck in a so called OUTLAW class, There is no point series they just travel with the monster truck shows. The 3 are oem chevy chassis with modified steel body's an roll cages, tube cradles with nitrogen shocks, Heavily modified 1ton running gear. But it's not limited to that there can be trucks with 1 ton running gear all the way to 2.5 rockwell axles, With tires from 38" Interco Mud tires (tsl's, Boggers, ect) To 54in firestone terra's, it just depends who has the deeper pockets, All trucks have driveline hoops, RII'S an Hydro steering in the front, Roll cages, Race seats w/5pt harness,and fuel cells. There is one truck that is full tube an all fiberglass body with nitrogen shocks. Engine's are mild built engine 3 have chevy 350's running carbs an pump gas, The full tube truck runs a 383 stroker on 110 race fuel, As far as the MINI NASTY Yes we will be running the name, It will be a hallowed out 70's chevy truck,With a 454 on TRICK 110 and a predator carb, full manual valve body turbo 400 trans, rii, all safty equipment halon system, emergency push to kill ignition with rear mounted pull kill switch, and MAGNAFLOW race mufflers bolted to the headers, But for the mean time the truck will run leafsprings with nitrogen rancho shocks with external res an 4 per corner. It should make a ok set up for being a poor mans monster truck. I hope that sheads light on what these mini's are. Any Q's just ask.

gmtgmt
February 21st, 2010, 06:45 AM
Nasty Habits in its current states
http://www.monstermayhem.org/forums/images/imported/2009/05/117.jpg
i want to buy it very bad oh well

InsanoRacer
February 21st, 2010, 07:12 AM
Any Q's just ask.

shouldnt you be finishing the full size monsters you said you were gonna build?.... or actually i think you said they were half way done...and/or you bought like 3 different trucks and was screwed in a ebay conflict..... how bout you just run down to hobby town usa and pick up a model of a monster truck and join the model build off on the toy board... might have a safer bet finishing that pipe dream

extreme racing
February 21st, 2010, 07:36 AM
shouldnt you be finishing the full size monsters you said you were gonna build?.... or actually i think you said they were half way done...and/or you bought like 3 different trucks and was screwed in a ebay conflict..... how bout you just run down to hobby town usa and pick up a model of a monster truck and join the model build off on the toy board... might have a safer bet finishing that pipe dream

Yea i was waiting for someone to stur that pot MAYHEM NEVER FORGETS!!!!! Thing's were too quiet for too long!!!, Well these are harder to build than they look with no help an no experance, an no connections to decent priced parts, i know bill payne has a sweet vender on parts 1k for a 5ton axle.(WOH) But he keeps that under lock an key. Also with the more i see the inside of the industry and how things work with promoter an traveling all the time its not practical being a company manager working 50hrs a week, An the trucks are outdated, Ill keep tinkering with it, No need anymore to rush its pointless, I want to see them get built i mean i did take a huge equity loan on my home, But ill keep looking for stuff an build an old play toy. An also like i said this project is not mine its a long time friend of mine we grew up together he's signing the checks im just fueling the fire with ideas an thought a few people might get a kick out of it..Oh i picked up a new dragon slayer model from hobby town today infact!!!!:thumbsup:.. Have a good one.

Nasty Habits in its current states
http://www.monstermayhem.org/forums/images/imported/2009/05/117.jpg
i want to buy it very bad oh well

Yea it looks a lot diffrent from they days when mike owner her, Chris lived about 30min north of us i seen nasy about 2 years a go it was giving rides at a local fair event type thing, Allways liked the nasty habits truck..

SavedONE
February 21st, 2010, 10:37 AM
-thank-you for the class info., I've never seen these raced, but they sound very cool, (especially w/ those 54" boggers), I mean MT's started out on 48"ers, so these are 6" better :boogie: