PDA

View Full Version : Quick Taurus question

Fat Brian
March 2nd, 2010, 07:15 PM
I eventually want to do a Taurus 1 replica for 4x4 Evo 2 and have a question. The first version of the truck had a 79-80 GM body with the next version having an 80-87 body, were these bodies on the same frame? Is the 80-87 truck a separate chassis as the 73-79 truck ? I have only found a few pics of the 73-79 version and none where the frame is well lit. I'm going to build the 80-87 version since I prefer that body style anyway but I wanted to know about the earlier truck.

AvengerFan86
March 2nd, 2010, 08:51 PM
The 80-87 version was Taurus II.Bearfoot 1 is the same chassis and is Taurus 1.

Fat Brian
March 2nd, 2010, 11:46 PM
Wow, I never knew that. So the 80-87 version was the first true Taurus original chassis. Thats the thing about monsterphotos, some important info is missing.

Paul curtis
March 2nd, 2010, 11:51 PM
Im not sure thats true, more than likely it was just a rebody and maybe some beefing up of the frame, I dont remember 2 73-87 Bodied Taurus' running at the same time, tho I could be wrong I would think that the new truck didnt come along until Taurus 2(88+ Body)

HeartbeatFan
March 3rd, 2010, 12:08 AM
I can't remember if they changed the frame or not after the truck falling off the trailer. I thought it was just a rebody after the accident on War of the Monster Trucks. Please chime in if I am wrong. Trevor

Paul curtis
March 3rd, 2010, 12:27 AM
thats what I thought too

adam tereska
March 3rd, 2010, 12:52 AM
Straight from the Wilmans:
The Taurus that fell off the trailer was a rebody and suspension repair, NOT a new truck. The original body, originally Bearfoot, was a '74 model year. The rebody was an '85. There was some reinforcements added with the intensity increase of the shows, but it was the same truck. Taurus 2 is an '88 model truck with a lighter chassis with a lower center of gravity, and longer, flatter springs. The frame never bent, according to Jack, Jr.

adam tereska
March 3rd, 2010, 12:56 AM
Actually Paul Curtis, Taurus 1 did double runs with Bearfoot 3; both were '85 model year GM trucks.

Fat Brian
March 3rd, 2010, 01:48 AM
Well, if the owners of the truck say its the same it must be the same. The front part of the frame looks the same but the middle and rear look to be different/upgraded.

adam tereska
March 3rd, 2010, 01:59 AM
As I said mentioned previously, Brian, there are some reinforcements added due to more intense exhibitions; which is why differences can be seen.

SegaJeep
March 22nd, 2010, 12:51 AM
I watched that clip on you tube from WOTMS with the wreck details and it sucked seeing the old boy beat up like that.Wouldn't want the insurance premiums of the guy who smoked the back end of Taurus.