PDA

View Full Version : World Finals CBS airing

bountyhunterfan
April 11th, 2010, 01:47 AM
I live in AZ and on Sunday on my Directv guide it shows nothing for the World Finals. Has anyone else on the west coast had this problem?

car66
April 11th, 2010, 01:49 AM
i live in western washington and our cable guide says its on CBS at 9am

hoopty_yo
April 11th, 2010, 02:09 AM
Thanks! I would have missed that!

crash1
April 11th, 2010, 02:56 AM
Hey car66 what channel is cbs,and what sunday .The 10th or the following one

crash1
April 11th, 2010, 03:12 AM
Never mind found it.lol.

wheaton56
April 11th, 2010, 09:24 AM
10AM in Colorado

JonC5
April 11th, 2010, 10:06 AM
when is it come on...what day...what time down here in florida...

Jus Show N Off
April 11th, 2010, 11:14 AM
Today, in roughly 1 hour.

Perhaps you would just prefer one of us to come over and turn on your tv for you too?

Steel Dragon
April 11th, 2010, 11:16 AM
Man, this sucks! Nobody I know within a 10 mile radius has a TV that gets CBS :(

Cale Putnam
April 11th, 2010, 11:58 AM
Funny that it's on the day of the Masters. I'd love to hear Jim Nantz do the monsters:

"A tradition unlike any other...the Monster Jam World Finals."

nome66
April 11th, 2010, 12:43 PM
Noon out here on the east coast.
Btw I'm wathcin' it now lol.

Bigtruck1217
April 11th, 2010, 12:44 PM
I like how they showed Colombus, OH and Rosement, IL small shows in the highlights around the world.. I like it so far :D

EmJay
April 11th, 2010, 12:50 PM
pretty good show.

Muddy
April 11th, 2010, 01:00 PM
Oh boy...I think i heard the explosion of Mayhem members heads after that last segment. Good quality show overall...could have done without the "by far the biggest move of the night" for the mid-air stunt fail with the Anderson's, but it doesn't take away from the broadcast.

Bigtruck1217
April 11th, 2010, 01:01 PM
Yup was a good show :D

Gravefan
April 11th, 2010, 01:03 PM
Great show all around. I also loved seeing the smaller shows in there a little bit. In fact I was almost in a couple shots during the Columbus recap.

Great show and hopefully that spreads the word of monster jam to some new fans.

wrecker1
April 11th, 2010, 01:15 PM
Excellent Job Feld. VERY good show.

Liked the touch of the encore being in the special. Camera angles looked good as well. Nice work.

wheaton56
April 11th, 2010, 01:20 PM
why are folks so PO'ed about the grave digger air crash with his son?

It make people watch and my kids smile!!

Muddy
April 11th, 2010, 01:22 PM
why are folks so PO'ed about the grave digger air crash with his son?

It make people watch and my kids smile!!

Lot of folks want Monster Trucks to be more...well, more like Nascar; Of course, Nascar race's aren't run on dirt tracks, running cars over, but, people like to pretend.

Joepotato
April 11th, 2010, 01:23 PM
Excellent show, Feld. Definitely the best of all the WF's specials so far. They just get better and better every year.

Steel Dragon
April 11th, 2010, 01:23 PM
Is there any chance of this show being posted somewhere?

bigyoda
April 11th, 2010, 01:24 PM
Trucks shouldn't be crashing into each other on purpose. Period.

Jjd92186
April 11th, 2010, 01:41 PM
I enjoyed the show. Nice job Feld.

carcrusher
April 11th, 2010, 01:45 PM
I really liked this year's presentation - very well done. It's nice to see they spent some time showing the racing side of the event too rather than mostly freestyle.

Don
April 11th, 2010, 02:07 PM
I really liked this year's presentation - very well done. It's nice to see they spent some time showing the racing side of the event too rather than mostly freestyle.

Are you kidding me there was 15 min. on pit party and 5 on 24 trucks racing 5 rounds.

Good exposure and well done but seemed like a very rushed to get as much as possable in a 1 hour infomercial.
But thats ok it will put more butts in the seats next year.

Tommy
April 11th, 2010, 02:27 PM
Excellent show, Feld. Definitely the best of all the WF's specials so far. They just get better and better every year.

...Now if they can only make it LIVE on Speed, it'd make it even better.

carcrusher
April 11th, 2010, 02:28 PM
Don - what I was referring to was they didn't just show the finals, like it seems like they do overseas on their coverage.

Tommy
April 11th, 2010, 02:31 PM
Are you kidding me there was 15 min. on pit party and 5 on 24 trucks racing 5 rounds.

Good exposure and well done but seemed like a very rushed to get as much as possable in a 1 hour infomercial.
But thats ok it will put more butts in the seats next year.

Yeah, to me it seemed like there was more advertising involved than actual race footage.

MonsterCED
April 11th, 2010, 02:49 PM
The thing about it is it was not just a show on or for the World Finals it was a promotional show on MJ, but the fetcher was the World Finals.

I have not been watching much MJ but I'm glad to hear them calling themselves a tour and not a series. Much better!

I?m now convinced that a forward momentum back flip can be done. Meaning they land and drive away in the same direction they started, never stopping the forward momentum. I think the best way to do this is actually simple to me. Put a slap wheelie bump in front of the proper ramp so that after you go over it and get the bounce you can carry the front wheels in the air up that ramp back wheels only on the ground. While powering the back wheels up the ramp it would push the back of the truck under the front and around you go.

Is anyone out there listening:p

It will work. Just have to set up the different ramps right and the shocks.
Also after see Air Force A.B. and after getting my back flip set up working you could pull of a back flip ? twist and land going back the other way. Which is basically what he did. Way kool if you can pull that kind of shizt off.

The end like I said before was dumb and a talentless waste of time and effort.

warrior motorsports
April 11th, 2010, 02:51 PM
I would like to say to it was a good show. and I also was there to watch it. but I know its been talked about before but lets have a real WORLD FINALS. If Feld wants to pick the first 24 trucks then lets have a open qualify for 8 more spots. 32 truck field no first round byes. If trucks want to come over from other countries let eveyone try to qualify for the final 8 spots.I know it would cost Feld more money but it would be a World Finals where everyone could get a chance. Don Frankish for example has been doing setups out there for years but never once was asked to be in the show and there are alot more drivers that would love to be in it even knowing it will cost them alot of repairs. Some of the trucks that did the encore could of did better than some of the drivers that were in the show but there again hired Feld guns are alot cheaper instead of paying for more trucks. It is a great weekend for the monster truck fans but lets make it even better with a real World Finals instead of a Feld hired gun finals. Just my opinion from a old schooler.

ls1monster
April 11th, 2010, 03:29 PM
Good show..I really enjoyed the segment on Ryan Anderson. Sure made me miss being in Las Vegas 2 weeks ago.

IggyACE
April 11th, 2010, 03:37 PM
Fudge, I missed it!

Wright58
April 11th, 2010, 04:13 PM
Fudge, I missed it!

Together we pray that someone will put it on youtube.

Bigtruck1217
April 11th, 2010, 04:40 PM
it is on youtube already from someone, its just not the best quality

Danny H.
April 11th, 2010, 04:46 PM
Does anyone know the songs that were featured? I remeber hearing
I Will Not Bow- Breaking Benjamin during the semis-finals
and Break- Three Days Grace from Avenger until the commercial

Wright58
April 11th, 2010, 05:34 PM
it is on youtube already from someone, its just not the best quality
Link please? Can't find it.

DaneL
April 11th, 2010, 05:53 PM
I personally was mixed on the presentation. Definitely had more of a promotional aspect to it. And as far as a live presentation...I definitely miss the original days of PPV.

Gravefan
April 11th, 2010, 05:58 PM
All this show is suppose to be is a promo tool. I dont think they are trying to build it up to actual coverage.

Just something to expand the brand of monster jam to a new audience and something to help keep the sponsors happy.

Buckeye
April 11th, 2010, 06:10 PM

Some of the ones I picked out....
Paramore - "Ignorance"
Rise Against - "Savior" and "Audience of One"

Mostly pretty recent modern rock stuff, I knew most the songs but can't think of any other off the top of my head.

Gravefan
April 11th, 2010, 06:13 PM
Oh, they used Alice In Chains - "Check My Brain"

monstermaniac
April 11th, 2010, 06:16 PM
I only saw the freetstyle part :( but I remember hearing:
Is This Real?- Saosin
Savior- Rise Against

71m07hySm17h
April 11th, 2010, 08:01 PM
Actually, there was 4 minutes on pit party and 9 minutes on racing, check your clock dumb***. Tell us please Einstein, how would you fit 2 full days of World Finals action into 45 minutes without it feeling rushed? Come on, tell us...were all waiting for your genius to enlighten us.

Easy scooter. FELD can make their decisions without us telling them what to do. They know what they are doing. They need no 'white knights' to preserve their image on a monster truck board. Go insult some walls or something, but this place doesn't need garbage like that.

jetmonkeyj
April 11th, 2010, 08:04 PM
Actually, there was 4 minutes on pit party and 9 minutes on racing, check your clock dumb***. Tell us please Einstein, how would you fit 2 full days of World Finals action into 45 minutes without it feeling rushed? Come on, tell us...were all waiting for your genius to enlighten us.

http://4gifs.com/gallery/d/73945-8/Dog_cupcake_tease.gif

Everyone's a tough guy behind a keyboard. Wonder if he really knows who he's talking to...

carcrusher
April 11th, 2010, 08:05 PM
hey MJSpeedyMouth - how about you show some respect for one of the few drivers who does choose to stick around here. In case you didn't know - that's Don Frankish, driver of Maniac, and he knows the industry a whole heck of a lot better than you do.

Cale Putnam
April 11th, 2010, 08:10 PM
Fair warning: Keep it about the show and back off the personal attacks...you can disagree with someone without calling them a "dumb***".

Bestmonstertruck
April 11th, 2010, 08:22 PM
Personally, I thought it was a realtively good broadcast. Probably the best one on CBS. And, it was cool to have Mark Schroeder and Scott Douglas hosting as if it were a SPEED Broadcast. :Clap: I really think this is a sign of things to come in the future. Overall, I was really impressed and hope they do more of this.

Jordan Robson
April 11th, 2010, 08:22 PM
Good show, I can't complain. Always cool to see Monsters on TV..

MJSpeedy
April 11th, 2010, 08:25 PM
hey MJSpeedyMouth - how about you show some respect for one of the few drivers who does choose to stick around here. In case you didn't know - that's Don Frankish, driver of Maniac, and he knows the industry a whole heck of a lot better than you do.

That's funny, I wasn't aware that Don Frankish worked in the television industry? Are we not talking about the production value of a tv show here? I dont feel that calling out Don Frankish on his questionable mathematics was slinging garbage. Quite the contrary, I was just trying to stop the flinging of garbage started by "one of the few drivers who does choose to stick around here".........I still really like you guys!

Bestmonstertruck
April 11th, 2010, 08:28 PM
That's funny, I wasn't aware that Don Frankish worked in the television industry? Are we not talking about the production value of a tv show here? I dont feel that calling out Don Frankish on his questionable mathematics was slinging garbage. Quite the contrary, I was just trying to stop the flinging of garbage started by "one of the few drivers who does choose to stick around here".........I still really like you guys!

It wasn't Don, it was mark and Scott in the booth ;).

Muddy
April 11th, 2010, 08:28 PM

You could have done it in WAY less of a ******* way. I know it probably makes you feel better , but it's not needed on the board.

If we can ignore the ignorance that we just had to read, I believe we can all agree that the CBS broadcast was great, and I loved seeing the "Tour" footage.

MJSpeedy
April 11th, 2010, 08:30 PM
You could have done it in WAY less of a ******* tone. I know it probably makes you feel better , but it's not needed on the board.

If we can ignore the ignorance that we just had to read, I believe we can all agree that the CBS broadcast was great, and I loved seeing the "Tour" footage.

You delete 2 of mine and this one gets through??? I'm not sure I still like you guys.

Bestmonstertruck
April 11th, 2010, 08:31 PM
You could have done it in WAY less of a ******* tone. I know it probably makes you feel better , but it's not needed on the board.

Yeah, the tour footage was great. Especially from the smaller arenas like chicago and rosemont. I hope they do more of this around the tour kind of stuff in the future cause it was really cool. I liked how they should the nitro circus backflip as well.

Muddy
April 11th, 2010, 08:32 PM
You delete 2 of mine and this one gets through??? I'm not sure I still like you guys.

I wasn't slandering a driver, nor was I saying anything negative ABOUT you, just what you said.

Let the tears flow, <3

Bestmonstertruck
April 11th, 2010, 08:33 PM
I wasn't slandering a driver, nor was I saying anything negative ABOUT you, just what you said.

Let the tears flow, <3

Why do these things always seem to happen around here :eek: ?

Muddy
April 11th, 2010, 08:34 PM
Yeah, the tour footage was great. Especially from the smaller arenas like chicago and rosemont. I hope they do more of this around the tour kind of stuff in the future cause it was really cool. I liked how they should the nitro circus backflip as well.

I agree...I think they really need to bring more of the "Around The Ushra" back, but Speed hasn't done it in a looong time.

Jordan Robson
April 11th, 2010, 08:37 PM
You guys are my heros.

That is all.

carcrusher
April 11th, 2010, 08:57 PM
Boy I can't wait to see what kind of "friends" you make around here . . . . . .

As far as the "Around the USHRA" segments - I'd guess it has something to do with Speed having all shows done in HD now, and to have that many production crews shooting hd every weekend would be extremely expensive for the sake of a 60 second blurb once a week.

Bestmonstertruck
April 11th, 2010, 09:01 PM
Boy I can't wait to see what kind of "friends" you make around here . . . . . .

As far as the "Around the USHRA" segments - I'd guess it has something to do with Speed having all shows done in HD now, and to have that many production crews shooting hd every weekend would be extremely expensive for the sake of a 60 second blurb once a week.

They did it back in I think 2007?

rns0504
April 11th, 2010, 09:05 PM
They did it back in I think 2007?

Did SPEED shoow everything in HD in 07 though?

carcrusher
April 11th, 2010, 09:07 PM
They did not.

Bestmonstertruck
April 11th, 2010, 09:09 PM
Did SPEED shoow everything in HD in 07 though?

Not what I was referring to, I meant they did a "Around the Ushra" of freestyle back in 2007.

rns0504
April 11th, 2010, 09:09 PM
exactly. rhetorical question, matt. ****. was messing with the new kid

Dave Collard
April 11th, 2010, 09:44 PM
I managed to get my whole household to sit down and watch it tonight. Enjoyable program overall with all the right moments showcased in the time aloted. My only slight complaint was the overuse of the fast forward / slo-mo effect on the yearly around the USHRA. It started to make all the highlights blend together and not pop out as much as they could've IMO. Other then that it was an awesome representation of the Monster Jam brand on Broadcast Television.

Cale Putnam
April 11th, 2010, 10:10 PM
I had a sinus headache going when I watched the show and the "Sped up-slow mo" style was only making it worse. I know what they were trying to do but it made me dizzy.

Overall though, I liked it, and it was 110% great to see the entire winning FS front-to-back. If they were going to show anything, that had to be it and they nailed it.

Bestmonstertruck
April 11th, 2010, 10:14 PM
Kinda felt as if it were a real broadcast of the entire show in a way. :D

WILD WEST
April 11th, 2010, 10:21 PM
The whole monster truck footage was lame. MEGASAURUS stole the show.

Bestmonstertruck
April 11th, 2010, 10:23 PM
The whole monster truck footage was lame. MEGASAURUS stole the show.

:Red bull:

#75race
April 11th, 2010, 10:30 PM
Just caught the broadcast this morning at 9:00 am. Pretty decent coverage. To me, it seemed a little more in-depth than previous CBS broadcasts. I'm still a little skeptical about the Digger encore, but whatever works for MJ I guess. Congrats again to Dennis and Charlie on their titles.

WILD WEST
April 11th, 2010, 10:34 PM
:Big smile:
:Red bull:

Jus Show N Off
April 11th, 2010, 11:46 PM
Haha, it was a show, that's it. That editing crew did as much as they could with the footage they had. Otherwise, I must say - other than Chuckie's huge air, the show was lackluster - and they missed that boat, where was the graphic showing how huge that air was?

Whatever though, they paid for the air time with proper commercials. The game is pretty well defined these days. Crash trucks, sell hot wheels and education on how to fix said crashed trucks...

I can only imagine what kind of show they would put on if they tried to move the sport forward and not more towards demolition derby.

jeb134
April 12th, 2010, 03:03 AM
I thought it was the best CBS broadcast that they've done yet. I liked the coverage throughout the year and all of the camera angles they had this year and few things look more awesome on a huge HDTV than Monster Jam. It was also nice having Mark Schroeder along with Scott Douglass this year, both did an excellent job. I think if anyone was on the fence about going to Las Vegas for the World Finals, after watching this they'd definitely lean towards going. I'll be honest, after the first CBS broadcast, I decided I'd definitely go and I've gone every year since with the Double Down package and had an absolute blast and is the highlight of my year. So, to those of you from Monster Jam that read this board, yes, having the hour long "infomercial" works and is a great way in general to give the brand and its sponsors more exposure. Kudos on a job well done and I look forward to the Speed broadcast and next year's show.

Don
April 12th, 2010, 04:05 AM

I was not slinging garbage in any way. Where do I get my math? With the 7 min. of pre show stuff and the pit party it was 17 min into the show before the racing started. 17 Min that is still double what was used to cover the racing. Then there was another 6 min. for other shows around the world. All I was saying was that there was not much on the track coverage and lots of hype for the sport. Im ok with that as it is great for our sport and my business. So with MY MATH there was 24 min out of about a 50 min. show that could have been used for what it was advertised as Coverage of the world finals. So yes it could have easily been less rushed.
By the way I have had lots to do with the writing, editing and producing dozens of TV and radio ads for monster truck events and other events as well for the past 20 years. It's harder to get everything in in 28 seconds than it is 50 min.
I don?t get your attack as I never even said anything negative about the show. It was exactly what I expected it to be. Good for everyone.
Don

cfphoto
April 12th, 2010, 07:34 AM
I thought this was the best of the CBS shows. It wasn't just a big music video only focused on the crashes. Good Job. To everyone complaining about the shortness of the segments. This was a show that (I bet if you checked FEld paid to put on tv not CBS paying them to show) was designed to sell the upcoming DVD and more important, TICKETS! It was an 1 hr infomercial albeit a very entertaining one. I am all for putting more shows like this on tv to get more business to these shows. More tickets sold= more money spent= bigger sponsers = more money into the sport. Yes they showed alot from the pit party but again look at it from a business ad point of view. Very smart move. It shows the public that there is alot more to offer then just the racing, the drivers are very approachable and everyone leaves happy. To the potential sponsers it shows how they could market to these people, how many people actually show up to the party and how much potential business they could generate. The action footage was just enough to wet your appetite for more and you will buy tickets to see more. Now comes the challenge to all promoters, keep the shows quality up so these new customers don't spend their money and leave dissapointed to never return again. Spending money is hard to come by and if they feel money was wasted going to the show they will not return and the sport suffers.

ARF Man
April 12th, 2010, 05:52 PM
Great show, like you guys have been saying, good coverage and good advertising for the sport. I liked watching the drivers reactions to Charlie's big air. The camera angles were the best I've seen. But...

My only slight complaint was the overuse of the fast forward / slo-mo effect on the yearly around the USHRA
I agree with you on that, kind of made it hard to watch; over all I can't complain.

I have not been watching much MJ but I'm glad to hear them calling themselves a tour and not a series. Much better!

They used them interchangably, they called it a series in the begining. Why do you want them to call it a tour, what's the difference?

Joepotato
April 12th, 2010, 08:13 PM
Series sounds more legitimate IMO. I think that's what he's getting at.

mrbongo79
April 12th, 2010, 08:53 PM
A series is a competition with practice, open qualifying, and eliminations down to a single winner. Monster Jam saying that they are a tour is really motor-sports entertainment, competition that's based more on entertaining than actual competition. But that's monster trucks everywhere today to me at least. I was really disappointed with the show, I did like the pit party segment and the quick recap of monster jam events around the country, even though it was kinda hard to understand who won, unless you know your monster jam drivers and trucks, which would probably leave your average Joe watching the show scratching their heads and shrugging. I agree the racing was just to short and the focus mainly fell onto freestyle. The message I got from the show was this is good family entertainment, come watch your favorite trucks crash! Break in half! Hit each other! Its the circus of thrills! Oh, how far and fast they fall.

Bestmonstertruck
April 12th, 2010, 10:00 PM
A series is a competition with practice, open qualifying, and eliminations down to a single winner. Monster Jam saying that they are a tour is really motor-sports entertainment, competition that's based more on entertaining than actual competition. But that's monster trucks everywhere today to me at least. I was really disappointed with the show, I did like the pit party segment and the quick recap of monster jam events around the country, even though it was kinda hard to understand who won, unless you know your monster jam drivers and trucks, which would probably leave your average Joe watching the show scratching their heads and shrugging. I agree the racing was just to short and the focus mainly fell onto freestyle. The message I got from the show was this is good family entertainment, come watch your favorite trucks crash! Break in half! Hit each other! Its the circus of thrills! Oh, how far and fast they fall.

Yeah, I completly agree. :)

StreetStock88
April 13th, 2010, 01:25 AM
I would just like to say that I HATE that they don't ever repeat this show

chopper
April 13th, 2010, 10:17 AM
The message I got from the show was this is good family entertainment, come watch your favorite trucks crash! Break in half! Hit each other! Its the circus of thrills! Oh, how far and fast they fall.

Bingo-bango Mr. Bongo!! Hit the nail on the head and drove it home with one swing.

There are many "followers" in this industry when it comes to promoters but theres only one leader and thats Monster Jam. Kind of a cross thread of Ringling Bros, WWE and Demo-Derby.

And dare I say, Disney on dirt.

In time a legitimate series will emerge. Although it may take another 20 years to happen. Or Clive can do it in 5 years....We'll see.

ls1monster
April 13th, 2010, 01:22 PM
I wish Monster Jam was on Network TV or at least more "specials". I don't have Cable or dish. Only time I'm able to see MJ is when I visit my parents. So it sure would be nice if this annual CBS special would lead to more MJ on Network tv.

InsanoRacer
April 13th, 2010, 02:16 PM
Or Clive can do it in 5 years....

start holding your breathe kiddies

TL_4x4
April 13th, 2010, 02:31 PM
Lot of folks want Monster Trucks to be more...well, more like Nascar; Of course, Nascar race's aren't run on dirt tracks, running cars over, but, people like to pretend.

monster trucks can turn right:D

Bestmonstertruck
April 13th, 2010, 05:13 PM

They can turn left too :happy:.

Set2Crash16
April 13th, 2010, 05:42 PM
I liked it.... they did a good job. Now only if more events make it to CBS.

It kind of reminded me of a shake battle and roll video with the music and action.

Tommy
April 13th, 2010, 06:45 PM

Apparentally, you don't follow NASCAR or else you would have realized there are 2 road courses which involve:

WELL UH.... Right turns.

Nice try though on trying to be sarcastic and funny... maybe next time you'll succeed. :)

Bestmonstertruck
April 13th, 2010, 06:52 PM
I hope they do more of this in the future. I mean, more of this would get more exposure to monster trucks. The one reason that monster trucks don't get the exposure they do today is because of the lack of shows on telivison that are not just taped and on speed. Take Nascar,drag racing,and even football; they all get exposure more than just an hour taped show. I completly beleive for monster trucks to be more sucsessful they have to be filled with best intentions for better telivision exposure. :yo:

Dustin Hart AM
April 13th, 2010, 07:45 PM
The special was good. Better than years past. I wish it was a little less like an infomercial but if it helps put butts in the seats and eyes on the TV then they have to do what they have to do.

I do think it would be good to get onto a network that isn't competing with every other form of motorsports for airtime. Perhaps that way we could see more consistent airings and quicker turn around times for the shows.

chopper
April 13th, 2010, 08:31 PM

Welp, Jake. I do think that eventually ( in order to continue to market ) that a legitimate race series will evolve as I think the fanbase for true competition would overcome the fanbase for entertainment. IMO there are a couple major changes that would need to take place and yes, quite honestly it is very doubtful these changes would take place.
Teams that run toterhomes ( and there are many ) could no longer license " for private use " and cost/hassles would increase.
Insurance would skyrocket if it were even available and most smaller facilities that are currently used would no longer be deemed safe.

So yea, it is unlikely. But, again IMO, If Clive wanted to I think he could go in that direction and make it work. Though he has shown no signs of doing so.

Should I hold my breath for MLMT? Nah, too many other interest in life to enjoy. I'll give it another 10 years and analize the sports progress over the past 20 years. I am sure the biggest change i'll see in the next 10 years is more **** gray hair on my head.

Does Monster Jam insure themselves or do they have a carrier? I have heard that ( when owned by Live Nation ) that they insured their own shows.

FLA Trk Fan
April 13th, 2010, 08:39 PM
Considering Feld picks the events they tape. Picks the angles and locations from which the taping occurs. Picks what tape makes it into the on air production. hires the commentators for the shows. and Pays the network of their choosing to air the show. I'm going to assume Feld is happy with their infomercial.

chopper
April 13th, 2010, 08:56 PM

Welp, Jake. I do think that eventually ( in order to continue to market ) that a legitimate race series will evolve as I think the fanbase for true competition would overcome the fanbase for entertainment. IMO there are a couple major changes that would need to take place and yes, quite honestly it is very doubtful these changes would take place.
Teams that run toterhomes ( and there are many ) could no longer license " for private use " and cost/hassles would increase.
Insurance would skyrocket if it were even available and most smaller facilities that are currently used would no longer be deemed safe.

So yea, it is unlikely. But, again IMO, If Clive wanted to I think he could go in that direction and make it work. Though he has shown no signs of doing so.

Should I hold my breathe for MLMT? Nah, too many other interest in life to enjoy. I'll give it another 10 years and analize the sports progress over the past 20 years. I am sure the biggest change i'll see in the next 10 years is more **** gray hair on my head.

MonsterCED
April 14th, 2010, 12:06 AM
I hope they do more of this in the future. I mean, more of this would get more exposure to monster trucks. The one reason that monster trucks don't get the exposure they do today is because of the lack of shows on telivison that are not just taped and on speed. Take Nascar,drag racing,and even football; they all get exposure more than just an hour taped show. I completly beleive for monster trucks to be more sucsessful they have to be filled with best intentions for better telivision exposure. :yo:

Perhaps the lack of shows on television for MTs is because of what they do? To me the sport overall is a segmented market, not unlike the other sports it is often compared to. Not saying those sports are not big in there own right but none of them can hold numbers to most professional motor sports with a series for there sport.

I hope we get a series one day soon or I'm going to grow old as one grumpy dude that never got the chance to compete with this sport on a national level in a national open, points series, championship.

chad4208
May 5th, 2010, 08:58 PM
old topic...sorry...

digger encore didnt leave a great taste in my mouth...why? it was the first first WF where they were shutting trucks off for broken wheels and then they stage a mid air collision? sorry id rather have seen dennis restart his scored run. Seems safer to me than a 20,000 pound mid air collision!

Now being I havent even read or watched anything on the finals until tonight, there could have been another reason he couldnt restart... maybe...I dont know... the monsterious crash preceding? but point being, if they are so worried about safety now they aren't going to let trucks run with broken wheels and tie rods...but they stage a mid air collision?

Muddy
May 5th, 2010, 09:31 PM
Oh good, I needed to hear this argument again...

chad4208
May 5th, 2010, 09:33 PM
well ive stayed away for a while, so i havent heard the arguments. I apologize if its been overstated.

Muddy
May 5th, 2010, 11:52 PM
well ive stayed away for a while, so i havent heard the arguments. I apologize if its been overstated.

Trust me when I say they're not worth re-visiting haha. It left a bad taste in a lot of people's mouths, but honestly, I never noticed somebody with your point about trucks being shut off in regular time but allowing the body check after. Interesting indeed...

Carpe Demon
May 6th, 2010, 02:57 PM
I'm pretty sure they planned to get more verticle..... not that it makes a huge difference but what we got and what they planned was completely different, I'm sure. However, I do agree... it makes no sense to end a competition run early for safety... then spotlight display a demolition derby style hit. I too haven't been here for any arguing about it so my apologies thats just my 2 cents.

chad4208
May 6th, 2010, 03:07 PM
Note to FELD...wed much rather see a 3 wheeled scored fs run anyday...I think most people would....
thank you...

no one ever complained about that...

madnessezra
May 6th, 2010, 08:32 PM
:confused:that encore looked very dangerous for ryan! i wouldnt treat my children like that, ouch,,, his truck was drove hard into the ground it didnt even bounce.. he is a lucky boy the chassis bent and broke, and to have walked away. no seat is that good! :confused:

chad4208
May 6th, 2010, 09:46 PM
anybody have a problem with the new part of my sig? I post it here because its relevant...