PDA

View Full Version : What happend to Dennis' Grave Digger street truck(#6)?

Paul curtis
April 26th, 2010, 01:13 PM
Did it get recycled to become the Sonuva Digger mud truck or is it still around or what. I always thought that that thing was a beautiful ride, would hate to know its not around now

BIGFOOTfan25
April 26th, 2010, 01:23 PM
recycled as son ova digger!

debneric
April 26th, 2010, 06:37 PM
If I remember correctly the body is up on blocks and in primer . You can see on the 25th anniversary dvd .

ProTruckChallenge
April 26th, 2010, 07:04 PM
i never really understood the logic behind this. i can understand taking the motor kind of.... but why wreck a show truck to make a mudder? surely with his connections it would have been easier to just build a new mud truck?

wrecker1
April 26th, 2010, 07:44 PM
The remains of the original number 6 as of (Jun. 2009):

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n228/aerodynamite79/IMG_0478.jpg

debneric
April 26th, 2010, 07:48 PM
The remains of the original number 6 as of (Jun. 2009):

http://www.monstermayhem.org/forums/

What does it say on that sign on the side of it ?

debneric
April 26th, 2010, 07:50 PM
i never really understood the logic behind this. i can understand taking the motor kind of.... but why wreck a show truck to make a mudder? surely with his connections it would have been easier to just build a new mud truck?

Just remember rednecks dont always have the best ideas .

CombatMTv2
April 26th, 2010, 08:56 PM
Yes its now the Sonuva Digger mud bogga.

theace27
April 26th, 2010, 10:10 PM
You guys have any pics of Sonuva Digger? That is a crying shame that #6 ended up that way... WOW!!! And why was the paint stripped off of it???

CombatMTv2
April 26th, 2010, 11:01 PM
http://www.dennisandersonsmotorsportspark.com/coppermine/albums/ftp_upload/SonUvaDigger/SUD_031.jpg

Ryders Dad
April 27th, 2010, 11:03 PM
dennis ran it with the panel body on it as a mud truck for a few years before ryan was old enough to drive

RnW 13
April 30th, 2010, 08:05 PM

They didn't want to show anymore, they wanted to GO, and FAAAAAAAAAAAAST!!!:D

gm50cal
April 30th, 2010, 08:09 PM
what is it with dennis/(incert curent MJ owner here) letting old diggers rust out. number 1 is in horrible HORRIBLE shape, 2 is rotting away, 7 was canned, 6 from what i can tell, was stripped of authentic digger paint job, ***???

MAC
April 30th, 2010, 09:40 PM
What happened to #2's chassis? What everybody is calling #2 is on a completely different chassis that it had originally. The body looks like it could be #2's body, but the chassis is not. What happened to #2's chassis?

CIDRA racer
April 30th, 2010, 09:51 PM
it actually is 2's chassis, just HIGHLY modified for a water crossing

MAC
April 30th, 2010, 09:55 PM
They are two completely different sets of frame rails. The old ones look 6 to 8 inches tall and the new ones are maybe 4 inches.

MAC
April 30th, 2010, 10:20 PM
Not wanting to hi-jack with the #2 question, just curious. Sorry.

Paul curtis
April 30th, 2010, 11:10 PM
#2s frame was broken in 2 in 1991, in New York I want to say.
I dont remember if it was with Dennis driving or if it was after 3 was finished with Les in #2. the truck was the rebuilt with the current frame and I believe ran for a short time, then was re-rebuilt for the water crossing, there is a thread about it on here somewhere

DiggerFan
April 30th, 2010, 11:28 PM
#2s frame was broken in 2 in 1991, in New York I want to say.
I dont remember if it was with Dennis driving or if it was after 3 was finished with Les in #2. the truck was the rebuilt with the current frame and I believe ran for a short time, then was re-rebuilt for the water crossing, there is a thread about it on here somewhere

I think the accident you're referring to was Dennis' crash in Canandaigua, NY, in 1990, when he collided with the fence during a race against Bigfoot. That crash put Grave Digger #2 out of action for the remainder of the 1990 TNT Motorsports season.

Paul curtis
April 30th, 2010, 11:33 PM
It could be, but I dont believe so, the event I was thinking about was a USHRA event in 1st Quarter 91(may not have been in NY, but IIRC it was Televised, Concrete Floor, Dark Arena, 8 or so crush cars on each side) and I was pretty confident it was Les driving. that being said, Ive watched so much Monster Tuck stuff from that Era, it could just be a bunch of random memories rolling up into one

RnW 13
May 2nd, 2010, 03:08 PM
I think the accident you're referring to was Dennis' crash in Canandaigua, NY, in 1990, when he collided with the fence during a race against Bigfoot. That crash put Grave Digger #2 out of action for the remainder of the 1990 TNT Motorsports season.

Didn't Les run it in 91?? It was in the same show were Vaters and Fuchs had the dead heat semi finals. First Blood won the event.

gmtgmt
May 2nd, 2010, 03:16 PM
Didn't Les run it in 91?? It was in the same show were Vaters and Fuchs had the dead heat semi finals. First Blood won the event.

thats right USHRA Camel Mud & Monster Series in Landover, maryland 1991

MasterofTame
May 2nd, 2010, 04:04 PM
I know Les ran it at the Pontiac Silverdome during a 1991 Tuff Trax/SuperTrax show in which Snake Bite won it all. It's on youtube.

As for the Digger 7 deal, I understand why it isn't used anymore but I still loved that truck. Digger 3 for that matter too, both trucks could be used by Feld for something, even if they think 7 Diggers are enough.

monsterjamman24
May 2nd, 2010, 04:20 PM
I know Les ran it at the Pontiac Silverdome during a 1991 Tuff Trax/SuperTrax show in which Snake Bite won it all. It's on youtube.

As for the Digger 7 deal, I understand why it isn't used anymore but I still loved that truck. Digger 3 for that matter too, both trucks could be used by Feld for something, even if they think 7 Diggers are enough.

could have been full time show trucks

carcrusher
May 2nd, 2010, 04:42 PM

that show was early in '92.

debneric
October 25th, 2010, 08:32 PM
After many miles and hours, it's in the front driveway and it's ours! :D Eric did some light sanding and what a treasure it is. Some of the original art work was found. Can't wait to sand on the other side. We have a chassis and it's under the body ready for fastening. Will attach some pics.

steve
October 25th, 2010, 08:51 PM
that is awesome!

modeltruckshop
October 25th, 2010, 10:30 PM
Good luck, glad you guys saved that 1. Steve

SegaJeep
October 27th, 2010, 07:27 PM
I would guess now that someone other than Mr. Anderson is in control of the Digger name, they wanted it off the street. Just Speculating. Seems very convenient that His new Mud Racer isn't a 'Grave Digger'....

carcrusher
October 27th, 2010, 08:29 PM
Dennis is still tied to the truck until he's either 94 or dies - whichever comes first. I'm not sure how much of a say he has in things, but he does have some say.

debneric
October 28th, 2010, 08:59 AM
I would guess now that someone other than Mr. Anderson is in control of the Digger name, they wanted it off the street. Just Speculating. Seems very convenient that His new Mud Racer isn't a 'Grave Digger'....

Last time the truck was registered for the road was 2000. Dennis took the original hood off and spray painted over the artwork and used the truck to mud bog. By the condition of the truck, it has been sitting for a while. The frame is currently under "Son uva Digger".

bigmel101197
October 31st, 2010, 09:44 PM
How were you able to buy the body?

carcrusher
October 31st, 2010, 09:49 PM
he got it at Dennis's yard sale.

bigmel101197
October 31st, 2010, 11:29 PM
How long ago was that? How can you find out about another sale?

rns0504
November 1st, 2010, 12:00 AM
mid september. i didnt go but they were hanging out flyers for it at his mud bog that i went up to the week before

debneric
November 10th, 2010, 02:48 PM
How long ago was that? How can you find out about another sale?

I believe there is only one sale per year. This was his 2nd annual. It was listed on Digger's Dungeon.

Eric finished snading the truck. Here are a few more pics.

Cale Putnam
November 10th, 2010, 06:02 PM
You gotta get that Jeepzilla decal off of there, what's underneath applies so well to this truck: Old Grave Diggers never die, they just bury the competition!

SegaJeep
November 29th, 2010, 02:45 AM
Is there a stipulation stating you can't run the original art,say, in a rat rod style or do you have to cover it due to some trademark BS?

debneric
November 29th, 2010, 11:32 AM
As far as Im concerned I could do the rat rod thing because that paint was on there when we bought it . I did ask dennis if we could redo the paint job as it was and he said probably not .Im not sure what we are going to do with it yet so anyones input would be appreciated . maybe I should start a thread on it .

nitroraptor2
January 20th, 2011, 07:21 PM
that truck looks cool the way it is but I dont think they could do much if you touched up the paint already there and maybe filled in some of the gaps well you were at it

madnessezra
January 20th, 2011, 08:00 PM
What happened to #2's chassis? What everybody is calling #2 is on a completely different chassis that it had originally. The body looks like it could be #2's body, but the chassis is not. What happened to #2's chassis?

Not sure about #2 chassis, but i believe in its current state leftover from water crossing it is considered #5. i could be comnpletely wrong though.

Paul curtis
January 20th, 2011, 08:59 PM
the orig. Grave Digger 2 chassis was completely broke in late 1990, and was replaced/rebuilt and the truck was driven by Les Anderson in 91, then was taken down to the frame rails and rebuilt again to do the river crossing and then was parked, the body is all that remains of the orig. Grave Digger 2.

the truck referred to as Grave Digger 5, depending on who you talk to, is either the leaf sprung truck Jack Koberna built, or the truck that started off as Jus Showin Off 2/Purina Mainstay, and is now The Diesel Monster Truck

carcrusher
January 20th, 2011, 10:42 PM
There is also a reference of a Grave Digger 5 in the August '91 issue of Racing for Kids Magazine, which is way before Pablo and his chassis were affiliated with the Digger team. The article also references Digger 4 as the leafer (Koberna's truck) which is chronologically correct. This re-affirms my theory that the rebuilt Digger 2 is actually what was referred to originally as Digger 5, which also falls correctly into the chronology of Digger history. It was rebuilt during the '92 season, which was after Koberna's truck (#4) was built and before Pablo became affiliated with Dennis (in '93, after 6, 7 and 8 were built).

Paul curtis
January 20th, 2011, 11:10 PM
but, if you go look @ the Mr Bad truck, former Grave Digger, it is signed and coated over as Grave Digger #5, so.... who knows, not really the point of this thread.....

carcrusher
January 20th, 2011, 11:27 PM
Yeah, Dennis doesn't exactly have the most accurate memory either lol - I'm much more likely to believe a factual article that was printed at the time of when the events were actually happening.

Ridge Runner
January 22nd, 2011, 03:20 PM
Doesn't the Domination video refer to the display truck inside diggers dungon as #5 ?

AMPMROCKETFANN
January 28th, 2011, 10:23 AM
but, if you go look @ the Mr Bad truck, former Grave Digger, it is signed and coated over as Grave Digger #5, so.... who knows, not really the point of this thread.....

correct, Mr.Bad is an ex-grave Digger truck however since #4 was the leafer, Mr. Bad is Digger 4 IMO