PDA

View Full Version : Site Related Looking for team of individuals

Steven
October 6th, 2011, 08:36 AM
As we all know MonsterMayhem is for al intense and purposes a massive wealth of knowledge not only in its posts but the fans as well.

I know there has been a huge interest the last few months in trying to figure out all the old school trucks and the history as they have changed hands and locations.

What I would like to do/propose is have a crew of you start building a Wiki (software is already installed) and chronological the trucks to the best of your abilities.

By doing this we not only preserve the history but also make it very easy to see each truck's past instead of searching through dozens of posts.

Any takers?

chryco63
October 6th, 2011, 08:57 AM
Need to think about it a bit more, but I'm possibly interested. Do you have a time frame for when you'd like to see certain work finished, or is it pretty much up to the individual, at their pace?

Although I'm not a huge wealth of knowledge, I like digging, and I certainly like the old schoolers.

Paul curtis
October 6th, 2011, 10:11 AM
I would be interested in helping with this, but as with most people time is a big consideration, as I have a full-time job, and stuff outside of work, plus crewing when I can....
I've got a relatively vast knowledge of monster truck history, and a few contacts in my area for some of the local lesser known trucks....

Steven
October 6th, 2011, 11:20 AM
Absolutly zero time constraints and the amount of time you can contribute is up to your schedule or desire to help out. I am just hoping in given time we will have something that is a bit easier to read and search. Maybe even at some point we can donate the information to the museum to share with those that don't know about us yet..

I'll be moving users who are helping to a new user group so they have full permissions within the Wiki. I am sure as with myself there will also be a learning curve with the Wiki.

I am guessing the best bet a the moment is to build a truck listing off of the current picture gallery list? I can make this so it is like a book with a table of contents and each truck being sort of like a chapter. Is that a format we want to follow?

If anyone has any ideas or thoughts please feel free to let me know...

Paul curtis
October 6th, 2011, 11:46 AM
I was thinking more along the lines of an index,
maybe alittle background info section that mentions stuff like the growing popularity of offroad culture in the 70s and before, the connection between pulling and mud racing and monsters, then pick up first monster argument, then a list of time frames, like 79-82 83-85 85-87 then 88-90 and so on.
Try to narrow down trucks by when they were built, with a blurb for each truck.....

That sounded a whole lot simpler in my head than it reads on here.....

isonater911
October 6th, 2011, 01:16 PM
Yea I am like Glen and Paul..sounds like a cool idea, but I have to see what sorta extra time I have between photography, the old school trucks, team strait jacket, and family. But put me down for sure as a maybe, because I am all for helping preserve the history of monster truck..(like you haven't known that all ready lol) just gotta see how many eggs I can fit in my basket..

MCMsports
October 6th, 2011, 04:57 PM
mmmmm dont we have tafts webpage ? ? ?