PDA

View Full Version : Truck Related Sean Duhon in Superman

Jason Twite
November 16th, 2011, 03:02 PM
Maybe this was brought up in the 2012 Pairings thread, but I just noticed this in the lineup for Grand Rapids, MI Thunder Nationals
USHRA Monster Trucks including Grave Digger® driven by Charlie Pauken, Advance Auto Parts Grinder℠ driven by Frank Krmel, Superman driven by Sean Duhon, Lil Miss Dangerous is High Maintenance driven by Jocelyn Perrin, Bad News Travels Fast, and Full Boar driven by Ed Eckert!

Knew Duhon couldn't stay retired forever ;)

RyanRoberts
November 16th, 2011, 03:11 PM
Not a Chad Fortune hater by any means, but for some reason it's just good to see the Superman ride get a fresh start.

MasterofTame
November 16th, 2011, 03:18 PM
This is good news, I think Sean will be a good fit. Hopefully he will do some stadium shows this year.

CaptainAwesomeJr
November 16th, 2011, 03:51 PM
Perfect fit!

gmrcs
November 16th, 2011, 04:33 PM
I wonder if he will get chad's old chassis? He can definitely do well in that equipment and maybe after 6 years the truck will finally become more than a feild-filler. Though for me I feel a little bit disheartened to see another great Indy driver snapped up by Feld, I nonetheless am looking forward to his return.

CycloneTimeTV
November 16th, 2011, 05:01 PM
To be quite honest, I'm glad Superman is getting a fresh start. As it's been said, Superman has become just another truck or just a field-filler. Chad Fortune had been driving for so long I'm surprised he didn't really improve on his driving skills. He really did better in Power Forward. Sean Duhon is a perfect fit for Superman just for the main fact that it's in dire need of a replacement.

------------------------------------------------
2012 First Quarter Schedule::
Trenton, NJ - AAP MONSTER JAM - January 6th-7th
East Rutherford, NJ - AAP MONSTER JAM - February 3rd-4th
Bridgeport, CT - AAP MONSTER JAM - March 2nd-4th*

isonater911
November 16th, 2011, 05:42 PM
Sean and I are friends so I may be partial to him, but Sean has always been a good consistant driver, who can flirt with disaster without crossing the line. I am looking forward to some solid freestyles with the truck staying on all 4's the whole run, and some racing wins. Sean, congrats buddy, I am proud of ya. I will give you a shout in a few weeks to get your schedule. Kick some tail!

CycloneTimeTV
November 16th, 2011, 05:53 PM
Sorry if I'm going off-topic hear, but on MJOnline.com, it says Chad Fortune will drive Captain America, Alex Blackwell will drive Wolverine, and Becky McDonough will drive El Toro Loco. What??

Chad Fortune in Captain America::
http://www.monsterjam.com/Bios/Drivers/Chad_Fortune/

Becky McDonough in El Toro Loco::
http://www.monsterjam.com/Bios/Drivers/Becky_McDonough/

Alex Blackwell in Wolverine::
http://www.monsterjam.com/Bios/Drivers/Alex_Blackwell/

It also says that Bari Musawwir will drive Superman, but that's a typo. He'll definitely be driving Spider-Man::
http://www.monsterjam.com/Bios/Drivers/Bari_Musawwir/

Wildcat
November 16th, 2011, 06:13 PM
Sorry if I'm going off-topic hear, but on MJOnline.com, it says Chad Fortune will drive Captain America, Alex Blackwell will drive Wolverine, and Becky McDonough will drive El Toro Loco. What??

Chad Fortune in Captain America::
http://www.monsterjam.com/Bios/Drivers/Chad_Fortune/

Becky McDonough in El Toro Loco::
http://www.monsterjam.com/Bios/Drivers/Becky_McDonough/

Alex Blackwell in Wolverine::
http://www.monsterjam.com/Bios/Drivers/Alex_Blackwell/

It also says that Bari Musawwir will drive Superman, but that's a typo. He'll definitely be driving Spider-Man::
http://www.monsterjam.com/Bios/Drivers/Bari_Musawwir/

Seeing Alex in something other than Captain's Curse would be different if that ends up happening. I like when drivers can develop an identity with one truck instead of constantly switching rides. Also, if Becky's bio is true, then I sure hope that Dragon's Breath isn't finished because it's one of the most amazing looking trucks in the industry. The truck page still lists her as the driver, so I'm hoping the El Toro thing is just a typo.

EDIT: The truck page for El Toro still says Lupe is one of the drivers, so I can't go by that. If Dragon's Breath got replaced by yet another El Toro body, that's really unfortunate.

jetmonkeyj
November 16th, 2011, 06:28 PM
And Feld's driver musical chairs continues! They make it hard for the die-hards to keep track of who's driving what let alone the average fans...

Dominator92
November 16th, 2011, 06:30 PM
so hotwheels turned into superman?

RebelReaper
November 16th, 2011, 07:02 PM
It's confirmed Sean Duhon will be in Superman. I am suspecting a typo by FELD on that one.

Bodacious
November 16th, 2011, 07:50 PM
so hotwheels turned into superman?
If you look on a previous thread. I posted a line up for the Grand Rapids, Mi show. It had Superman and Hotwheels on it. But there is usually seven trucks at that show when I have went to that show.

Danny H.
November 16th, 2011, 08:06 PM
Nice to see Sean back in a ride!

Also, am I the only one that notices a connection between SIR drivers and DC trucks?

John Seasock=Batman
Sean Duhon=Superman

What's next? Jon Zimmer in Green Lantern? :p

FLA Trk Fan
November 16th, 2011, 08:31 PM
I wonder if he will get chad's old chassis? He can definitely do well in that equipment and maybe after 6 years the truck will finally become more than a feild-filler. Though for me I feel a little bit disheartened to see another great Indy driver snapped up by Feld, I nonetheless am looking forward to his return.

Being that Chad Fortune is a Feld employee. Ever consider that the reason he hasn't "improved" in 6 years might be because he is doing exactly what his employer ask of him?

southern excitement
November 16th, 2011, 09:26 PM
hahahahahaha Duhon in Superman! you guys have no idea how cool this is. I spent almost a year with Sean as his teammate in Sudden impact and he is one of the biggest superman fans. (the real one not the truck) There is just a few issues I see with this tho................ Chad Fortune , Clark Kent 6'5" or bigger........ Sean Duhon 5' nothing ok ok 5' 6" maybe, his cape is going to drag the ground alot... and for those of you that know Sean personally you know he is scared of heights. SO how is he going to climb out on the roof an do "the pose"? its to high for him. lololololol

I done called Sean and ask him about this and all I can say about his answer is *#%@#*% haha

I am real proud of Sean for getting this oppertuntiy he is an awesome driver and a great friend I look forward to seeing him back in the driver seat.

isonater911
November 16th, 2011, 09:33 PM
hahahahahaha Duhon in Superman! you guys have no idea how cool this is. I spent almost a year with Sean as his teammate in Sudden impact and he is one of the biggest superman fans. (the real one not the truck) There is just a few issues I see with this tho................ Chad Fortune , Clark Kent 6'5" or bigger........ Sean Duhon 5' nothing ok ok 5' 6" maybe, his cape is going to drag the ground alot... and for those of you that know Sean personally you know he is scared of heights. SO how is he going to climb out on the roof an do "the pose"? its to high for him. lololololol

I done called Sean and ask him about this and all I can say about his answer is *#%@#*% haha

I am real proud of Sean for getting this oppertuntiy he is an awesome driver and a great friend I look forward to seeing him back in the driver seat.

LOL Kevin, but try to see Fortune frog hop up on a tire like Duhon does...

MichiganMonstersElliott
November 16th, 2011, 10:02 PM
Congrats to Duhon. See u on the road.

cyclone
November 16th, 2011, 10:28 PM
Being that Chad Fortune is a Feld employee. Ever consider that the reason he hasn't "improved" in 6 years might be because he is doing exactly what his employer ask of him?

Couldn't of said that any better!!!!!!

Excaliber_fan
November 17th, 2011, 08:50 AM
So I guess now I have to change my name to Superman_Fan?? or Lois ???:p

Excaliber_fan
November 17th, 2011, 08:57 AM

Sean is 5'7" thank you,,,,,and his cape does not drag the ground,,,we had one special made for him a log time ago,,,,,lol

SRDuhon
December 7th, 2011, 11:39 PM
Hey everybody, sorry i havent responded sooner i know its been a couple weeks but im up in Boston working. i wanna thank everybody for the well wishes, phone calls , and text about me coming back. Im really excited and look forward to getting back out there and making that truck faster than a speeding bullet! lol. To everybody that ive made friends with in the past come back and say hi lets catch up an to the newbies come introduce yourself itll be fun trust me.
Thanks again everybody i look forward to seeing yall soon
Sean R Duhon

Outlaw
December 8th, 2011, 02:18 AM
congrats though I am not a fan of the actual truck

stormrider_67
December 8th, 2011, 08:36 AM
congrats though I am not a fan of the actual truck

Can't anyone just be excited for once? Oh wait.... its Mayhem.

Sean its awesome to see you back in the seat! Saw you in Toronto with Cult Energy Activator and enjoying chatting with you. He even went out of the way to get me and my brother some cans of Cult! Guys like that don't stay away for long, and its fantastic to hear hes back in the seat, let alone in a great ride like Superman. All the best in 2012!

Outlaw
December 8th, 2011, 05:07 PM
excited? for someone that has busted his *** in the industry? ya I am excited, just not about the truck. I am sure he will do a fantastic job in it, its just I would have rather seen him in a non "persona" truck.

bigyoda
December 8th, 2011, 07:51 PM
Congrats on the new ride. Can't wait to see you tear it up.