PDA

View Full Version : Potential new Eradicator scheme?

Danny H.
July 5th, 2012, 11:22 AM
I was looking at the new 1:24 Eradicator that looks like this:

http://www.monstermayhem.org/forums/images/imported/2012/07/7.jpg

It's similar to the design in the yearbook except white, yet the current scheme is this:

http://www.monstermayhem.org/forums/images/imported/2012/07/60.jpg

Does anyone know if Andy has any current plans to go to this new scheme?

tazfan17
July 5th, 2012, 11:37 AM
wow, i love that white! That would be a great new look for Andy

jetmonkeyj
July 5th, 2012, 12:04 PM
I hope not. I love Andy's current scheme. Has a real 1990's Moving Violation vibe going on.

If anything a return to the Durango body would be kinda cool.

tazfan17
July 5th, 2012, 12:16 PM
If anything a return to the Durango body would be kinda cool.

yeah that would be awesome, one of my favorite schemes on a monster truck

monstermaniac
July 5th, 2012, 12:41 PM
I love the scheme right now, but that white one is pretty neat looking as well. Whatever he does, that truck always looks sharp, so it doesn't matter to me!

Golden
July 5th, 2012, 01:51 PM
Really always liked what Andy has done with his schemes over the years. As for the hot wheels one, I like everything but the way the name looks.

RyanRoberts
July 5th, 2012, 03:22 PM
I like it! sort of a throwback to the original white eradicator.

DanDeFalco
July 5th, 2012, 11:11 PM
im liking the current scheme, not normally a huge fan of what hot wheels comes up with for most of their stuff.

Michael DesRoches
July 6th, 2012, 02:19 AM
I'm not a fan of the scheme. The white just doesn't fit with me.

wrecker1
July 6th, 2012, 12:33 PM
I've seen that toy in stores. My take: it certainly isn't a bad scheme by any means. Though I admit I'm not digging the white. Either way, if it was to run it wouldn't be horrible by any means.

MonkeyDad
July 6th, 2012, 12:42 PM
Why would HW produce a truck with a look that doesn't exist?

I know they've dome it several times before, like with Arachnophobia red, spider-on-roof look, Backdraft with flames and others, but why? Licensing/permission issue with Andy? Contract for current deal with him expired and not renewed?

Just make accurate trucks, Hot Wheels.

Did Andy send them this before he changes to it?

So now HW makes both Slifko trucks wrong.

Danny H.
July 6th, 2012, 01:19 PM
Why would HW produce a truck with a look that doesn't exist?

I know they've dome it several times before, like with Arachnophobia red, spider-on-roof look, Backdraft with flames and others, but why? Licensing/permission issue with Andy? Contract for current deal with him expired and not renewed?

Just make accurate trucks, Hot Wheels.

Did Andy send them this before he changes to it?

So now HW makes both Slifko trucks wrong.

1. They have a new Backdraft and it's an accurate scheme

2. Hot Wheels have a reputation with schemes before they even debuted.

Current Thrasher scheme
Current Gunslinger scheme
Pouncer
Current Bad News scheme
Superman
Taz
Batman
Dragon's Breath

Need I continue?

Avengerfan24
July 7th, 2012, 01:50 PM
I got the white truck I like it I would like to see it on the real truck.

monstermaniac
July 7th, 2012, 03:45 PM
If I remember correctly, Hot Wheels designed the paint job on Mark Schroeder's Devastator in 2004 also.

gm50cal
July 9th, 2012, 12:30 AM
im not a fan of the HW designs for the simple fact they end up as wraps on trucks and the old schooler in me loves real paint..

gmrcs
July 9th, 2012, 03:43 PM
If I'm not mistaken, that hotwheels scheme is in the current MJ yearbook for Eradicator, just with a black background color instead of white. My guess is this is a hotwheels designed scheme that will probably show up on the real truck around next year.

jktremor81
July 9th, 2012, 04:55 PM
I like the new scheme if indeed Andy does use it. As for one of the earlier posts the truck is infact a durango body. i believe it's a late 90's or early to mid 2000's body style. As for actually painting a truck I agree that it was an eye opener whenever you went to an event and got to see all the detail that went into the paint job but, you gotta remember with the excessive amount of suspention travel and the way a truck lands or in the event of a roll over, it's a far cry easier to put a vinyl wrap on the body pieces to allow for a quick change if need be. Plus you can be just as creative with the design and make the art a lot more crisp and clean with the vinyl. Just my take on the whole thing.