PDA

View Full Version : AMP events on TV?

chad4208
July 23rd, 2007, 03:22 PM
PRESS RELEASES & NEWS ARTICLES
AMP TOUR Thunder Slam Readying for 50 City Tour of Carnage
July 20th, 2007 12:01 AM PST

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Scottsdale, AZ. (July 21st, 2007) - It may only be the end of July, but the AMP Live Events staff have been preparing for one **** of a car crushing, destruction churning, headache induced AMP TOUR Thunder Slam series sure to have monster truck fans preparing for mayhem and carnage in a city near you during our 50 city tour, kicking off now and well into 2008.

We are not going to let the cat out of the bag just yet, but we are happy to announce plans for taking the AMP TOUR Thunder Slam events across world and hopefully to a city near you.

Our AMP TOUR Thunder Slam events will be filmed for a new television series that will air in the future. If you arenít able to see our events in person, youíll be able to watch the monsters fly 30+ feet into the air as they crush and dismantle cars, vans, busses, and did we mention airplanes, boats, and maybe even an abandoned train car or two?

Monster trucks that will be featured at our events include Bigfoot, the King of them all, Raminator, Rammunition, Getíer Done, Equalizer, Hot Tamale, Barbarian, McGruff, and more. Who thought 10,000 pounds of steel, mixed with 2,000+ horsepower under the hood, could cause so much ear popping action as monster trucks battle it out at the AMP TOUR Thunder Slam in 2008.

2008 will be our largest season yet, with the biggest and baddest monster trucks to compete at our events, while also filling in with the most insane jaw-dropping acts including freestyle motocross, jet car meltdowns, the globe of death, and more. Weíre about to AMP It Up a notch, think youíre ready?

AMP TOUR d/b/a AMP Live Events is a national event promotion company that produces over 100 shows in over forty markets each year. AMP TOURís main emphasis is bringing the highest quality of family entertainment at an affordable cost. AMP TOUR specializes in Monster Truck, Freestyle Motocross, Extreme Bull Riding, and other thrill seeking attractions. For more information on AMP TOUR (AMP Live Events) visit http://www.AMPLiveEvents.com.

71m07hySm17h
July 23rd, 2007, 03:56 PM
Score!!!!

Thunder Chicken
July 23rd, 2007, 04:11 PM
AMP has a ton of potential but right now I think they're mostly hype and little substance. I wish 'em all the best and all, but I'll believe the hype when they actually live up to it.

chad4208
July 23rd, 2007, 04:22 PM
they need to update event info....so people actually knwo about it...but i think weve discussed things like that before on here...

kpayne89
July 23rd, 2007, 04:47 PM
i wonder if its just smaller arenas or they might goto big places and stadiums?? Id love to see them at the RCA Dome :D:D:D

Jason Twite
July 23rd, 2007, 05:05 PM
AMP has merged with another promotor to team up with the potential of nearly 100 events in 2008. This information comes directly from a former AMP employee.

RyanRoberts
July 23rd, 2007, 05:06 PM
Outlaw Monster truck Spectacular must be the other promotor

monstermaniac
July 23rd, 2007, 06:22 PM
AWSOME!!!!!!!This is gonna be great...hopefully they can walk the walk though and not just talk the talk this time though...

goleafsgo
July 23rd, 2007, 08:34 PM
I just hope if they have 100 shows or w/e ....some come to Canada :D

or atleast if it's on t.v. it's on a channel most people have..or could get.

CRASH'NBURN
July 23rd, 2007, 09:12 PM
Okay here's the deal. If the other promoter is Steve Quercio Outlaw Monster Trucks Spectacular who is teaming up with Amp you are dealing with a guy who knows what he is doing becuase he has 30 years in this business.
I have been to some Amp shows and alot of Outlaw Monster Trucks Shows and they were awesome.

Lets look at what things there will be coming to us.
There will be lots more shows with great trucks like Bounty Hunter, Iron Outlaw, Nasty Boy, Unnamed & Untamed, Natural High, Viper, McGruff and many ,,many more. And they will deliver the best enteratinment around, guarrented.

Also all the Amp shows have been awesome, they ahd just got off to a rocky start. All the people at AMP are all a good group of people there.

Feel free to pm me or email me if you would like more info.

RyanRoberts
July 23rd, 2007, 09:15 PM
only reason why i put that it must be Outlaw is simply put because they have a show in denver next weekend and so does amp ... and with what Jason said it makes perfect sense.. just to let you know.. yea they did get off to a rocky start but it seems like everyshow since then has been awesome :D

CRASH'NBURN
July 23rd, 2007, 09:21 PM
I just hope if they have 100 shows or w/e ....some come to Canada :D

or atleast if it's on t.v. it's on a channel most people have..or could get.

You might count on it.

MonsterStyleCom
July 24th, 2007, 02:05 AM
I've spoken with both Quercio and Hart, and I gotta say, they have a lot planned. With Quercio being in the business for years and years and, well, years, he brings a lot of know-how and knowledge. With Hart, you have someone who is determined to make his company successful, and uhm, well, within a period of 1-year they have more sponsors then every other promoter out there COMBINED (Minus Live Nation)...

NOT BAD if ya ask me!

RyanRoberts
July 24th, 2007, 02:18 AM
i think they are going to be Live Nation's top competitor if all goes as planned.which i hope it does

Pablog32
July 24th, 2007, 02:28 AM
im not complaining at all.
i just find this pairing of promotors odd.
especially after the words Quercio had to say about the big AMP show in AZ .

CRASH'NBURN
July 24th, 2007, 11:55 AM
im not complaining at all.
i just find this pairing of promotors odd.
especially after the words Quercio had to say about the big AMP show in AZ .

Quercio has always liked them.
But this partnership will bring great things.

Pablog32
July 24th, 2007, 04:38 PM
will the scheduled shows be mostly on the west coast? east coast? even balance?

monstermaniac
July 24th, 2007, 05:31 PM
I hope they come around here...I've never seen one in person before.