VAMONSTERNUT
November 28th, 2007, 12:26 PM
Dan Patrick's Coors Funny Car 2WD Funny Car
Orange Blossom Special 2WD
Gene Fanny's Gone Awol 4x4
Black Gold 4x4

AvengerFan86
November 28th, 2007, 12:43 PM
Green Monster 2, Avenger Funny car, The Boss, Lil Red Wagon, OSB Wheelie truck, Motown, Ol Yeller, Wildfire, Hellstar, Chi Town Hustler and The Virginian.

green monster man
November 28th, 2007, 12:44 PM
i like the green monster funny car and the dragonlady tractor. i thogh that the green monster funny car had one of the best looking paint jobs

theace27
November 28th, 2007, 12:49 PM
Gonna have to say Psycho, Bill "Maverick" Golden's Little Red Wagon, Orange Blossom Special, Black Gold, Warlord..... this list could go on an on!!!!

Brandon Clark
November 28th, 2007, 12:53 PM
Anything that Allen Gaines drove. All his Orange Blossom Special trucks looked great, especially the exhibition wheelie truck. Midnight Express was a great looking truck too.

and you can't forget the Budweiser Boss.

green monster man
November 28th, 2007, 01:02 PM
hey AvengerFan86 what dose the green monster 2 tractor and hellstar look like

VAMONSTERNUT
November 28th, 2007, 01:28 PM
There was Tell Star the 2WD Blown S-10 Blazer
The Rock & Roar Aerostar 2WD was neat to

Been going to pulls and monster truck shows since 4years old and producing them as well as competing in them now with a PRO-STREET 4X4 hope to be in NTPA 4WD soon.

I don't remember the Green Monster Funny Car.

MonsterTruckLuvin
November 28th, 2007, 01:31 PM
Anything that Allen Gaines drove. All his Orange Blossom Special trucks looked great, especially the exhibition wheelie truck. Midnight Express was a great looking truck too.

and you can't forget the Budweiser Boss.

Exactly what I was going to say.

green monster man
November 28th, 2007, 01:31 PM
it was a camro with a t53 jeyt motor and it was prity

green monster man
November 28th, 2007, 01:44 PM
go to webshots there is a photo of the green monster funny car and of the chi town hustler

BiteMeStudios
November 28th, 2007, 02:29 PM
Tractors: Bionic Buzzard, Rambunctious, Green Monster, Mission Impossible

4WD Trucks: The Virginian, Motown Missile

2WD Trucks: Rice Burner, Rock N Roar, TellStar, Psycho

Specialty Trucks: Orange Blossom Special, Budweiser Boss, Jack Rabbit, Green Monster (funny car)

If I think of more, I will add them.

jwstrand
November 28th, 2007, 03:22 PM
Meister Brau.

They even made a model kit of it.

green monster man
November 28th, 2007, 03:30 PM
i wish there was a modle of the green monster funy car

72ZEBRA
November 28th, 2007, 03:44 PM
Meister Brau.

That Meister Brau puller was awesome! I was a huge fan of all the specailty pullers. I think anyone on this board who has never been to a pull would be shocked at just how much time is put into these top trucks. They not only are top pullers in thier classes but they are unbelievable pieces of art. Most would win any car show they entered in. Then and now.

O/T Why dont we see the big Arias and Rodeck as much anymore?

BiteMeStudios
November 28th, 2007, 03:56 PM
That Meister Brau puller was awesome! I was a huge fan of all the specailty pullers. I think anyone on this board who has never been to a pull would be shocked at just how much time is put into these top trucks. They not only are top pullers in thier classes but they are unbelievable pieces of art. Most would win any car show they entered in. Then and now.

O/T Why dont we see the big Arias and Rodeck as much anymore?

And they remain that way. In exactly the same way the old school monster trucks were works of art, these machines are as well.

green monster man
November 28th, 2007, 04:04 PM
its sad that there are no more funny car pullers around

TNTfan
November 28th, 2007, 04:26 PM
Best looking 2WD trucks were the Inlaws & Outlaws trucks of Jim Brockmann, Magnum Jr of Butch Shultz, & Midnight Express of Ken Lamont. Mod tractors would have to be Steve Jaske's Blazing Bison w/ 3-Arias, Stampede of Steve Reynolds, and Tim Engler's Mission Impossible. 4WD trucks, Killer 2 of Charlie Lowe, Outlaw of Russell Deforest, and Yellow Fever of Pam Bauman. All the SRO funny cars were cool! Red Baron- later the Coors vette, Tennessee Thunder, Green Monster, Chi Town Hustler, Avenger, Warlord, Virginian, Hart Attack, Nitro Express. Dragsters were also cool- Warlord, Busch Beer, Canned Heat, etc.

BiteMeStudios
November 28th, 2007, 04:35 PM
Best looking 2WD trucks were the Inlaws & Outlaws trucks of Jim Brockmann, Magnum Jr of Butch Shultz, & Midnight Express of Ken Lamont. Mod tractors would have to be Steve Jaske's Blazing Bison w/ 3-Arias, Stampede of Steve Reynolds, and Tim Engler's Mission Impossible. 4WD trucks, Killer 2 of Charlie Lowe, Outlaw of Russell Deforest, and Yellow Fever of Pam Bauman. All the SRO funny cars were cool! Red Baron- later the Coors vette, Tennessee Thunder, Green Monster, Chi Town Hustler, Avenger, Warlord, Virginian, Hart Attack, Nitro Express. Dragsters were also cool- Warlord, Busch Beer, Canned Heat, etc.

I forgot about Magnum Jr...That truck was amazing!

green monster man
November 28th, 2007, 04:39 PM
post some photos of the hart attack funny car

RnW 13
November 28th, 2007, 05:27 PM
Allen Gaines Orange Blossom Special
Dan Patricks War Lord
Mike Hollingsworths Tennesee Thunder
Art Arfons Green Monster Jet Puller
Diehl Wilsons Virginian 4x4 Puller
Oklahoma Warrior
Jack Wilmans Taurus(if you seen that home video you'll know why I said that.)

And the Dragon Lady, but I think I liked it cuz I liked Dusty Arfons:D

green monster man
November 28th, 2007, 05:39 PM
hey 72ZEBRA can you post some photos of the green monster and dragonlady

Rich Schaefer
November 28th, 2007, 07:06 PM
Guess I have to jump in on this one. There's some really great mentions in this this thread. I wouldn't disagree with any of them. But to add a few more...

Bruce Hutcherson's Carhartt sponsored Makin' Bacon Special.
Dan Walsh's F150 Irish Challenger
John Hileman's Levi Garrett Ford Thunderbird

A whole bunch of 4x4's. But to name a few...

Donnie Sander's Tennessean
Gary Sellin's Wildfire
DeWayne Baethge's STP Puller
Glen Davis and the SPARKLE / Green Machine

Really reaching back here, but out of the Cinci area there was a 2WD Chevy truck owned by Foster Covert called "The New Kid In Town." Chopped top. Hardwood flatbed. Blue tinted windows. It was cool back then.

green monster man
November 28th, 2007, 07:13 PM
i hope somebody has a warlord photo the could post on here

north star
November 28th, 2007, 07:15 PM
haha the 80's i was born in 88 so i have nooooooooooooooo clue =)

Fantruck3
November 28th, 2007, 10:14 PM
I always thought that the Driller 2wd and mod from Leo Kay was the perfect mix of power and beauty. In the USHRA, there was no equal in the 4wd class to the Motown Missile. It is still the only pink truck that look amazing. I will say the old Blue Max 4wd still looked the same until a few years ago when the original owned changed the paint.

isonater911
November 28th, 2007, 10:32 PM
i always enjoyed gone awol, and OBS....oh and who can forget The Irish Challenger.....if i can get my scanner workin...i got some great old school pulling pics from the 80's-90's

Brandon Clark
November 29th, 2007, 09:28 AM
I used to work for the fairgrounds here in my hometown and they have pulls about twice a month, and occasionally I would get to work on the track and measure hitches. Even alot of the local Kentucky guys here have alot of really nice looking and running trucks and tractors.

Pulling is pretty big here in central KY, Allen Gaines was from Kentucky. Georgetown is just on my side of Lexington. He was a tobacco farmer back in the day, when you could make money at it, and he always drove barefoot.

Anyone knows what he's doing now? He was an older man 20 years ago, lord knows if he's even still with us.

green monster man
November 29th, 2007, 09:40 AM
i am going to order some photos of warlord from dan patrick

green monster man
November 29th, 2007, 12:46 PM
what kind of car was king crazy and who drove it

TNTfan
November 29th, 2007, 01:14 PM
King Crazy was the name of Dan Patricks funny car before it was Warlord.

green monster man
November 29th, 2007, 10:07 PM
dose any body have any photos of the green monster funny car and hart attack

Don
November 30th, 2007, 02:44 AM
I would have to say the Maniac Super mod 4x4 but thats just me.

Someone said they liked the specality pullers but I personally hated them. They normaly were not following any rules so they could have higher hitches and more weight and if you watch most videos of them the weight box on the sled was hardly moving to make them full pull every time. No talent required.
Make the people with real talent and track knowlage look bad to average joe and normaly got paid well out of money that could have been spent on real pullers purse.

Don

green monster man
November 30th, 2007, 09:34 AM
who drove hart attack

green monster man
November 30th, 2007, 09:50 AM
i love all of the turbine pullers

green monster man
December 1st, 2007, 10:10 AM
i like rice buner too and we must not forget obs

propuller
December 1st, 2007, 10:23 AM
how do you put up a pic on here?sorry very dumb on the computer

green monster man
December 1st, 2007, 10:43 AM
i dont know but i hope it is a good looking puller from the 80,s

Brandon Clark
December 1st, 2007, 10:54 AM
I caught some pulling on TV some months back and a few guys were running chopped top truck bodies on some 2wd trucks. Looked really awesome, can't seem to find any pics though.

ProPuller, email me whatever pics you want posted and I'll psot them for you. Just send them to the email in my signature.

propuller
December 1st, 2007, 11:11 AM
Bowtie thanks,I sent you the pic.Ita not an 80s puller but you guys should like it anyway.Its a pic of me in Vegas in a truck I biult a year and 1/2 ago.1583 hp to the rear wheels.

Brandon Clark
December 1st, 2007, 11:19 AM
here ya go, hope it works for everyone

http://www.monstermayhem.org/forums/images/imported/2007/12/2.jpg

propuller
December 1st, 2007, 11:31 AM
thanks again

green monster man
December 1st, 2007, 01:03 PM
here is the only good photo of the green monster funny car i can find
http://sports.webshots.com/photo/1000167265000143249?vhost=sports

green monster man
December 1st, 2007, 01:07 PM
here is the chi town hustler http://sports.webshots.com/photo/1000167243000143249?vhost=sports

green monster man
December 1st, 2007, 01:10 PM
here is the warlord http://samson4x4.com/photos/vintage/vin14.jpg

theace27
December 1st, 2007, 01:13 PM
Green Monster Man this one is for you. This was the Green Monster 2 but it is now called The Legend and I believe the tractor is now in Michigan.

http://www.monstermayhem.org/forums/images/imported/2007/12/6.jpg
http://www.monstermayhem.org/forums/images/imported/2007/12/8.jpg
I promise when I am home at Christmas I will scan those other pics for you.

green monster man
December 1st, 2007, 01:17 PM
thanks mike the driver of hog wild is going to post some photos of the green monster tractors and the green monster funny car from his magazine this week

green monster man
December 10th, 2007, 02:16 PM
i loved dragonlady because it was such a big tractor and i liked the way the name was put on it with a big dragon

StomperFan84
December 10th, 2007, 02:52 PM
Warloard was one of my favorite funny cars (why is there no more funny car racing?)

Motown Missle in 4 wheel drive trucks and Orange Blossom Special no doubt in trucks.

One question, one favorite I always had while i was a kid and the TNT days, I don't remember his name, but he had trucks in 2wheel and 4wheel and it was a black GMC with yellow wording, anybody know who that was?

Brandon Clark
December 10th, 2007, 02:58 PM
Stitches. Owned by Jim Lyons from Louisville, KY.

green monster man
December 10th, 2007, 03:17 PM
bob sysens flyin g machne was cool 2 so was psycho

ProTruckChallenge
December 10th, 2007, 05:51 PM
there was a whole thread on the psycho puller on here before.

i was a big fan of the 1940 ford puller, there was no name on it though. it was black, with neon pink and yellow graphics on the sides, big stacks out of the hood. it was a 4 wheel puller.

by the way green monster man, not trying to be a dick here or anything, but instead of making 3 one lined posts in a row, try using the edit button to edit your posts and cut down on clutter!:D

green monster man
December 10th, 2007, 05:56 PM
ok anyone els have any favrets

TNTfan
December 10th, 2007, 08:44 PM
Scream, I think you are talking about Dave Willoughby from Athens, OH. He pulled with TNT and USHRA through the mid 90's.

green monster man
December 10th, 2007, 08:58 PM
hey tnt fan do you have any photos of tim arfons green monst funny car puller or dusty arfons dragonlady with the silver name and the big dragon on it

green monster man
December 10th, 2007, 11:46 PM
aby body got any dragonlady photos besides me

ProTruckChallenge
December 11th, 2007, 06:21 PM
tnt, that would be him! i have searched for pics to no avail. so, i just watch the old tnt tapes to see it!

green monster man
December 11th, 2007, 07:08 PM
hey biteme what did you dalete

BiteMeStudios
December 11th, 2007, 07:10 PM
A post that became its own thread. (See turbine monster trucks)

green monster man
December 11th, 2007, 07:11 PM
ok thats cool

green monster man
December 11th, 2007, 07:13 PM
did god of thunder become pritty in pink

green monster man
December 11th, 2007, 07:53 PM
dose any body have any photos of god of thunder

propuller
December 12th, 2007, 09:40 PM
Did anybody ever hear of a truck out of the midwest called saterday night fever.It started out as a dodge and then went to a ranger body.It was owned and driven by Kirby Harris.

VAMONSTERNUT
December 12th, 2007, 10:55 PM
No, but there was a Chevy called Saturday Night Thriller in the mid west.

Rich Schaefer
December 13th, 2007, 12:15 AM
You might be thinking of Saturday Night Driller out of Ohio.

There was definitely a Saturday Night Fever also. Think he was from Barnhart, Missouri.

propuller
December 13th, 2007, 07:26 AM
You may be right on the Missouri .It is a truck my brother in law bought and I had picked it for him in Illanois but Kirby did live some place else and it may have been Missouri,It has all the old skoal bandit series stickers and stuff on it.It is runnning a 640 cubic kieth black engine with enderly injection.It was called saterday night fever