PDA

View Full Version : Hollywood Hogan

ProTruckChallenge
February 6th, 2009, 03:40 AM
we never really see much about this truck, does anyone have any good quality pics of it? where did this body go after it was done being used on bigfoot?

TheMonsterFactory
February 6th, 2009, 03:47 AM
Yea, Im in on that one.......... I liked that truck and the nwo.
Any info. anybody?

Paul curtis
February 6th, 2009, 01:03 PM
ive seen a few pictures of it around, but i will say this, it was alot better than the Balistic Banana look of the Hulk Hogan paint

MasterofTame
February 6th, 2009, 01:09 PM
Picture the Hulkster with nWo spray painted on the arms and title belt as well and finally, instead of red and yellow it is black with white lightning.

I know it flipped at a Wildwood beach show once end-over-end-over-end.

adam tereska
February 6th, 2009, 09:29 PM
There are good pics of it in Monster trucks 500 and in the Monster Trucks color photo series books; both of which I own. The Hulkster body and the Hollywood Hogan bodies are one in the same. The "do-rag" comes loose in the beach endo and you can clearly see the yellow paint even though it was repainted black. It was on the Bigfoot 25th Anniversary Video.

Joepotato
February 6th, 2009, 09:36 PM
Don't mean to thread-hijack, but....
I saw Bret Hart as a name on the list of truck bios on an old version of USHRA.com, but the link was dead and I couldn't find a picture of it on Taft's site. My question is, did it ever exist, or was it a dud like Hulk?

MasterofTame
February 6th, 2009, 10:02 PM
I saw Bret Hart as a name on the list of truck bios on an old version of USHRA.com, but the link was dead and I couldn't find a picture of it on Taft's site. My question is, did it ever exist, or was it a dud like Hulk?

From what I understand that was suppose to come out and was meant to be fairly similar to what the Hulk Hot Wheels truck and what would eventually be Monster Mutt. Interestingly, there was another Bret Hart truck in Monster Madness 64 which was a regular truck body with his signature shades as the windshield and I don't think it actually raced and also a real one that was allowed through WWE that was phased out and became Austin 3:16.

Leon13
February 6th, 2009, 11:29 PM
there is a Hitman truck on the original package of MTM2 trucks. i dont think it ever raced. anyone got pics of that Macho Man Randy Savage truck with the HUGE hat? what i wanna know is how that thing EVER moved with any speed? it must have been like having a giant billboard on top of the truck

MTFan10
February 6th, 2009, 11:44 PM
no the bret hart truck was a reality. it seems like it was the exciter truck

Cale Putnam
February 7th, 2009, 12:03 AM
IIRC the MJ Bret Hart truck was supposed to have been on the Cheetah body that eventually became Spiderman. The MTM2 one was nothing more than a ficticious entity.

rocku
February 7th, 2009, 06:40 AM
I saw 2 people at a Silverdome show wearing Brett Hart shirts, it gave an idea on how the truck was going to look. It must have really close to being a real truck.

ed3165
February 7th, 2009, 09:57 AM
I saw 2 people at a Silverdome show wearing Brett Hart shirts, it gave an idea on how the truck was going to look. It must have really close to being a real truck.

It was very close to being real it was a very last min thing that it never happen.

Brandon Clark
February 7th, 2009, 04:00 PM
I've got one of those shirts, when I found out they weren't doing the truck or whatever, I bought one, and never took it out of its plastic package. Still got it too.

Joepotato
February 7th, 2009, 04:03 PM
I've got one of those shirts, when I found out they weren't doing the truck or whatever, I bought one, and never took it out of its plastic package. Still got it too.

If possible, post a pic and show us. I find stuff like this interesting.

deadgearhead
February 7th, 2009, 04:17 PM
Ross Bonar interviewed Mark Wheeler who owned a WWE sponsored Hitman truck and the first Austin 3:16 truck, which were neither MJ or Bigfoot trucks.

ProTruckChallenge
February 7th, 2009, 04:17 PM
so lets get this down pat on bret heart.

there was the MTM2 version with glasses that never existed. (could this possibly have been a bigfoot deal gone bad? if i remember correctly it was a ford body)

then there was a ushra version using a cheetah body that eventually became spiderman.

and there was the real version of bret heart that ran on the old terraduster chassis of mark wheeler.

correct?

Danny H.
February 7th, 2009, 04:50 PM
Any pics of the real bret harts ?

MasterofTame
February 7th, 2009, 07:26 PM
there is a Hitman truck on the original package of MTM2 trucks. i dont think it ever raced. anyone got pics of that Macho Man Randy Savage truck with the HUGE hat? what i wanna know is how that thing EVER moved with any speed? it must have been like having a giant billboard on top of the truck

I think it was only ever used on a WCW pay-per view and never raced.

Brandon Clark
February 7th, 2009, 08:44 PM
well, the only part of the shirt you can see is the front chest logo, which is pretty much the same one that Bret Hart wore on his tights, except it says racing below it, or osmething like that, its been awhile since I've looked at it.

Mark Wheeler also had a Heartbreak Kid truck. Unfortunaley, for some reason, nobody seems to have any pictures of these trucks in action except for the owners themselves.

The cheetah body was painted black and ran as sting in the summer of 2002, I've got pics somehwere of it like that from LMS in 2000, I think I saw one at taft's too, sitting infront of the Digger's Dungeon.

ProTruckChallenge
February 7th, 2009, 09:19 PM
well, the only part of the shirt you can see is the front chest logo, which is pretty much the same one that Bret Hart wore on his tights, except it says racing below it, or osmething like that, its been awhile since I've looked at it.

Mark Wheeler also had a Heartbreak Kid truck. Unfortunaley, for some reason, nobody seems to have any pictures of these trucks in action except for the owners themselves.

The cheetah body was painted black and ran as sting in the summer of 2002, I've got pics somehwere of it like that from LMS in 2000, I think I saw one at taft's too, sitting infront of the Digger's Dungeon.

i have an 8x10 glossy of heart break kid but if memory serves, its a woodcock chassis. did wheeler own a second one?

AlHouseProductions
February 7th, 2009, 10:52 PM
i'm sorry i havent read much into this thread but yall keep talking about the bret truck so i dug into my collection and found this:

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii305/alhouseproductions/bret1.jpg

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii305/alhouseproductions/bret2.jpg
is this what yall are talking about?

Modern Day Outlaw
February 8th, 2009, 12:28 AM
Go to Monsterblog--they have an interveiw with Mark Wheeler and some video of the Hart and Austin trucks on it...

And on A personal note-Mark Wheeler is a top notch person and allways a pleasure to be around...

IamGalvatron
February 8th, 2009, 03:07 AM
i'm sorry i havent read much into this thread but yall keep talking about the bret truck so i dug into my collection and found this:

http://www.monstermayhem.org/forums/

http://www.monstermayhem.org/forums/
is this what yall are talking about?

Is that Pablo's first Digger chassis, GD 4 or 5?

Paul curtis
February 8th, 2009, 03:10 AM
Jus Showin off 2, became a digger, then terraduster, then somthing else, Magnum maybe, dont remember, now Hushpower

ProTruckChallenge
February 10th, 2009, 04:08 AM
I think it was only ever used on a WCW pay-per view and never raced.

or so we thought...

i was going through tafts site when i came across he named "camo" since he couldnt read the name. then i noticed the trademark headlights, firestone logo, same paintjob, then i figured out... Macho Man! this appears to be the macho man body without the hat!

http://monsterphoto.iwarp.com/images/camo1a.jpg

http://monsterphoto.iwarp.com/camo.htm

fastj14
February 11th, 2009, 05:52 PM
Found this picture on photobucket...
http://www.monstermayhem.org/forums/images/imported/2009/02/250.jpg

EMTCoverage
February 11th, 2009, 08:48 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NnapTvDrjU

Crazydude083
February 11th, 2009, 11:26 PM
I remember seeing that Bret hart truck along time ago w/ the "Rolling Thunder Monster Truck Tour" at the New Haven Coliseum. I know they had that truck and the Stone Cold/ Austin 3:16 truck as well as a few others i cant remember.

Brandon Clark
February 11th, 2009, 11:35 PM
I remember reading that Wheeler's truck was really competitive on the IPI tour, I must ask, how competitive could it have been with a small block chevy?

deadgearhead
February 12th, 2009, 07:36 AM
I remember reading that Wheeler's truck was really competitive on the IPI tour, I must ask, how competitive could it have been with a small block chevy?
Are you sure it wasn't a big block Mopar?

TheRickster
February 12th, 2009, 12:20 PM
I'm feeling pretty lucky to have seen Hollywood Hogan win two shows at a Cincy Monster Jam. I did have pics of it but my dad kept them since they had his g/fs kids in them to. Pretty sure they are lost now and I don't talk to him all that much anymore.

jetmonkeyj
February 12th, 2009, 02:27 PM
Not a picture of Hollywood, but a nice one of the Hulkster none the less.:cool:

http://www.monstermayhem.org/forums/images/imported/2009/02/16.png

Leon13
February 12th, 2009, 05:09 PM
always wondered what the relationship between Patrick and Chandler was like at this time. seing how dan had Samson with arms, then this truck shows up? eh i dunno

Brandon Clark
February 12th, 2009, 08:13 PM
Are you sure it wasn't a big block Mopar?

Ya know, I always considered myself a big gearhead, but I didn't know BBM's had the same kinda header pattern as a SBC.

Jason Twite
February 13th, 2009, 03:03 AM
http://www.monstermayhem.org/forums/images/imported/2009/02/296.jpg

Buy that shirt here!

ProTruckChallenge
February 13th, 2009, 03:43 AM
there should be a disclaimer on that shirt.
warning: truck may not look this good in person

TheRickster
February 13th, 2009, 04:38 AM
I thought the truck always looked good?

deadgearhead
February 16th, 2009, 06:40 AM
Ya know, I always considered myself a big gearhead, but I didn't know BBM's had the same kinda header pattern as a SBC.
Well they do.

RnW 13
February 18th, 2009, 02:28 PM
http://www.monstermayhem.org/forums/images/imported/2009/01/247.jpg
Photo of Macho Man.

As for Bret Hart, started as Digger, Terraduster, Hitman, Demolisher, now Hushpower.

Paul curtis
February 18th, 2009, 03:12 PM
actually, it started off as Purina Mainstay 2

carcrusher
February 18th, 2009, 09:36 PM
actually, purina mainstay 2 started as jus showin off 2 :-P haha