Monster Mayhem Discussion Board FAQ
Here you can find answers to questions about how the discussion forums work. Use the links or search box below to find your way around.
About Monster Mayhem
Updated: September 7, 2012
Monster Mayhem was started in 2000 by Kevin "Karmageddon" Blocka to fill the void created by the closing of the Monsterzone.com forum. For much of it's early existence, Monster Mayhem was run on ezBoard, and later ported to phpBB. When Kevin Blocka decided to step away from Monster Mayhem in the middle of the decade, a group consisting of Jason Twite, Brian Varmecky, Tony Budny, Brian Stellabote, and (I forget who...hate to say it). Later on Cale Putnam and Andrew Pellegrine were added to the team, before transferring current control to Steven Baron, owner of The Black Widow monster truck.
In order to take the already popular site to the next level and permanently solidify its name the MonsterMayhem.org domain was established on December 26, 2001. Not only is the site the largest of its kind on the internet but it also is widely known and visited by more fans and industry related persons then any other.
In 2011 in an effort to preserve well known and established domain names within the industry, MTTradingCenter.com was also acquired due to its abandonment. The domain now points to the MonsterMayhem's Classifieds section.
In 2012 in an effort to preserve well known and established domain names within the industry, MILGarage.com was also acquired due to its abandonment. The domain now points to the MonsterMayhem's Classifieds section.
Monstermayhem is a privately owned and operated discussion board covering the topic of monster trucks.
MonsterMayhem.org has no affiliation with any business(es), website(s) or individual(s) that have chosen to use this site or that are mentioned.
All products, company names, brand names, trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners.
About Monster Mayhem's User Groups
Updated: March 13, 2012
MonsterMayhem's user groups are broken down and defined as the following:
Event Reporter - Been to an event? Let us know; who one racing, freestyle and your thoughts about the show! Then let us know and we will be happy to award you a new title.
Historian - Know a thing about monster trucks and their history? Well if you know the who's, who and where they are and have been, share the knowledge then let us know and we will be happy to award you a new title!
Industry Related -
Promoter - Puting on a show?
Crew - Work or volunteer for a team?
Race Team - Own one of these behemoths? Lets us know as given this designationy ou will get access to our industry related only forums!
If you beleive you need to be moved to a certain user group for access please post a request in our :HelpDesk.
Updated: October 27, 2010
BY ENTERING THIS SITE YOU: ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE TO ALL TERMS AND CONDITIONS STATED HEREIN. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS, DO NOT USE THIS SITE.
This Agreement (the "Agreement") governs your access and use of MonsterMayhem facilities, bulletin boards and service (the "Service"). In consideration for your right to access and use the Service, you and MonsterMayhem agree as follows:
1. ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS: By clicking the "I Accept" button below (done during your accounts creation), or by using the service as a guest you agree to be bound by the terms of this Agreement and any modifications made to it in accordance with Section 19 below.
2. THE MonsterMayhem SERVICE: The MonsterMayhem Service is an online application, enabling businesses and individuals to build, join and participate in customized and personalized discussion groups. You understand and agree that the Service is provided "AS-IS" and that MonsterMayhem assumes no responsibility for, among other things, (1) any service outages or interruptions (2) the unavailability of particular boards, features or services, (3) the inability to access the Service, (4) the failure or inability to post materials to the Service, (4) the deletion of materials posted to the Service or (5) the failure to store materials posted to the service.
4. CONTENT ACCESSIBLE ON THE SERVICE: The MonsterMayhem service contains a huge variety of information, data, messages, directions, computer programs, pictures, audio/visual works and other materials (the "Content") that users post. Please use caution and common sense when viewing MonsterMayhem communities. You understand and agree that any Content posted on the Service is the exclusive responsibility of the person who posted or uploaded it, and that you will be solely responsible for any Content that you upload, post, email or otherwise transmit via the Service. You acknowledge that MonsterMayhem is not responsible for, does not control, does not endorse and does not verify the Content posted to the Service or available through the service, and that it makes no guarantee regarding the reliability, accuracy, legitimacy or quality of any such Content. You agree that you will bear any and all risk of reliance on the accuracy, validity or legitimacy of such Content. Under no circumstances will MonsterMayhem be liable in any way to you for any Content, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any Content or any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Content posted or otherwise transmitted via the Service.
You acknowledge that MonsterMayhem does not pre-screen Content, but agree that MonsterMayhem shall have the right (but not the obligation) to access any board, and remove or restrict access to any Content on the Service in its sole discretion and without notice or compensation. Without limiting the foregoing, MonsterMayhem shall have the right to access any board and remove or restrict access to any Content that violates this Agreement or that MonsterMayhem believes is otherwise objectionable.
You acknowledge and agree that MonsterMayhem may preserve or disclose any Content if it reasonably believes disclosure is required by law or in the good faith belief that such preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to: (a) comply with legal process; (b) enforce this Agreement; (c) respond to claims that any Content violates the rights of third-parties; or (d) protect the rights, property, or personal safety of MonsterMayhem, its users and the public.
5. LICENSE GRANTED TO MonsterMayhem: You grant MonsterMayhem the world-wide, royalty free and non-exclusive license to reproduce, modify, adapt, distribute and publish any Content you post/upload/contribute to the Service, for the purposes of displaying such information on MonsterMayhem's sites and for the promotion and marketing of MonsterMayhem's services. However, MonsterMayhem will not resell, attempt to resell, or otherwise convey these rights to any third party.
6. USER CONDUCT: You agree to not use the Service to: (a) violate or solicit the violation of any applicable local, state, national or international law; (b) infringe the rights of any third party, including but not limited to intellectual property rights and privacy or publicity rights (c) upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any Content that (1) is unlawful, threatening, abusive, tortuous, defamatory, obscene, libelous, or invasive of another's privacy; (2) consists of instructional information on illegal activities, including, but not limited to, hacking, cracking, and phreaking; (3) violates or infringes in any way upon the proprietary rights of others, including, without limitation, copyrighted software, music, photographs, text, videos or artwork; (4) constitutes pornography, or sexual material of an obscene nature or that violates local, state or national laws; (5) is the private information of another such as their addresses, phone number, Social Security number or credit card number; (6) contains software viruses, Trojan horses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment; or (7) you do not have a right to upload or post due to contractual or other legal obligation. (d) impersonate any person or entity, including, but not limited to, a MonsterMayhem official, message board leader (moderator), guide or host, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity; (e) forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any Content transmitted through the Service; (f) interfere with or disrupt the Service, computer servers or boards accessible through the Service; (g) interfere with or disrupt the Service, computer servers or boards accessible through the Service; (h) disseminate off-topic messages on boards promoting any product, service, web site, board or venture, or promote boards on the Service through unsolicited electronic mail messages to third parties.
If you do use the Service to commit any of the above, MonsterMayhem may, at its sole discretion. terminate your password, account (or any part of it) or ability to use the Service, and remove and discard any Content within the Service.
7. CREATION OF BOARDS: In using the Service to create or make accessible a board, you agree to use your best efforts to ensure that individuals posting Content to the board comply with Paragraph 6 of this Agreement, and agree to take action to remove or disable access to any Content on the board that violates Paragraph 6 of this Agreement.
8. COMMUNITY-SUPPORTED PROGRAM: By signing up to be a registered user or moderator under the Community-Supported program, you agree to the following:
(a) You expressly understand and acknowledge MonsterMayhem's Disclaimer of Warranties under Section 13 below and that MonsterMayhem will not be liable for any damages under this Agreement pursuant to the Limitations of Liability in Section 14 below. You expressly understand and acknowledge that the pricing reflected in this program is based on the above limitations, and that the limitations in this Section 8(a) represent a reasonable allocation of risk for the parties.
(b) You expressly understand and acknowledge that any fees due or paid by you under the COMMUNITY-SUPPORTED program are non-refundable in part or in whole. MonsterMayhem currently accepts payment by check, money order or PayPal, and reserves the right to modify its acceptable forms of payment at any time without notice.
(c) You expressly understand and acknowledge that MonsterMayhem may change your privileges as a user or administrator of the COMMUNITY-SUPPORTED program and that MonsterMayhem reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the COMMUNITY-SUPPORTED program (or any part of it) with or without notice. You acknowledge that MonsterMayhem shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the COMMUNITY-SUPPORTED program.
9. LIMITATIONS, CONDITIONS AND RULES REGARDING SERVICE: You agree that MonsterMayhem may establish, in its sole discretion, any limitations, conditions or rules concerning use of the Service, including, for example, the maximum number of messages a user may post to a given board or the Service in a given day, the number of days that posted messages will be available, or the maximum size of a given post. You acknowledge that MonsterMayhem has the right to change these general practices and limits at any time, in its sole discretion, with or without notice.
10. MODIFICATION AND TERMINATION OF SERVICE: MonsterMayhem reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Service (or any part of it) with or without notice. You agree that MonsterMayhem shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Service. You agree that MonsterMayhem, in its sole discretion, may terminate your password, account (or any part of it) or ability to use the Service, and remove and discard any Content within the Service, for any reason or for no reason, including, without limitation, for lack of use, or for violating the letter or the spirit of this Agreement. You agree that any termination of your access to the Service may be immediate and without prior notice. You further agree that MonsterMayhem shall not be liable to you or any third-party for any termination of your use or ability to access the Service. Specific reasons for such limitation or termination include, but are not limited to the following: (a) Circumventing any MonsterMayhem banner display. Subscribers to our "no-ad banner option" are exempt from this requirement. All MonsterMayhem member boards must have a link to MonsterMayhem or its related directories. (b) Using in the registration of your MonsterMayhem membership an email account that is not your own or that is or becomes inactive. (c) Reproducing, distributing, republishing or retransmitting material posted by other MonsterMayhem members without the prior permission of such members. MonsterMayhem reserves the right to take any action it deems necessary with respect to your MonsterMayhem or user account if we have reason to believe it may cause us to lose the services of our ISP or suppliers.
11. OTHER WEB SITES AND RESOURCES: Third parties using the Service may provide links or access to other web sites and resources. Because MonsterMayhem has no control over such sites and resources, you acknowledge and agree that MonsterMayhem is not responsible for the availability of such sites or resources, and does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any content, advertising, products, or other materials on or available from such sites or resources. You further acknowledge and agree that MonsterMayhem shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such Content, goods or services available on or through any such site or resource.
12. NO RESALE, REDISTRIBUTION OR REPURPOSING OF SERVICE OR CONTENT: You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit for any commercial purposes, use of the Service, access to the Service or any of the Content accessible through the Service, other than Content as to which you hold the intellectual property rights.
13. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES: YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT: (a) YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. MonsterMayhem EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. (b) MonsterMayhem MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT (i) THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, (ii) THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE, (iii) THE INFORMATION THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE SERVICE WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE. (c) ANY MATERIAL DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE SERVICE IS OBTAINED AND USED AT YOUR SOLE| RISK AND DISCRETION AND YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF ANY SUCH MATERIAL. (d) NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER **** OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH OR FROM THE SERVICE SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY BY MonsterMayhem.
14. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT MonsterMayhem SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES (EVEN IF MonsterMayhem HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES), RESULTING FROM: (i) THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICE; (ii) THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS AND SERVICES RESULTING FROM ANY GOODS, DATA, INFORMATION OR SERVICES PURCHASED OR OBTAINED OR MESSAGES RECEIVED OR TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO THROUGH OR FROM THE SERVICE; (iii) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA; (iv) STATEMENTS OR CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY ON THE SERVICE; OR (v) ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THE SERVICE.
15. EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS: SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES OR THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. ACCORDINGLY, SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OF SECTIONS 13 AND 14 MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
16. INDEMNITY: You agree to indemnify and hold MonsterMayhem, and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, employees, and contractors harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys' fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of Content you submit, post to or transmit through the Service, your use of the Service, your connection to the Service, your violation of the law, this Agreement or the rights of another.
17. NOTICES: Notices to you may be made via either email or regular mail. MonsterMayhem may also provide notices of changes to this Agreement or the Service by displaying notices or links to notices to you generally on the Service.
18. LEGAL DISPUTES: This Agreement and your relationship with MonsterMayhem shall be governed by the laws of the State of Connecticut without regard to its conflict of law provisions. You and MonsterMayhem agree to submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located within the state of Connecticut, USA agree that regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to use of the Service or the Agreement must be filed within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arose or be forever barred.
19. MODIFICATION: We may amend this Agreement at any time by posting the amended terms on our site here. All amendments shall automatically be effective 30 days after they are initially posted on our site. Your use of the Service following the effective date of any modifications shall constitute your binding acceptance of those modifications. This Agreement may not be otherwise amended except in a writing signed by an officer of MonsterMayhem. This Agreement was last modified on May 30, 2010.
20. GENERAL: This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between you and MonsterMayhem with respect to the Service and supersedes all prior agreements and understandings between you and MonsterMayhem. MonsterMayhem's failure to enforce any provision of this agreement will not be construed as a waiver of any provision or right. In the event that a portion of this agreement is held unenforceable, the unenforceable portion will be construed in accordance with applicable law as nearly as possible to reflect the original intentions of the parties, and the remainder of the provisions will remain in full force and effect. Paragraphs 12, 13, 14, 15 and 17 of this Agreement shall survive any termination of the Agreement. If you are a Connecticut resident, you may have a copy of this Agreement emailed to you by sending an e-mail request to email@example.comThis e-mail should include your; user ID, actual name and address to mail the request of this agreement to.
21. OFFICIAL LANGUAGE - ENGLISH: This AGREEMENT AND THE MonsterMayhem site is developed in English and MAY BE translated into other languages. TO THE EXTENT A TRANSLATION OF THE AGREEMENT OR THE SITE IS PROVIDED, IT IS AFFORDED AS a convenience only. For all purposes, only the English VERSION OF THIS AGREEMENT, AND THE ENGLISH VERSIONS OF THE MonsterMayhem SITE SHALL BE OFFICIAL AND BINDING ON THE PARTIES. MonsterMayhem is not responsible for the accuracy and correctness of the translation. You are solely responsible to carefully read AND UNDERSTAND the English text and YOU AGREE THAT YOU MAY NOT RELY on translations provided AS OFFICIAL DOCUMENTS OR REPRESENTATIONS.
The MonsterMayhem Administration
Rules for posting images to the MonsterMayhem gallery
Updated: March 15, 2012
Notification of Copyright Infringement
MonsterMayhem respects the intellectual property rights of others and expects its users to do the same. In accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act ("DMCA"), the text of which may be found on the U.S. Copyright Office website at http://www.copyright.gov/legislation/dmca.pdf, MonsterMayhem will respond expeditiously to notices of alleged infringement that are reported to the MonsterMayhem site administrators through our HelpDesk.
Notices of Alleged Infringement for Content Made Available Through the MonsterMayhem Site.
If you are a copyright owner, authorized to act on behalf of one, or authorized to act under any exclusive right under copyright, please report alleged copyright infringements taking place on or through the MonsterMayhem.org website (the "Site") by completing the following notice ("Notice") and delivering it to a site administrator via our HelpDesk.
DMCA Notice of Alleged Infringement ("Notice") 1. Identify the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed, or-if multiple copyrighted works are covered by this Notice-you may provide a representative list of the copyrighted works that you claim have been infringed.
2. Identify the material or link you claim is infringing (or the subject of infringing activity) and that access to which is to be disabled, including at a minimum, if applicable, the URL of the link shown on the MonsterMayhem website where such material may be found.
3. Provide your mailing address, telephone number, and, if available, email address.
4. Include both of the following statements in the body of the Notice:
* "I hereby state that I have a good faith belief that the disputed use of the copyrighted material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law (e.g., as a fair use)."
* "I hereby state that the information in this Notice is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that I am the owner, or authorized to act on behalf of the owner, of the copyright or of an exclusive right under the copyright that is allegedly infringed."
5. Provide your full legal name and your electronic or physical signature.
Deliver this Notice, with all items completed, to the MonsterMayhem site administrators through our HelpDesk.
MonsterMayhem does not permit copyright infringing activities through its services and will, if properly notified that content infringes, remove or disable access to such content. MonsterMayhem reserves the right to remove or disable access to content without prior notice. In appropriate circumstances, MonsterMayhem will also terminate users whom it determines to be repeat infringers.
A poster of allegedly infringing material may make a counter notice pursuant to Sections 512(g)(2) and 512(g)(3) of the DMCA. When MonsterMayhem receives a counter notice, it may reinstate the material in question. To provide a counter notice to us, please return the following form to the MonsterMayhem site administrators through our HelpDesk.
1. Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled on the MonsterMayhem service and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled:
2. A statement as follows: "I hereby state under penalty of perjury that I have a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled."
3. Your name, address, telephone number and, if available, email address:
4. I hereby consent to the jurisdiction of the Federal District Court for the judicial district of New Haven, Connecticut in which Monstermayhem.org may be found, and I will accept service of process from the complaining party who notified Monstermayhem.org of the alleged infringement or an agent of such person.
5. Your physical or electronic signature (full legal name):____________________________
The Counter Notice should be delivered to the MonsterMayhem site administrators through our HelpDesk.
MonsterMayhem may be required to disclose information to individuals asserting rights under the DMCA. You hereby authorize MonsterMayhem to release information about you if required by law or subpoena, without notice to you.
You agree that you, and not MonsterMayhem, are responsible for any violations of any intellectual property rights in any content that you upload to the Site.
Notification of Trademark Infringement
If you believe that your trademark (the "Infringed Mark") is being used by a user in a way that constitutes trademark infringement, please provide MonsterMayhem's Copyright Agent (specified above) with the following information:
1. Your physical or electronic signature, or a physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on your behalf;
2. Information reasonably sufficient to permit MonsterMayhem to contact you or your authorized agent, including a name, address, telephone number and, if available, an email address;
3. Identification of the Infringed Mark(s) claimed to have been infringed, including (i) for registered Infringed Marks, a copy of each relevant federal trademark registration certificate or (ii) for common law Infringed Marks, evidence sufficient to establish the time period and geographic area in which the Infringed Mark has been used by you;
4. Information reasonably sufficient to permit MonsterMayhem to identify the use being challenged;
5. A statement that you have not authorized the challenged use, and that you have a good-faith belief that the challenged use is not authorized by law; and
6. A statement that the information in the notification is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that you are the Infringed Mark owner, or are authorized to act on behalf of the Infringed Mark owner.
Upon receipt of notice as described above, MonsterMayhem will confirm the existence of the Infringed Mark on the Site, notify the Registered User who posted the Infringed Mark, and take whatever action, in its sole discretion, it deems appropriate, including removal of the Infringed Mark from the Site. A Registered User may respond to notice of takedown by showing either (a) that the Infringed Mark has been cancelled, or has expired or lapsed or (b) that the Registered User has a trademark registration, an unexpired license covering the use, or some other relevant right to the Infringed Mark. If the Registered User succeeds in showing either (a) or (b) then MonsterMayhem will not remove the Infringed Mark. If MonsterMayhem decides to comply with a takedown request, it will do so within a commercially reasonable time after receipt of the notice.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, MonsterMayehem will comply as appropriate with the terms of any court order relating to alleged trademark infringement on the Site.
Rights of Publicity and Use of Name or Likeness
MonsterMayhem respects the rights of individuals to exploit their own name, voice, signature, photograph or likeness and prohibits its users from posting Content that would otherwise misappropriate a third party's right of publicity. If you think that your right of publicity is being misappropriated as a result of the content on the Site, please provide MonsterMayhem's Copyright Agent (specified above) with the following information:
1. Information reasonably sufficient to permit MonsterMayhem to identify the Content containing your likeness;
2. Your name, address, telephone number and, if available, your email address;
3. A statement that you, or in the case of a minor, your parent or legal guardian, (the "Authorizing Party") has not authorized the challenged use, and that the use is not otherwise authorized by law; and
4. A statement that the information in the notification is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that you are the Authorizing Party or that you are authorized to act on behalf of the Authorizing Party.
Upon receipt of notice as described above, MonsterMayhem will take whatever action, in its sole discretion, it deems appropriate, including removal of the challenged use from the Site, with notice to the Registered User in question, unless, prior to such removal, the Registered User in question sufficiently demonstrates that he or she has appropriate authorization or consent to use your likeness.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, MonsterMayhem will comply as appropriate with the terms of any court order relating to the behavior of the challenged party identified in such court order.
Updated: July 21, 2009
Your privacy is of the utmost importance to MonsterMayhem. MonsterMayhem attempts to minimize the personal information that members need to reveal; however, we do ask for some basic personal information when creating a message board and or ID within the MonsterMayhem Community. We want you to be fully informed of how this information is gathered and used.
Some personal information is required in order to create a message board and or ID on MonsterMayhem. This information includes your email address that allows the Monster Mayhem server to route important messages to your existing email account. Message Board notifications, MonsterMayhem newsletters, and messages sent to you all rely on the email address you provide when you signup. You have the ability to change your email address that is associated with your MonsterMayhem account at any time. MonsterMayhem will not disclose your email address to any MonsterMayhem member, or to any third party, without your permission with the exception of requests by legal authorities pending investigation of illicite activities whereby MonsterMayhem will fully co-oporate with them.
Other required information provides aggregate demographic data that we use to better understand the types of people using MonsterMayhem. This information allows us to do a better job of recommending content that may be of interest to you on MonsterMayhem, and to show you advertisements that are relevant to your age and geographic location. Similar to television, radio, and magazines, MonsterMayhem board relies primarily on revenue from advertising to subsidize the cost of providing you with free services. To help enhance the relevance and effectiveness of ads, MonsterMayhem provides advertisers demographic information on an aggregate basis (not linked to your personal name or email address). For example, MonsterMayhem will report to advertisers that "45% of members are female and the average age is 28."
The above describes information that is provided "actively" - meaning, you choose to submit this information to us when you join MonsterMayhem, or update your account at any point after having joined. Some other information is provided "passively" - meaning, that MonsterMayhem obtains this information when you login to your MonsterMayhem account and use the service. This is done primarily through the use of "cookies". Cookies are used on MonsterMayhem to verify your login information, and to optionally store your password in your browser so that you do not need to type it in each time you visit MonsterMayhem. Any time that you point your browser to a 'members-only' area, MonsterMayhem checks your browser's cookie file to see if you have already logged in, and if you have, you're taken right to the page that you have requested. If not, you'll be directed to the MonsterMayhem login screen, where you can quickly and easily login to your account, or signup for a MonsterMayhem account if you are not yet a member. Cookies are also used in conjunction with some ad banners to determine their effectiveness.
MonsterMayhem has formed partnerships with other Web-based services, in the interest of bringing the highest quality services to you "under one roof". MonsterMayhem also requires from its partner sites the same level of respect and privacy for members' personal information that MonsterMayhem adheres to, and as a result will not redistribute any of your account information without your consent.
MonsterMayhem does not routinely terminate user accounts, nor do we delete MonsterMayhem communities unless they continualy violate our policies and warning messages are disreguarded. If you no longer wish to use your account, simply let it go unused or you can delete it from the system from within "my profile". If you wish to remove your message board and its contents you can let it go unused and it will remain secure up to 30 days where upon it will be deleted for inactivity. If you no longer wish to receive emails from MonsterMayhem, you can turn off the ability to allow administrators and modertaors to send you e-mail noticies as well as the ability to keep your e-mail address viewable when you are posting through updating "my profile".
In this electronic era, when personal information can easily be obtained through various sources, MonsterMayhem appreciates the sensitivity of any private information that you disclose to us. It is our intention to treat your account information with the highest level of care. If you have further questions about our practices and policies with regard to how your account information is treated, please contact us at any time.
MonsterMayhem works with a third party that serves ads to this site. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visits to this and other web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. Hostboard does not openly share, lease or rent this information with these advertisers. This information how ever can be collected by these third party advertisers once you leave the MonsterMayhem system.
Posting Classifieds & Auctions
Updated: January 13, 2009
Usage of the classified & auction section FREE to all members and is dependent upon acceptance of the following rules. Please keep in mind that Monstermayhem reserves the right to censor any post or remove it from the site entirely without notice.
1. All classified posts must include the following. An asking price, location and a means of contacting the individual. Please limit this to an email address and City/State.
2. No Solicitations from Businesses
This includes, but is not limited to, product previews, ads, and other forms of ‘spam’ from a business. You are not permitted to respond with contact information or pricing information for products that your company or affiliates sell. If you wish to explore advertising opportunities with Monstermayhem.org, please contact us at our Help Desk for advertising information.
3. No personal attacks
This includes, but is not limited to, name calling, racial slurs, personal threats, physical threats, badgering, etc.
4. No Foul Language
No foul language of any kind is allowed. This includes 'masked' language; our filters are there for a reason!
5. No Adult Content
This is a family site. Please use discretion while posting. Adult oriented avatars, signatures and posts may be deleted at the discretion of staff
6. No 'chit-chat' and personal conversations
Once a classified add has been posted, we ask that all communication regarding any form of transaction take place via the contact information provided by the person responsible for posting the classified advertisement. No haggling, bartering, or personal conversation will be tolerated beyond basic questions regarding the items advertised. MonsterMayhem has many forums designed solely for discussion and we ask that these be used for their intended purposes.
7. Sold Items Must be Deleted or Closed
The classified & auction section have unique rules set to allow each individual the ability to close or delete their threads once a classified ad has run its course. We ask that the members of this site maintain their ads accordingly and remove them once they are no longer valid. If the members do not maintain these things, MonsterMayhem will reserve the right to remove any and all classified ads that are more than one month old no matter the status of the advertisement.
Failure to follow the above rules can result in warnings or permanent banning from MonsterMayhem.org
1. The calssifieds & auction area in place to assist members of MonsterMayhem.org in finding parts to buy, sell, or trade amongst themselves. Once a transaction has been made by the respective parties, it is their responsibility to complete said transaction. MonsterMayhem and its staff WILL NOT take part in resolution of poorly coordinated or failed transactions. All dispute resolution regarding failed transactions must take place outside of MonsterMayhem.org and will be removed from the site if found here.
2. Posting personal information about one’s self is done solely at the discretion of the individual. MonsterMayhem.org cannot be held responsible for how personal information may be used by others who may view it on MonsterMayhem.org.
Classified & Auction Safety Tips
Updated: October 11, 2009
You can sidestep would-be scammers by following these common-sense rules:
DEAL LOCALLY WITH FOLKS YOU CAN MEET IN PERSON - follow this one simple rule and you will avoid 99% of the scam attempts on craigslist.
NEVER WIRE FUNDS VIA WESTERN UNION, MONEYGRAM or any other wire service - anyone who asks you to do so is a scammer.
FAKE CASHIER CHECKS & MONEY ORDERS ARE COMMON, and BANKS WILL CASH THEM AND THEN HOLD YOU RESPONSIBLE when the fake is discovered weeks later.
HOSTBORARD IS NOTAND WILL NOT BE INVOLVED IN ANY TRANSACTION, and does not handle payments, guarantee transactions, provide escrow services, or offer "buyer protection" or "seller certification" NEVER GIVE OUT FINANCIAL INFORMATION (bank account number, social security number, eBay/PayPal info, etc.)
AVOID DEALS INVOLVING SHIPPING OR ESCROW SERVICES and know that ONLY A SCAMMER WILL "GUARANTEE" YOUR TRANSACTION.
Who should I notify about fraud or scam attempts?
FTC toll free hotline: 877-FTC-HELP (877-382-4357)
FTC online complaint form
Canadian PhoneBusters hotline: 888-495-8501
Competition Bureau Canada: 800-348-5358
Internet Fraud Complaint Center
Software Piracy (http://www.siia.net/piracy/report.asp)
Non-emergency number for your local police department.
If you suspect that an item posted for sale on Hostboard that may be part of a scam, please contact us at the Help Desk. Be sure to include the URL to the ad in quesiton in your message.
Most scams involve one or more of the following:
inquiry from someone far away, often in another country Western Union, Money Gram, cashier's check, money order, shipping, escrow service, or a "guarantee" inability or refusal to meet face-to-face before consumating transaction
Examples of Scams
1. Someone claims that Hostboard will guarantee a transaction, certify a buyer/seller, OR claims that craigslist will handle or provide protection for a payment.
These claims are fraudulent, as craigslist does not have any role in any transaction. Scammer will often send an official looking email that appears to come from hostboard, offering a guarantee, certifying a seller, providing payment services -- all such emails are fakes!
2. Distant person offers a genuine-looking (but fake) cashier's check you receive an email (examples below) offering to buy your item, or rent your apartment, sight unseen. cashier's check is offered for your sale item, as a deposit for an apartment, or for just about anything else of value. value of cashier's check often far exceeds your item - scammer offers to "trust" you, and asks you to wire the balance via money transfer service banks will often cash these fake checks AND THEN HOLD YOU RESPONSIBLE WHEN THE CHECK FAILS TO CLEAR, including criminal prosecution in some cases! scam often involves a 3rd party (shipping agent, business associate owing buyer money, etc)
3. Someone requests wire service payment via Western Union or MoneyGram: Scam "bait" items include apartments, laptops, plasma TVs, cell phones, tickets - but could be almost anything Often claim that an MTCN or confirmation code is needed before he can withdraw your money - this is FALSE, once you've wired money, it is GONE. Common countries currently include: Nigeria, Romania, United Kingdom, Ukraine, Spain, Italy, Netherlands - but could be anywhere Apartment listing may be local, but landlord/owner is "travelling" or "relocating" and needs you to wire money to them abroad Deal often seems too good to be true, price is too low, rent is below market, etc.
4. Distant person offers to send you a money order and then have you wire money: this is ALWAYS a scam, in our experience - the cashier's check is FAKE sometimes accompanies an offer of merchandise, sometimes not scammer often asks for your name, address, etc for printing on the fake check deal often seems too good to be true
5. Distant seller suggests use of an online escrow service. most online escrow sites are FRAUDULENT, operated by scammers for more info, do a google search on "fake escrow" or "escrow fraud"
6. Distant seller asks for a partial payment upfront, after which he will ship goods he says he trusts you with the partial payment he may say he has already shipped the goods deal often sounds too good to be true
7. Foreign company offers you a job receiving payments from customers, then wiring funds foreign company may claim it is unable to receive payments from its customers directly you are typically offered a percentage of payments received this kind of "position" may be posted as a job, or offered to you via email
Updated: July 23, 2009
MonsterMayhem is a free service that provides a Web-based application that engages businesses and individuals to build, join and participate in a highly customized and personalized online community. We do not believe in pop-up ads and try to minimize our banners so that they are less intrusive. But this comes at a cost. By doing this we are limiting the amount of revenue we can receive to better serve you the end user. So we ask if you enjoy our service and would like to help support the system as well as continue to make enhancements and add more features to go ahead and make a donation.
To acknowledge our appreciation to those that donate and to allow other members know that you suport MonsterMayhem a special image will be attached to your name in your posts.
Donation Level 2
Donation Level 3
Donation Level 4
Donation Level 5
Donation Level 6
Donation Level 7
Donation Level 8
Donation Level 9
Donation Level 10
Becoming part of the MonsterMayhem staff
Looking good and looking for you!
We are MonsterMayhem are always looking for individuals that are looking to better the community as a whole and wish to donate some of their time to help the cuase. If you are interested please click on the link below, fill out the applicaiton and submit it for review. We always have lots of requests so please do not be offended if we do not get back to you immediatly. We do keep every request and at times will decide to rotate the current staff thus having a pool of volunteers to select from makes the administrative staff's lives much easier.
Staff Applicaiton Form.
Advertising on MonsterMayhem
Updated: January 12, 2010
Why advertise with MonsterMayhem?
You can also send us multiple banners so that they can be rotated during the year (you must contact us each time you want to rotate to a new banner as it is a manual process) When the year is up we will hold banners in our database even if you do not wish to renew so that in the future if you want to reactivate your banner we will already have your account pre-configured.
All Banner payments should be made through our Subscription System and not through the donation system.
You will need to fill in:
Please contact us for more information.
Updated: March 19, 2010
This document will give promoters and the MonsterMayhem staff clear explicite direction in the event of an "incident" at one of their shows.
This document is in development and will be posted once finalized.