Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Stafford Springs Re-Cap 2009

Members do not see advertisements
    Saturday July 25 2009 8pm

It was announced that Tom doubled down during the 2pm show taking racing and freestyle.

The 8 pm show was good.

As extra's they had Lawn Mower Races, Freestyle Motocross, and Pro Trucks.

It started off with a wheely competition that was terrible because of the ramp the Track Crew prepared for them. The winner turned out to be Jeremy Slifco in Backdraft.

Then they had racing (Chicago Style Racing). There was a lot of close racing, but in the end Tom Meents took the racing win over Ricky Ownley. Tom's truck actually died before the finish line, but he had such a big lead he was able to roll across the finish line for the win.

Then freestyle started off slow. Both Backdraft and Eradicator had mechanical problems. The rest of the runs were great.

Highlights-

Rickey Ownley in Mopar Magic held a slap wheely for the whole course.

Chuck Werner in Bulldozer had some awesome cyclones and nice air.

Steve Sims in Stone Crusher flipped his truck about halfway through his run.

Chris Baker in El Toro Loco had a solid run.

Randy Brown in Grave Digger had a high tempo run with nice air and donuts.

Tom Meents in Maximum Destruction had solid air great cyclones and about a 4-5 minute freestyle.

Freestyle winner Tom Meents.

Overall it was a great show.
    James

Lets not confuse the tech crew with the dirt crew...

And if the ramps werent set right i gurantee the weather had somethin to do with it..
    *479* Brunswick,Georgia

sounds like an awesome show !
    hats off to tom for his double down.
    Danielle

Quote Originally Posted by Hired Gun View Post
    Lets not confuse the tech crew with the dirt crew...

And if the ramps werent set right i gurantee the weather had somethin to do with it..
    Sorry. That's what I meant. In my opinion there was to much dirt in front of the car stack to be able to get a good wheelie. It just wasn't sending the trucks straight up and down. On the other hand they made an awesome freestyle course.
    James

Pretty good Sunday show. The packed house (literally, they had to open up a usually closed set of bleachers) got what they wanted, and by "what they wanted", I mean Meents taking his truck home in a bag. Stone Crusher didn't run due to the wreck last night. Mopar Magic deservedly won the wheelie contest, which Digger didn't run while they changed out spark plugs. Meents won the rest of the day, over Werner in the racing finals, and then with a wreck-save combo (which I missed the photo of!!!) followed by a full rollover. Great runs from Mopar and Digger as well. I'll have photos later, but I'm dead tired and hungry now lol.
    -Cale Putnam
    Monster Mayhem Administrator, Worcester Polytechnic Institute graduate and The Stig

Leave it to me to take 280+ photos (according to my camera) and have about 1/3 of them serviceable. Here's some of the better ones, but I may post more later (Check out the new Backdraft graphics, BTW):

-Cale Putnam
    Monster Mayhem Administrator, Worcester Polytechnic Institute graduate and The Stig

Backdraft looks sick!!
    Matt Sorensen

---2011 Shows---
    January 7-9 Council Bluffs, Iowa (Monster Jam)
    February 4-5 Fargo, North Dakota (Monster Jam)

I support Feld Motorsports and Bill Payne in Rockstar! Don't like it? Too bad.

wow does meents have a bent front rim!

Members do not see advertisements
    woke up and have felt like total butt all day. No show for me, but still monsters at the konk next weekend. Anyone have any word on whos doing the show this year?
    EDIT- nvm vaters is coming back. btw back draft is finally starting to look good again.

Thread Information