Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Members do not see advertisements
    except that some are a mess (example bigfoot section that has so many photos that dont match chassis numbers) and most of them are not his that he took. therefore not his and he has no right to stick a watermark on them and prance around saying there are his
    Kozak
    #1 Andy Brass Fan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Habit View Post
    ANYONE that knows me, knows that if I did not make the distance I would stay there as long as it took and change the ramp as many times as necessary to make the distance

his Gravedigger section is even worse...
    Shawn Hunsicker
    www.ProTruckChallenge.com
    Owner
    Monster Jam Track Crew

When did he give credit. I personally saw most of the pictures Shawn had on here and alot of them were from news papers, mags, or vids. He then made a point in every thread to say, Shawn does not have permission for photos from his site. I didn't know that through out the entire era of monster trucks, that Taft was a photographer for different mags such as 4wd and such. Then at the same time he shot video for EVERY promotor? Man how did he find the time to do that? So just my reading what he has posted today I do not see where he has givin credit. If he wanted to make some type of justification on what he had done he should have said something along the lines of this today. "Shawn you do not have permission to use the photo's that I have found and used over the decades to help make my website the learning tool it is today." Instead we got "Do not use photos from my site." After all of us are super fans, and whats the chances we have the same mags, sittin in the basment? I know alot of those photo's I have had over the years in various mags. I mean we could dig around, and make the extact same thing he has.
    Matt Ison
    Southern Sunshine Racing Crew Member/ Driver of Cajun King
    Matthew Ison Photography
    Southern Sunshine and Cajun King HAVE rose again!

Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw View Post
    except that some are a mess (example bigfoot section that has so many photos that dont match chassis numbers) and most of them are not his that he took. therefore not his and he has no right to stick a watermark on them and prance around saying there are his

Some of this I agree.

But some of the pictures I have never seen and have been glad to see them. Maybe a "BIGFOOT" guru should help him out? Maybe he doesn't really know what truck is really what?? There are so many versions of each truck, I don't even claim to know every one.

I agree with the watermark as well. His mark should not be on legitimately copyrighted previously published photos and should not be claiming "rights" to them.

T

Quote Originally Posted by isonater911 View Post
    When did he give credit. I personally saw most of the pictures Shawn had on here and alot of them were from news papers, mags, or vids. He then made a point in every thread to say, Shawn does not have permission for photos from his site. I didn't know that through out the entire era of monster trucks, that Taft was a photographer for different mags such as 4wd and such. Then at the same time he shot video for EVERY promotor? Man how did he find the time to do that? So just my reading what he has posted today I do not see where he has givin credit. If he wanted to make some type of justification on what he had done he should have said something along the lines of this today. "Shawn you do not have permission to use the photo's that I have found and used over the decades to help make my website the learning tool it is today." Instead we got "Do not use photos from my site." After all of us are super fans, and whats the chances we have the same mags, sittin in the basment? I know alot of those photo's I have had over the years in various mags. I mean we could dig around, and make the extact same thing he has.

Steve H., Mike K., BIGFOOT and many others I have seen where he wrote "So and so sent me these."

Quote Originally Posted by BIGFOOTIII View Post
    Steve H., Mike K., BIGFOOT and many others I have seen where he wrote "So and so sent me these."
    I have seen a few of these...like with Mace, Schwab, Richard Scott and Wagner sending them to him. But as a whole, does he give credit where credit is due???

http://monsterphoto.iwarp.com/valv.htm

http://monsterphoto.iwarp.com/valvo.htm

http://monsterphoto.iwarp.com/war.htm

http://monsterphoto.iwarp.com/wiz.htm

http://monsterphoto.iwarp.com/whtlght.htm

To any newb, they would assume that he took these photo's, because he did not say he got them from video's and such. Its a double edged sword, he gives thanks for some, and doesn't for others. Though it seems like he gives the thanks for photo's that others have personally taken and sent to him. Maybe to cover his butt? but does not give credit to things he has ripped off. Oh well!
    Matt Ison
    Southern Sunshine Racing Crew Member/ Driver of Cajun King
    Matthew Ison Photography
    Southern Sunshine and Cajun King HAVE rose again!

Quote Originally Posted by isonater911 View Post
    I have seen a few of these...like with Mace, Schwab, Richard Scott and Wagner sending them to him. But as a whole, does he give credit where credit is due???

[
    To any newb, they would assume that he took these photo's, because he did not say he got them from video's and such. Its a double edged sword, he gives thanks for some, and doesn't for others. Though it seems like he gives the thanks for photo's that others have personally taken and sent to him. Maybe to cover his butt? but does not give credit to things he has ripped off. Oh well!
    I did not state that he gave credit to everyone. I'm just making a point that he did give credit to some people who sent in photos. That is better than nothing.

I would not know his reasoning for not giving credit to others.

T

No Double Edged Sword right here, he is claiming ownership of an image he did not take and threatening criminal action against anyone who uses it.
    There was once a truck pull in the astrodome in which many believed Bigfoot 4 did not leave the line. The reality of the situation is that Bigfoot 4 was chained the the astrodome and moved the entire facility 300 feet.

Man, I go out to eat for 2 hours come home and see all of this has happened. Will so much for the history threads then, I guess I will just have to check Monster Mayhem's photo gallery more often now to see for any new pictures updated.
    Jesse Boyce
    JB Racing #43 U-Car
    Co-Owner/Operator Shenandoah R/C Speedway

"I'm gonna be Rockin n' Rollin, Struttin n' Strollin" BIG Ed Beckley

Members do not see advertisements
    Do what ever you want. I am only tring to protect the pictures sent in or that I have collect, is that so bad. I never took credit for anything I got from magazines. Everything sent to me gets the credit given to the sender. I can't beleive you guys attitude.
    You don't have to be afraid of Monsters any more!!!
    www.monsterphotos.com

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information