Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Members do not see advertisements
    I think the major problem was that the lock down tabs would crush also in a funky way the they couldn't be set right.

I didn't know they came with ramps and stuff. I do remember the box or manual saying you could build ramps with wood or a open hard cover book.

i'll have to get upstairs and find some of the stuff. I distinctly remember the rams and stuff having Monster Rodz all over it, the ramp that comes to mind was blue and was tilting ramp, you drive up one side then it tilts and you drive down the other side
    Shawn Hunsicker
    www.ProTruckChallenge.com
    Owner
    Monster Jam Track Crew

Tonka Monster Rodz was also the name of three trucks that came out, perhaps they had a set or accessories too? I only have the yellow van "Monster Worm." There was a semi-bodied one and a regular pickup, blue & red.
    Jason Twite
    [email protected]
    MidwestMonsters.com (collecting dust)

You're confusing the Monster Rods with the earlier "Rip Rock'n Rollers" by Tomy (different company). I had the Worm van and a blue jeep, but not the red pickup. Monster Rods did have regular trucks, with two licensed, Bearly Tame and Master of Disaster.

There's an ad for the Rip Rock'n Rollers below at the 6:03 mark, starring Larry Huffman, no less!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBU9I3g9KZc"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBU9I3g9KZc[/ame]
    -Cale Putnam
    Monster Mayhem Administrator, Worcester Polytechnic Institute graduate and The Stig

ah yes. once again I'm confused. Happens often.

Never saw the Monster Rodz trucks.
    Jason Twite
    [email protected]
    MidwestMonsters.com (collecting dust)

Members do not see advertisements
    Wow, I totally remember these things! I used to have Motorcity Meltdown, Tidal Wave, Scorched Earth, Heavy Metal Mama, and Bad Habit. I think I even still have one of the ramps; though the trucks dissappeared from my youth. The cars were really cool; I remember using them with my RC Blackfoot back in the day. I remember having the tilt ramp; and if memory recalls, didn't they come with green barrels with little checkered flags?

...I want my toys back!
    "Pittsburgh RC Crew"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information