Page 2 of 165 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
    Somewhere between Helle River and London, Ontario

Members do not see advertisements
    Quote Originally Posted by G-MAN View Post
    I looked for the future and he would say his future was in front of you today.
    That one brings tears to the eyes man!!!
    Mike Krieger

Old Skool Monsters Rule!!!

The silent reverence that I have experienced watching this thread develop over the past few days has been nothing short of remarkable. Until very recently, I wasn't familiar with these two trucks beyond a picture in a book I have, and the occasional mention here on the board. As most of you are aware, at one point, I had a gallery dedicated to "Where Are They Now" pictures of old school monster trucks. More often than not, this was a truly heartbreaking venture for me. I saw one after another of the trucks I grew up in awe of rusting away in a field....covered in bird droppings...repainted...rebodied...recycled...part ed out...forgotten. And then a story like this comes along. I feel like a time capsule has opened, and all the bittersweet reminders of a time gone by are sitting right there in front of me. While it is absolutely amazing to see these two machines in perfect working order, I know it has to be difficult for Glenn to rehash these memories. Glenn, I want to personally thank you for opening up this part of your life to all of us. A lot has happened for me recently to rekindle my love for the old school...this is yet another for me. Thank you to Matt, who has stuck his neck out on this one and put an astonished smile on this video man's face. Lord knows I need it right now.

There is one picture that stood out for me....The one of the front axle. That bar coming from frame down to the axle. Looks like same set up Excaliber had. Now here's the thing...This truck was built before Excaliber right? So did owner of Excaliber get the idea from Marty?

"The Big Cheese" Colby, told ya I had something to maybe make that knee feel better..Tim, I honestly have no idea, that maybe something one of the crazy old school guys can answer. I just know Glenn said Mart knew nothing about other trucks when he did this. Oh and ace when you talked about Back to The Future, I think it was our own Colby who made that statment many years ago...
    Matt Ison
    Southern Sunshine Racing Crew Member/ Driver of Cajun King
    Matthew Ison Photography
    Southern Sunshine and Cajun King HAVE rose again!

Hey guys, Have you ever seen a MT climb a pine tree? Matt and I will show you it can be done on a dare of course. I have an excellent photo of this.Who would have ever done anything like that? Mart and his Southern Sunshine!

Quote Originally Posted by G-MAN View Post
    Hey guys, Have you ever seen a MT climb a pine tree? Matt and I will show you it can be done on a dare of course. I have an excellent photo of this.Who would have ever done anything like that? Mart and his Southern Sunshine!
    Now this I have to see to believe this. Glenn, like it has been said before thank you for allowin Matt to take photos of these preserved pieces of time. I just can't wait to see more!
    Jesse Boyce
    JB Racing #43 U-Car
    Co-Owner/Operator Shenandoah R/C Speedway

"I'm gonna be Rockin n' Rollin, Struttin n' Strollin" BIG Ed Beckley

Hey Glenn, do you have a good picture of Mart you could post? I'd like to put a face to the name.

And thanks SO much for sharing these trucks with us!

they are still stunning!!when alot of folks saw their first monster truck it was mostly bigfoot bearfoot or usa1..in our neck of the woods this one was just as awesome as those.i saw scott stephens and pablo the next year when they brought the swb king krunch and coors brewser to beaumont and asked him to sign a book with king krunch in it.it also had the sunshine in it and thats when he told me the owner had passed away he had heard.he said he was a real good guy.thanks gman and thanks matt..again let me know if yall need help.i go to the fire school in sulpher with my job about once a year so i might be able to find my way around town

you know after looking at the rebirth of the vb beast,southern storm,cyclops and now these 2..i believe the old school trucks have a soul or spirit themselves lol.tube frames just cant bring the excitement like these

Somewhere between Helle River and London, Ontario

Members do not see advertisements
    Quote Originally Posted by TXTERROR View Post
    i believe the old school trucks have a soul or spirit themselves lol.tube frames just cant bring the excitement like these
    AMEN to that!!!
    Mike Krieger

Old Skool Monsters Rule!!!

Page 2 of 165 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread Information