Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    884
    Reputation
    12

    Micro Machines Monster Truck Playset


    Members do not see advertisements
    Does anyone here remember/have pictures of the old Micro Machines Monster Truck playsets? I used to have one when I was younger, and from what I can remember, it came with a cardboard sheet, that had a dirt section, and an "asphalt" garage section. The set had a plastic grouping of four junk cars, and a set of grandstands, as well as about 5-10 trucks (mostly customs, if I remember correctly; some I do remember were "BAD Runner," "Cyclone," "Impact Test," "Cowboy," "Wild 1," & "Ouch").

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    All over Illinois
    Posts
    4,740
    Reputation
    10
    If you have an eBay account, you can see a recently completed listing here:

    http://cgi.ebay.com/VINTAGE-Micro-Ma...#ht_500wt_1089

    Great money for the set! My computer at work is freaking out otherwise I'd save the images and post them. Will try later.

    Galoob re-issued the set without the Tuff Trax name and that's the one I have. No differences other than some decal and box change.
    Jason Twite
    [email protected]
    MidwestMonsters.com (collecting dust)

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by DiggerFan View Post
    Does anyone here remember/have pictures of the old Micro Machines Monster Truck playsets? I used to have one when I was younger, and from what I can remember, it came with a cardboard sheet, that had a dirt section, and an "asphalt" garage section. The set had a plastic grouping of four junk cars, and a set of grandstands, as well as about 5-10 trucks (mostly customs, if I remember correctly; some I do remember were "BAD Runner," "Cyclone," "Impact Test," "Cowboy," "Wild 1," & "Ouch").
    Yup. Was thinking about it the other day.

    I remember using a lego baseplate as an MJ stadium, as the standard 4x2 lego brick was the perfect scale for a crush car to those mt's.

  4. #4
    Oh man, that stadium set was amazing as a kid. The amount of time racing Tuff Tracks micro machines on it is beyond belief.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    884
    Reputation
    12
    Thanks for the link, however, I think the one I had was a different set. I think I still have a crush car set from it somewhere, and I'll try to get a pic of that on the weekend.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Saskatoon, SK
    Posts
    341
    Reputation
    9
    The one had didn't have any of the ramps, but it had the cardboard "track/pit" and grandstand, a red plastic lift for the trucks and a crush car set which was just four "cars" molded together
    Dedicated to solving problems Yank Justice - style: With a monster truck and a rope with a hook.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    884
    Reputation
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by Furious Rodimus View Post
    The one had didn't have any of the ramps, but it had the cardboard "track/pit" and grandstand, a red plastic lift for the trucks and a crush car set which was just four "cars" molded together
    From the sounds of it, that's the same set I used to have. I think it also came with a plastic "Start/Finish" banner.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Saskatoon, SK
    Posts
    341
    Reputation
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by DiggerFan View Post
    From the sounds of it, that's the same set I used to have. I think it also came with a plastic "Start/Finish" banner.
    Yea, it did. I forgot about that part. It also came with some trucks that had the small front tires, and one tracked one called "Test Vehicle"
    Dedicated to solving problems Yank Justice - style: With a monster truck and a rope with a hook.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Elizabethtown
    Posts
    233
    Reputation
    12
    I still have one with the monster trucks the super2 whell drive and the mod tractors in my toy collection. thanks Mike

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Pittsburgh-ish
    Posts
    3,336
    Reputation
    19

    Members do not see advertisements
    there are at least 3 or 4 different versions of this set - the version I have is called the "roll down showdown" and it came with the Undertaker truck, and didn't have the built-in carrying case.
    Matt Stoltz

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •