Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Kasey Kahne going to RedBull Racing

Members do not see advertisements
    So I know there are many Nascar fans on here as am I, and it was a shocker to me to learn that Kasey Kahne is going to RedBull Racing for the 2011 racing season. If anyone asked me two days ago where I thought he was going I would have bet the house he was going to either Stewart Hass Racing because its basically Rick Hendrick's second team or Richard Childress Racing because Childress has delegated his Nationwide teams to Kevin Harvick Inc. and has openly said he is putting together a deal to have a fourth Sprint Cup team (mainly because both teams are Chevrolet's also). But getting to the true point, the main reason it was a shocker to me is that Hendrick put him in a Toyota team and not a Chevrolet. I could be mistaken but I thought I herd Hendrick say one of the main reasons he decided to sign him a year early was so that he could put him in a Hendrick Chevrolet so he would be used to the chassis and what not for the 2012 season. Did the move to RedBull Racing come to a shock to anyone else? And who do you think will get the bump at RedBull Racing, Brian Vickers or Scott Speed?

I have learned through the grapvine that Rick has ties over at Red Bull in Jay Frye, and they want to win, so Rick and Red Bull got this deal together. I don't know if it will be a 2 or 3 car team, but Red Bull could be driverless at the end of 2010. No one is sure of Vickers return, and the silly season rumors are Scott Speed is put up or shut up time,or gone like back to tagging the back of F1 fields. Plus Toyota's and Chevy's are the same its just stickers. Its not the nationwide series with brand specific bodies. The guy getting the bump if he doesn't perform is Scott Speed.
    Jump or Pull I must go!

It's a loan, nothing further in all honesty. Kahne will run for Red Bull in 2011, go over to Hendrick in 2012. Hendrick set this entire deal up. And I'd also be willing to bet Red Bull switches to Chevy by 2012 and don't be shocked if you see Mark Martin driving a Red Bull car in 2012 either.

As a huge Kasey Kahne fan I am excited for the future, even if he stayed with Red Bull it'd be an upgrade from that sinking ship. (Richard Petty Motorsports).
    -Jordan Robson

[email protected]

When AJ Allmendinger is your top driver, you know you've got problems.

Quote Originally Posted by massei054 View Post
    If anyone asked me two days ago where I thought he was going I would have bet the house he was going to either Stewart Hass Racing because its basically Rick Hendrick's second team or Richard Childress Racing because Childress has delegated his Nationwide teams to Kevin Harvick Inc. and has openly said he is putting together a deal to have a fourth Sprint Cup team (mainly because both teams are Chevrolet's also).

If memory serves right, SHR is losing Old Spice and RCR is losing Penzoil as sponsors. All the scenerios and options they had for Kasey to run 2011 were carefully evaluated in order to keep him in a seat. RedBull was the best place he could go to without having to worry about trying to find a sponsor for just 1 year.

Quote Originally Posted by starscream24 View Post
    When AJ Allmendinger is your top driver, you know you've got problems.
    The Dinger was done at Red Bull in 08, Scott Speed has had his seat since. The other Red Bull ride has always been Brian Vickers, who made the Chase last year and is now the pass around seat because of his illness.
    Jump or Pull I must go!

Quote Originally Posted by 575Hemi View Post
    If memory serves right, SHR is losing Old Spice and RCR is losing Penzoil as sponsors. All the scenerios and options they had for Kasey to run 2011 were carefully evaluated in order to keep him in a seat. RedBull was the best place he could go to without having to worry about trying to find a sponsor for just 1 year.
    Here are just some ideas for what SH and RCR do. Smoke works with the sponsors of his own team TSR and gets deals for SH done there. So you may see JD Buyrider, Clorox and its family of brands like Armor-All, 409, and more on Smoke's cars. As who knows how long Clorox is with JTG motorsports and Marcos Ambrose. I don't think Bass Pro will jump to much with Smoke since they are heavy with Chip on the #1 and and at RCR as well. Smoke running 2 different race teams and a speedway has connections. I think he will be fine. RCR, I am not sure about they have always seemed to make NASCAR mad with sponsors like Shell and AT&T. I hope they find some sponsorship for Harvick. I think they could use KHI and get jimmy johns and others from there on the cup car. Roush does that to with Carl running Aflac on both cars. I don't know there just ideas.
    Jump or Pull I must go!

Post this stuff on NASCAR mayhem.

Woo! Left turns!
    Last edited by KRMc; August 11th, 2010 at 02:04 AM.
    Kiel McClelland
    [email protected]

it is pretty suprising to see the different manufacturer part of the Kahne equation. With Henderick being tied to chevy. Either way, it's almost a waste, you can't put much money into Kasey for next year knowing he will be gone the following season. Why invest in all the merch, and advertising, etc. I personally think it was stuipid to sign another driver when your at max capacity. Nascar should have stepped in and said you can only have 4 drivers under contract to drive in sprint cup. One for each team, unless they are splitting a car. That defeats the whole purpose of capping the teams. What's next, you'll have owers just signing all the drivers and the smaller teams will have to lease a driver. I guess it's cheaper than operating a whole team, just own a driver. Kasey won't bad mouth the situation publicly, I just wonder what his honest feelings are on the situation as a whole. I'd be feeling pretty screwed about now. Anyone have any lube? If Vickers can't return next year I think he will be done, otherwise Speed is gone for sure.
    No, I don't see any egg, but you spilled Kool-Aid on your shirt while brushing the brown off your nose. Jason Twitte

Members do not see advertisements
    Quote Originally Posted by KRMc View Post
    Last time I checked, this was Monster Mayhem, not 1,000 left-turn-fest.
    Yep, you got the url right, it is the mayhem board. Your obviously looking for the Fan Discussion Forum and not the Community Lounge. Where it says and I quote.
    "Community Lounge Sit back in your lazy-boy recliner and chat away. This forum intends to host any kind of chit chat for all things NOT monster truck related."

No worries, Your welcome.
    No, I don't see any egg, but you spilled Kool-Aid on your shirt while brushing the brown off your nose. Jason Twitte

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information