Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

A new pic I don't have to worry about being pirated anymore!!

Members do not see advertisements

Post Thanks / Like
    Just found my new background for my computer here at work (if it didn't have the "do not copy" on it)...gorgeous work...
    "Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." -Teddy Roosevelt

Christian Riedel
    Crew Chief-Stinger and Boogey Van
    Mechanical Engineer
    Admin of Monster Truck Fab forum

Post Thanks / Like
    only problem I have with that is the "do not copy" right in the middle of the truck, ruining the best part of the photo itselts. I understand the need to protect your photography so others do not claim it as there own or alter it, but thats a bit much.

I do however like that picture of EJ standing next to the truck with its tractor tires on it and the mountain theme on it.

Post Thanks / Like
    There is a BUNCH more to the story of the picture theft Mark. There's a reason for it.
    Chad Fortune 2014 Hall of Fame nominee.

Post Thanks / Like
    ... sad.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by modeltruckshop View Post
    There is a BUNCH more to the story of the picture theft Mark. There's a reason for it.
    care to share. My 1 of 2 assumptions is that its taken before filming of Take This Job and Shove It, the other is that its has something to do with the day USA-1 and Bigfoot met.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

It's a 15 minute job for someone who's good with a photo-editing tool (Corel-Draw or Photoshop) to remove the ŠUSA- 1 4x4 DO NOT COPY & 40 years of American Iron! texts from that pic...

Marcel "MadRat" Degen

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by modeltruckshop View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RnW 13 View Post
    care to share. My 1 of 2 assumptions is that its taken before filming of Take This Job and Shove It, the other is that its has something to do with the day USA-1 and Bigfoot met.
    Part of the reason is that I used Tom & Mike's photo in one of the ebay ads we ran without permission. I had sent Everett a copy of the ad to approve, which he did with the mindset that I was not selling the photo, only using it as a reference for the '70 truck which was mentioned in the ad. Thus, TM & MK were not contacted. Apologies were made, and the photo was removed.

There is at least one other incident that I know of... However, I was not involved, and will not make any comments about it.

The main reason for EJ putting the "do not copy" on this photo is quite simple. He is considering having some limited edition prints/or posters made and selling them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Love the Old School Truck, Always been my favorite style...

Looks Great!
    Disturbed Customs
    1685 West University parkway
    Sarasota FL, 34243
    941-355-4741
    www.disturbedcustoms.com

Post Thanks / Like

Members do not see advertisements
    I thought what modeltruckshop said was "theres more to the photo on the left Mark". was in a hurry ready.

In referance to photo theft, if its on the internet, you cannot stop stop it, photoshop wizards will clear it out in minutes, or edit out certain things and reuse it to there likings.
    Last edited by RnW 13; August 22nd, 2010 at 12:07 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information