Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post your old school t-shirt collections

Members do not see advertisements
    A few years back, I began a small collection of t-shirts. I'm a pretty specific collector; basically I only look for shirts printed before '93, and mainly TNT trucks. Recently, I finally found my holy grail; the '88 Grave Digger Renegades shirt. HOWEVER, I wear all of these on a somewhat regular basis, and the Digger shirt is too big (an XL). So, if anyone is looking to trade, feel free to send me a PM. I'm looking for a Medium or a Large. I actually don't keep anything that I can't wear, but I'm holding onto the Digger shirt until I find one that fits. Also, if anyone is looking to sell any TNT-era shirts, I'd love to check out what you've got. Specifically, I'd love a Night Life, Awesome Kong or Carolina Crusher shirt, but I'm not even sure those exist. I'm also really looking for an '88-'90 Digger mesh hat (like the one Dennis used to wear on TV).Even if you don't want to sell, post what you've got!

Kinda sad to say, but my first thought going through your collection was, "Remember when Digger shirts were awesome?" The only one in recent years I've really liked is the "Tombstone" long sleeve one I'm actually wearing now.
    -Cale Putnam
    Monster Mayhem Administrator, Worcester Polytechnic Institute graduate and The Stig

That Sea World one is nifty.

Ive got that same Bigfoot shirt, I love it.
    TNT Bigfoot shirt from 87
    Ive got a 92ish Grave Digger Polo shirt(the green one)
    have a late 87 Blue Bearfoot Shirt
    Same picture as this white one, just all blue
    Ive got a 90-91 Bigfoot 8 shirt signed by Andy Brass.
    I also have a 1990 4x4 action Monster Truck shirt with an unknown leaf sprung race truck on it

Not Monster Related, but I also have a late 80s vintage black Houston Oilers shirt that I picked up @ a Good will around the time the Oilers went to Tennessee.
    sorry for the crappy cell phone photos. the rest are folded up in a gun safe 3 hrs away.
    the only shirt I would be willing to part with is the Digger Polo. I really like that Stomper shirt

I remember about a year or so ago, there was a 91 Kong shirt on EBAY, it was pretty cool, it was the skinny coil spring truck, but the truck was all yellow instead of orange. It went for an insane amount of $$, IIRC it went for around 80$.
    Last edited by Paul curtis; October 13th, 2010 at 01:15 AM.
    There was once a truck pull in the astrodome in which many believed Bigfoot 4 did not leave the line. The reality of the situation is that Bigfoot 4 was chained the the astrodome and moved the entire facility 300 feet.

$80 for a Kong shirt? Yikes. I've seen the King Kong baseball tee on ebay for $50 now, but it's too small & that truck was before my time. I paid $30 for the Digger Renegades shirt, but that's the most I've ever paid.

well, there was a 4 way bidding war on it that took it from $15 bucks all the way up there, I still am certain it was another Mayhemmer that beat me out for it, and Ive got a few suspects, but no one has ever admitted it...
    There was once a truck pull in the astrodome in which many believed Bigfoot 4 did not leave the line. The reality of the situation is that Bigfoot 4 was chained the the astrodome and moved the entire facility 300 feet.

oh and I am also looking for one of these Shirts, if there are any out there

I remember that Kong shirt auction. I was in it for awhile, but couldn't see forking over that much. No idea who got it. I sold my original King Kong short sleeve shirt that looked a lot like this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/KING-KONG-MONSTE...item588a0f09c3

Mine was black and white only and the truck was on the back with a big gorilla finger in a "#1" pose on the front chest pocket.

This is a very old shirt even pre-TNT, wish it was a wearable size, but its like a Small at best. I have hundreds of shirts, just no shots available of the best/old ones. Just stuff I had for sale a few months ago.

Pretty sure I sold that one too. Ugh, wish I didn't need the freakin' money at the time. I'd buy it back.
    Jason Twite
    [email protected]
    MidwestMonsters.com (collecting dust)

BK55 I wish I could help you with that collection. However I no longer own any of my old TNT shirts (I was a VERY messy kid) To answer your question, K-MART used to sell nearly the entire TNT lineup. Most of them were white shirts. Carolina Crusher, and Clydesdale being the ones I remember most vividly. Keep up the hunt, You'll find 'em
    I'm a designer for hire guys!! www.xstaticdallas.tk

Members do not see advertisements
    Yep, I bought Heavy Metal

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information