Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

USHRA 1-20-07 weekend!?!

Members do not see advertisements
    01/20/07 Monster Jam USHRA Qualcomm Stadium San Diego, CA
    01/20/07 Monster Jam USHRA Raymond James Stadium Tampa, FL
    01/20/07 Monster Jam USHRA Ford Field Detroit, MI
    01/20/07 Monster Jam USHRA H.H.H. Metrodome Minneapolis, MN

Ouch! Those are some BIG shows all the same night. Can't say I care for that. SD isn't too big of a factor as the trucks that would do the other 3 probably don't cross much but the other 3 events, you could have superstars almost anywhere. I would expect all three to be on tv but don't like that they will be taking place on the same weekend. I wanted to see "superstars" concentrated at one event and see that tracked throughout the year. This is only MY oppinion on it, please don't consume me.
    Chris Parrish

www.cpactionart.com
    -updated 3/19/11: Monster Jam St. Louis, MO 2/19/11
    -updated 10/25/2010: Gas Guzzy.com 4x4 Off Road Truck Show Challenge Auburn, IN 10/16/10

CP Action Art/ActionTracks on Facebook

There are a lot of big shows that weekend. Some of LN's biggest shows are that weekend. Its insane to think that there are 8 LN events that weekend and if you were to get 8 trucks at each show...64 trucks that weekend. But I dont agree that you should take all the "superstars" to 1 event for a couple reasons. Biggest one I can compe up with is if you keep them all at 1 show, that show will probably rank in more fans but what about the other shows,attendance might be down at the other shows because the "big names" arent there. The other thing is, Patrick is gonna get a lot of orders for parts on Monday.

+ Toronto wich is not a T.V event but that still has alot of trucks. most of thoese events are atleast 10 trucks each. so thats 50+ + all the other shows that weekend.

I think it's great personally for other drivers that run team trucks to possibly get some TV time.

But yea that's a LOT of trucks never knew we had that many lol... Patricks gotta love it extra job security.
    Dave Collard - Got Safety Holds?

If Minny is getting 3 shows this winter (Dec, Jan, Feb), the January show will consist of "lesser known" trucks. A couple years ago when they had the last January Minny show, they had:

Rolling Thunder
    Grave Digger (Randy Brown)
    Pure Adrenaline (CVH)
    Bear Foot (looked like a piece of crap)
    Monster Patrol (see Bear Foot)
    Samson
    Backdraft
    Eradicator

and a few other "lesser known" trucks.

I expect this to be the case this time as well. The February Minny show is usually packed full of trucks that are probably picks for the World Finals like Meents, Anderson(s), (insert LN trucks here).

They have like 11 shows on 1/27 weekend including Orlando, Indianapolis, Anaheim, and Pheonix. Talk about big hitters. Then they have another 7 shows with probably 6 a show average for them.
    Steve Parry
    www.allmonster.com
    "No one protects you from mayhem like Allstate"

I would think, the January Minny show is the 2nd show. It most likely just got moved from Feb. to Jan.,thats what I would think.

It's not like it's anything new. Last year, 3 stadium shows a weekend was commonplace. They certainly have enough trucks, both owned and privateer, and I definately don't think the talent is getting spread too thin. I also agree Dave, this is potentially a great opportunity for the privateers to be put out in front of 50,000 people in one shot.
    -Cale Putnam
    Monster Mayhem Administrator, Worcester Polytechnic Institute graduate and The Stig

I suppose business-wise and attendance wise, sending big trucks to a variety of events is good because attendance will be higher therefore more $$$. As a fan, I would love to travel long distance to a show, but have a hard time justifying it if it isn't truely a big event with many big name trucks.

It is nice for privateers though and I can appreciate that.
    Chris Parrish

www.cpactionart.com
    -updated 3/19/11: Monster Jam St. Louis, MO 2/19/11
    -updated 10/25/2010: Gas Guzzy.com 4x4 Off Road Truck Show Challenge Auburn, IN 10/16/10

CP Action Art/ActionTracks on Facebook

SunkDuck Guest

Members do not see advertisements
    GoLeafs... SDMFmnChapter knows what he is talking about

Except Backdraft and Eradicator were at the March show that year, not January

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information