Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

return of virginia beach beast progress report....

Members do not see advertisements
    hey guys!! been a while since ive posted here. some of you guys know already that i flew out to virginia to help in the restoration of the beast. its been a lot of fun!! for those who are curious i figured id let you all know how everything is sitting at the moment. robbie wanted to keep as much of the original body as possible, which proved to be **** in some aspects but i was able to save a lot of it. the body is currently lifted off the tank chassis and inside the shop where im able to tear into it freely without the need for ladders n such. lol. anyway as of tonight the body needs nothing more than a bit of finess to be ready for paint. the engine is about done as well and we hope to have the truck completed and running (minus paint) very soon!!

as for the body design, we are not going crazy with this. the truck will still carry the same theme as it does now. a few updates but thats about it. ill be replacing the upper sky blue tone with a platinum silver...and the lower darker blue with an electric blue. stripes will stay the same silver and burgundy except the silver will be a more charcoal color. ive updated the design for the logos as well. the logos will be placed in the same spot...however the "beast" font will be surrounded by shredding metals with willie floatting in water in the backround. we are still in dusscussion about adding a graphic to the hood as well.

in conroe tx me and paul curtis spoke in person about the tribal flame idea me and robbie spoke of....as well as a few other people in pm asked me NOT to do flames on this truck. i turned around and spoke to robbie about it and he promtly went with the peoples choice...told me that if they dont wanna see it we wont do it!! so the beast will remain the same, other than a few updates.

if anybody is interested ill grab a few pictures whenever i can get over there with a camera....and dont worry willie townes...i saved the flares. they now look brand new....fixed the breaks...cracks....warps and all!!

im sure robbie will be checking in on this periodically so feel free to ask anything, im still designing the truck so any suggestions would be great!
    I'm a designer for hire guys!! www.xstaticdallas.tk

It's good to hear things are going well. I'm surprised any of the body could be used at all.When I saw the pics of the tank when it was found(with Christmas lights on it) I had figured the shell would end up as a mantle piece and a replacement was going to be fitted.Those Chevies rust under the best care so ones that sit without windows end up in sorry shape.

how about updates on this one

Truck is almost finshed, Been field tested and all thats left to do is get the logos and hood and tail gate vinyls put on. I'll try to post some of the art work on here as a teeser to Monsters On the Beach.

good to here thank you

Is the plan to make this next Gas Guzzy show??? I know many people would love to see it there.

T

I have had talks with Jeff about coming, as of now tho I will not "say" We will be there but the booking dates for the shows are open for us.

One word.....

PICTURES PICTURES PICTURES PICTURES! I want to see pictures. LOL

<---one biggest VA fans....hey waht you say if I'm in the area, bring my jumpsuit and picture of me as Elvis next to the truck...think that be awesome....and call it...

"Bringing back two great legends" lol

Members do not see advertisements
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerFan86 View Post
    I have had talks with Jeff about coming, as of now tho I will not "say" We will be there but the booking dates for the shows are open for us.
    I have been urged to make plans and I am considering going to GG. I would be coming from Cali and seeing VBB would be awesome!! I thank you in advance if you all can make it. And I would be overjoyed to see VBB in Cali if you every make this way.

T

Thread Information