Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Day Job

Post Thanks / Like

Members do not see advertisements
    Spring / Fall: College student and Theatre lighting wizard.

Winter: Full-time lazy guy.

Summer: Full-time end loader / telehandler / equipment driver, victory lane Gatorade handler / displayer, bike rack mover, fabrication assistant, light tower setter-upper, parade truck fueler, Gator fixer, woodworker, tram expert, demo car picker-upper, the list goes on and on.......

Post Thanks / Like
    Full time Security Guard at Budweiser. Not all its cracked up to be.

I want to get in at the local county prison as a CO.

Post Thanks / Like
    I (and my wife) work at the local Rhino Linings dealer, haul scrap, and do other misc. odd jobs for money.
    Joey Haveman, owner of "The Bandit" pulling tractor, "Whiplash" 2wd pulling truck and "Hog Wild" 2wd econoline puller. http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...s/249370544157

Post Thanks / Like
    I build , and test drivers that store data for big businesses, for a well known computer company. Only a temp job, but I enjoy it.
    James H.

"The weak of the mind will use fist, And the fist of the frail will bring gun. The loudest of guns provoke bombs,
    And in wrath he will chase until it's done."

Post Thanks / Like
    Sheet metal precision company during the day, designing and manufacturing mini-monster go-karts during off time, (hobby)

Post Thanks / Like
    Until i decide to get an internship or something, for right now mine is school and loafing around at home. lol
    i believe every Bigfoot truck at some point in its life should spend time as Snake Bite. even the new ones

Post Thanks / Like
    Full time anesthesia tech (set up OR's, make sure all equipment for the anesthesia team is working, assist with procedures during surgery) while working towards becoming a nurse anesthetist, part time GM tech at a buick/gmc dealer. Starting to make a little money buying and reselling cars.
    Last edited by look-out; December 14th, 2010 at 07:31 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I work in the Marketing Department at Coker Tire Company. It's more than just a tire store, if you're wondering. I'm the Project Editor, which basically boils down to writing and photography. I photograph products (tires, wheels, hot rod parts, etc.) as well as company events, tours, special guests, and cars with our tires on them. Our product photography is handled with a medium-format camera with a digital back, so that was definitely a learning experience.

My writing duties consist of product descriptions, press releases and magazine articles. I handle the Coker Tire and Honest Charley Speed Shop blogs, as well as their Facebook fan pages. I'm writing this on my lunch break, btw.

On the side, I work for several automotive magazine companies on a freelance basis. Magazines such as Hot Rod, Car Craft, Super Chevy, Street Rodder use my work regularly, so I try to stay caught up with freelance work, and at least keep my foot in the door. The end goal is a full-time position at a magazine company. In addition to the magazine stuff, I am also writing a book about Sleepers...aka cars that are much faster than they appear. This has been a 9-month project, and I should be able to have it wrapped up in early January. It is being published by CarTech out of Minnesota and should be on sale in Summer of 2011.
    Tommy Lee Byrd
    Freelance Photographer and MT Artist

Post Thanks / Like
    IT Systems dude..

Post Thanks / Like

Members do not see advertisements
    Quote Originally Posted by ClassicMT View Post
    In addition to the magazine stuff, I am also writing a book about Sleepers...aka cars that are much faster than they appear. This has been a 9-month project, and I should be able to have it wrapped up in early January. It is being published by CarTech out of Minnesota and should be on sale in Summer of 2011.
    Wow, really looking forward to that book!

I'm a pastor with an independent, bilingual church here in Montreal, www.vecoc.org
    Glen Robins
    "All your pretty chrome and paint means nothing if you're watching a pair of shrinking taillights from a primered big-block Vega." -- Jake Amatisto

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information