Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Members do not see advertisements
    Quote Originally Posted by gravedigfan90 View Post
    True but most of us were kids when the character was created. Love the idea of the truck but keep the theatrics in the wwe.
    I don't have a problem with Colt Cobra or Ricky Rattler, I just have it with the Bigfoot vs. Snake Bite video... The problem I had with the nWo truck was that if you watched the Alamo Dome show, you knew Rob Knell was the driver but the next time the nWo truck was ran, it had Chad Fortune trying to keep the driver's identity a secret. The wrestle trucks aren't a problem to me itself. It's no different than Super Hero trucks to me. Monster Wars, I thought the mascots were fine but when they did wrestling promos, THAT was stupid.

The main thing I am saying is that whenever Feld does something that Bigfoot did, it seems more people jump on Feld's **** about it and just gloss over the fact Bob Chandler did the same thing. Either both are guilty or neither are if they did the same thing.
    Michael King, fan of Monster Trucks since birth.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterofTame View Post
    The main thing I am saying is that whenever Feld does something that Bigfoot did, it seems more people jump on Feld's **** about it and just gloss over the fact Bob Chandler did the same thing. Either both are guilty or neither are if they did the same thing.

If Bigfoot was STILL doing it then of course it would be unfair to just jump on Feld, but Bigfoot doesn't. I don't know why you think Bigfoot gets a pass on everything, have you seen their Facebook page? People complain on there in every single post by them about everything from why Bigfoot isn't in MJ, the Chevyfoots, Electricfoot #20, to why aren't all the trucks blue.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HawnMT View Post
    If Bigfoot was STILL doing it then of course it would be unfair to just jump on Feld, but Bigfoot doesn't. I don't know why you think Bigfoot gets a pass on everything, have you seen their Facebook page? People complain on there in every single post by them about everything from why Bigfoot isn't in MJ, the Chevyfoots, Electricfoot #20, to why aren't all the trucks blue.
    They did things that Feld does now but seemingly get the pass because they did it in the past. As for people complaining on Facebook about Bigfoot not being there, I know that happens (even happens here though it has seemingly became the initial post everyone makes on here.), Chevy foot is on here too. But yet people love to bring up the nWo spokesman on here but not Colt Cobra using ether on Andy Brass to replace him as Bigfoot driver in Bigfoot vs. Snake Bite, or the drivers of Scorpion and Dr. Bonz destroying Bigfoot XIV before Monster Trux 2000.
    Michael King, fan of Monster Trucks since birth.

Post Thanks / Like
    I hate all of that stuff too. I guess it's the spectacle, bombast, and over the top imagery that attracts this sort of thing. Somehow people see these trucks (and maybe they seem ridiculous to them) so they think we'll like ridiculous other stuff surrounding them? Who knows? I always thought the real show was the trucks. They're interesting enough to me as is.

Post Thanks / Like
    An extra truck performing in an already stacked lineup? A truck that clearly will be run into the ground each time as well? Sounds fantastic to me, no matter what the storyline behind it is.
    Dave Collard - Got Safety Holds?

Post Thanks / Like
    I thought feld's other shows were all about theatrics.(disney on ice, the circus and that new marvel comic thing) I dont mind a little bit spilling over into monster jam. I wouldnt let this doomsday mystery over shadow an awesome show. I made my first visit from Tucson to Houston and it was worth every penny. So cal racing on a big stadium floor was action packed. The in between round monster truck freestyle side show type thing was quite suprising. Some of the biggest air and fast paced freestyle runs I have ever seen outside of the world finals. You guys that live close to a big stadium are really lucky and by close I mean a couple hundred miles. As far as doomsday it was a nice treat to end the show. Pretty sure it was tom. you could see a grey fire suit through the window.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thats what this is......to coincide with the N.E.A. truck. May be like the FDNY truck and inferno when they debuted it the FDNY. Or maybe they'll do sumthin a lil differnt. But theyll keep with the secret stuff like snake bite and bigfoot and the wrestle truck drivers, to add hype and talk.
    Gotta live feld fir trying to get more things goin to make more money. But I dnt mind it....

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Collard View Post
    An extra truck performing in an already stacked lineup? A truck that clearly will be run into the ground each time as well? Sounds fantastic to me, no matter what the storyline behind it is.
    Exactly! I don't understand all of the whining and complaining. Remember, a lot Feld does is for family entertainment...kids who will beg the parents to go back next time the trucks come to town, not online enthusiasts and collectors.

I bet that driver was Meents if not confirmed. It looks like his driving style and he was the choice for the FDNY truck last year too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyDad View Post
    Exactly! I don't understand all of the whining and complaining. Remember, a lot Feld does is for family entertainment...kids who will beg the parents to go back next time the trucks come to town, not online enthusiasts and collectors.

I bet that driver was Meents if not confirmed. It looks like his driving style and he was the choice for the FDNY truck last year too.

Because in the end that isn't free, it comes at a cost both in higher ticket prices and in merchandise. There is also the larger impact that the public is being "educated" to think that that's what monster trucks is about, a demolition derby with WWE theatrics. That puts the burden on other promoters as the new "fans" expect that in a show. And if indeed that was Meents in the driver seat then that meant another driver didn't get a chance to compete with a perfectly good truck.

This is why I appreciate drivers like Donald Epidendio in Titan. He goes out and DRIVES his butt off and proves the point that putting on a good show doesn't mean you have to end up on your roof or with the truck in pieces. I selfishly hope he never becomes a Feld driver, although for him it would probably be better since he only drives his own truck part of the year, because I think it might change his driving style.

Post Thanks / Like

Members do not see advertisements
    Doomsday in Atlanta
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-HULFUB65A

The driver is obviously not Tom now. It could be Dennis, or Ryan, or even Rod. But I think it's Kreg Christianson. Think about it, he vacated the seat to Max D, the driving style fits, and I'm pretty sure I recall someone on here saying that he would be coming back to Monster Jam with a new ride...

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information