Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Monster Truck Destruction - iPhone / Android Game in Development

Members do not see advertisements
    Hi Guys,

My name is David O'Donoghue and I'm one of the programmers developing Monster Truck Destruction for the iPhone.

Firstly I'd like to say thanks to ChromeThunder for linking to our latest youtube video and making us aware of this forum.

We're trying to create a game that caters to the casual market but there are some things we didn't want to sell out on:

1) Damage system - We are aiming for a deep damage system, dents, crackable panels, pieces of the panels half detached and flapping around

2) Truck Physics - The truck must rely on physics as much as possible with jumps and saves relying on the user and not some quick time event.

3) Sound - Tires slip and engines rev higher, gears change and engines rev lower, crowd ambience and cheers should relate to your performance etc.

4) Graphics - Due to limitation of the iPhone hardware we were a little limited in this department but we've done everything we can to ensure this is one of the best looking games on the iPhone.

Things we're gonna change since visiting this forum .... More specifically this post: http://www.monstermayhem.org/forums/...gn+turn&page=4

1) Scoring system - We're abandoning the "Tony Hawk" scoring system and using a similar system used by ATX MX Reflex.

Scores will be shown at the end of a run and will be out of ten for each category Speed, Aggression, Momentum, Jumps and Tricks

2) Back flips & Spins - Unrealistic spins have been removed and the user must use the physics of the car and large jumps to achieve this (very hard).

Back flips are still in but they are very hard to do and rely solely on physics (jumps with reversed lips can send a monster truck into a back flip with enough speed)

3) Sound - Engine sound is being upgraded to include exhaust, the crowd will play a bigger role in scoring and their cheers will be more varied.

4) Braking Physics - You will have to use the brake more often within the smaller levels and its correct usage will be judged under "Momentum".

Things we are not able to provide (sorry guys, maybe next time).

1) Garage - Our original idea included upgrades for all components of the truck and painting but since we are a 2 man team we are unable to provide a detailed garage.

It's possible we will include this in an update or sequel but there's no guarantee.

2) Licensed Trucks & Venues - How awesome this would have been but we definitely do not have the resources to offer licensed trucks and venues.

3) Drags - Another idea that has succumbed to the fact we don't have enough man power.

4) Time trials - We are including time trials but we aren't able to provide an on screen opponent.

5) Career - Our game is aimed the casual market and does not include a career option.

We're still in development and are open to suggestions, wish lists or dreams Please feel free to comment on this thread? Anything you say, will and can be held against you?

Regards,
    David O'Donoghue
    Last edited by oddgames; February 7th, 2011 at 07:46 AM.

sounds like a great app! Dont have an iphone but if it comes out for iTouch im all over it! Maybe you could make a game mode where its called free play and you just pick any track and have unlimited amount of time. and another thing

MAKE A REALISTIC GAME FOR PS3 OR XBOX

all and all sounds great!

i honestly admire your efforts in publicizing this game and i do want to have it when it comes out.
    but advertising is advertisng and it has not been look upon happily in recent years on the internet.
    not anyones fault money is money.

PS:: looks great by the way! oh, and any particular targeted release date?
    Last edited by nome66; February 5th, 2011 at 10:20 PM.
    i believe every Bigfoot truck at some point in its life should spend time as Snake Bite. even the new ones

Any chance of making this available on Android phones?

Looks good, and sounds like it will be a fun game when it's published.

@tazfan17 - Great idea, we'll make sure we add Freeplay as an unlockable option with one of our updates

@nome66 - The post is a shameless advertisement but we're taking comments from this forum very seriously as it seems the users are very committed to Monster Truck games and Monster Trucks in general.

@ThePhotoDemon - The game will be released on Android. If it's not on launch day it wont be too long afterwards.

Cool. Any idea what it will cost?

If you need any testers when it comes out for Android....

Costs are currently undecided for Android but Monster Truck Destruction will cost $2.49 AUD in the AppStore.

I doubt pricing for the Android will be any different.
    www.oddgames.com.au - facebook - youtube

Currently working on Monster Truck Destruction for iPhone/Android

Like us on Facebook to receive regular updates on Monster Truck Destruction!

That looks awesome. When does it come out for the iphone?

Release date is not locked down yet, it wont be during February but i will definately be before May.
    www.oddgames.com.au - facebook - youtube

Currently working on Monster Truck Destruction for iPhone/Android

Like us on Facebook to receive regular updates on Monster Truck Destruction!

Members do not see advertisements
    Looks cool.
    "I'm made of metal
    My circuits gleam,
    I am perpetual,
    I keep the country clean."
    -Judas Priest
    "Electric Eye"

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/pr...89&ref=profile

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information