Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Super modified truck pullers. Bringing it back

Members do not see advertisements
    1st time post for myself. I was poking around the net and just happened to come across an old post "Super Modified"

I tried to revive the Super Modified thread but since its so old it wont let me.
    All of the puller trucks talked about in this post brought back a lot of memories for me. Growing up my summer vacations were spent traveling from truck pull to truck pull. My Dad has for a long time and still to this day runs his pull truck all over the west coast "Back Seat Driver".
    Based out of the Portland area we were able to go north or south. We hit all the pulls in Oregon (Washington county, Banks, Memorial Coliseum, Newport, Sublimity, Pendelton, Portland Meadows, Autzen Stadium, Salem, K-Falls, Grants Pass, Redmond, Woodburn along side the drag strip, The Dalles...) Washington (King Dome, Tacoma Dome, Lynden, Chehalis, Spokane, Tri-Cities, Elensburg, Wenatchee, Yakima...) California (Turlock, Yreka, Crescent Ctiy....mostly N Cal) Canada (BC Place, Victoria, Williams Lake, Abbotsford.....I am sure there is way more I missed because it used to be every weekend we were on the road.

RB Slagel-Diesel 4x4 Phoenix
    Jim Green-Green Elephant Mod 4x4 camer motor, Harwood Hooker bown 2wd, Multi engine tractor dont remember the name.
    Iron Butterfly- Monster Truck
    Mike Welch-Monster Mash-Destroyer-Super Pete
    I really liked those Falcon trucks from back in the day.
    Old anouncer Fat Albert-had a topless Blazer I think, in 4x4 Mod called Fat Albert.
    Frank Wolkes- old truck Foot Loose blown 2wd.
    Frank Martilas - Farm Boys Toy Mod 4x4

There were a ton of trucks but cant think of all of them. A few of the trucks from back then are still running today. Agent Oragne, Back Seat Driver, Double Ugly, Moonlighter......

Hope this gets the thread gonig again!!

Thank you,
    DragonSlayer

Sounds like some good times. You must have lots of pics for us then???

cool cant wait

i live ten minutes from lynden washington and have met your dad. real nice guy and his puller is one of the coolest ones i have seen. cait wait to see the pictures you have
    Joey Haveman, owner of "The Bandit" pulling tractor, "Whiplash" 2wd pulling truck and "Hog Wild" 2wd econoline puller. http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...s/249370544157

Were you guys located? ? I work over in the Portland OR area and have good friends of mine who are family with the strodes in Oregon they ran the T-Time an another pulled for a few years I can't think of the name at the moment, But its good to see another person around that was at all the same shows I grew up going to, Tractor pulls an monster truck shows all up an down the west coast watching these things run.... Very cool!!!.

cant wate for the photos

Lynden was a good show, put on by Ron Winters and his family. That family knew how to put on a good pull! Only thing I didnt like on Sunday that town was shut down.

Quote Originally Posted by R.R.I View Post
    Were you guys located? ? I work over in the Portland OR area and have good friends of mine who are family with the strodes in Oregon they ran the T-Time an another pulled for a few years I can't think of the name at the moment, But its good to see another person around that was at all the same shows I grew up going to, Tractor pulls an monster truck shows all up an down the west coast watching these things run.... Very cool!!!.
    Yep I konw the Stodes Gaston Oregon I think. They were in the sport for many years. Jerry was an innovater in the sport that put together many trucks from 2wheelers, micro minies, Modifieds and the ever famous car eating machine shoot the name escapes me right now. Going to post up some pics here shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by car66 View Post
    i live ten minutes from lynden washington and have met your dad. real nice guy and his puller is one of the coolest ones i have seen. cait wait to see the pictures you have
    Can you post the 10 minutes you got?

Members do not see advertisements
    Here is a pic of my Dad's truck as you can see he does in fact drive from the back seat. This pic was at Sublimity in the last couple of years.

Another pic Sublimity 07 Back-Seat Driver going down the track.

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information