Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

The Silverdome is dying

I can't hear the name Silverdome without thinking of all the classic USHRA shows in the 80s. Seeing an event there would have been a religious pilgrimage for me as a twelve year-old.

Pretty sad to see the shape it's in now. It's not officially slated for demolition, but I can't imagine that it's far away after seeing these pictures. From what I understand, literally everything inside the stadium is for sale.

http://detroiturbex.com/content/park...ome/index.html

Know some monster truck historians,wanted to get some of the seats out of the Silverdome and set up at the museum in Alburn, with videos of monster trucks playing that you could watch from the Silverdome seats.But since they no longer have any thing to do with the museum,it probably wont happen.

What happened to this stadium breaks my heart. I went to 3 or 4 events there included the last show with 18 trucks. It was a great venue for monster jam. I wonder what will happen to the property as its like 15 miles from where I live.

oh man that sucks because it used to be awesome in there
    Blaze

A shame. Breaks my heart.....hate seeing that or anything along those lines going to waste!

The Astrodome in Houston is just sitting there collecting dust, I may add. They auctioned the seats yet no one knows what wll become of its fate. And like the Silverdome, it also has a great history of monster truck action.

First monster truck show I went to was in 96 at the silverdome a 4 years old. For my birthday last year, pops bought me a seat out of the dome.

As of 7/23, the Oakland press announced that the Pontiac Silverdome parking lot will host a drag racing event.

http://www.theoaklandpress.com/gener...-at-silverdome

Gd to see that land will be used, but a real shame the dome is jus sitting. Invest something into it in order to get more money off of it. Hate seeing something like this just waste...

The problem is, the city of Pontiac is broke and the owner of the stadium has no clue what to do with it now. I work across from them dome and its sad to see everyday.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information