Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

To everyone that said it "Couldn't be done"

Members do not see advertisements
    I have been a member of this board now for about 7 years an i have had my rants an raves an i have shared info when people asked but for the most part i try to use this forum for information on the industry an kinda keep up with what' going on. Over the years there is one post that has been posted numerous times that I have never posted on an I would like to adress those post now.

There have been many times i check out the mayhem board an see a new post that says "can i take out a loan an buy a monster truck?" or " im thinking about borrowing money to buy an monster truck!". I have seen these types of post over an over on here an its always the same answer on them all. "NO" everyone always says "no you can do it" " its not possible" "there is to much other stuff". Well 5 years ago I was just like those people that posted those new thread an wandered if it could be done, an I an PROUD to say "YES it can be done"
    On Tuesday of this week I paid off my buisnes loan that I got from the bank back in 2009 that I used to buy my first monster truck. It has been a very long road to travel to get here with plenty of speed bumps an detours but I made it. I know im not on TV everyday tearing my truck all to pieces an im not on the video thread every weekend but i am a true independent team with out any sponsors to pay my bills. But for 5 years now i have managed to keep the monster truck running ,build another monster truck, keep food on the table an a roof over my family's head. So I am here to say to all those dreamers out there if you want it bad enough you can make it happen with a bank loan. It takes a very stritck budget an it takes alot of patience an planning but i am proof it can be done. The new truck is getting ready for a new engine an the old truck will be new again by the end of the year an you should be seiing the strait jacket team grow to two trucks. Im soory if this post offends some of you or seems like im but in a way i am, i am very proud of the accomplishment i have made an only have plans to keep going from here an get bigger an better every year.

Thanks
    :thumbsup:Kevin King
    Strait Jacket Monster Truck:yo::flagusa:

Congrats. Whenever a business venture proves to reach and exceede their debt, that's a great thing. I've seen pictures and some footage of your truck and think it has always looked sharp, especially since going to the old skool body. I am eager to the new truck and wish you the best. On a side note, will you be doing any of feld's shows in Central Florida this winter?

congrats. when will you write a novel about this for the rest of us?
    monster truck fan for over 20 years. man i'm old.
    "Posts means nothing, it's all about knowledge."
    bacardi 151, 75% alcohol, 25% filler.
    "UGH, MY GOOD CHINA!" "dishes done."

Hey GWASAM.
    I hope to be doing orlando again an jacksonville next year but its to early to tell right now

If you do Orlando, I will definately go. Do you know of any promoters that do shows in Florida during the winter other than feld?

Not sure

Very niceive said in thebpast it'd be hard, but it could be done. U showed it. U have a full time job too? U obviously were able to make enough to have money to build another!!

Congrats Kevin,

Thank you for this post. It gives me and hopefully others that are reluctant to get into the industry incite that with hard work, forward thinking, and a bit of penny pinching that we can own and operate a team and be competitive in the industry. Your current truck is awesome btw, the retro body, color scheme, and wrap are real eye openers. I've actually shown non monster truck people pics of your truck and all of them have said that even though they're not fans of monster trucks, that they really like your vehicle, so keep up the good work.

Wannadrive1. Monster trucks are my full time job!! The monster truck is all i have done for a job sence i took out my buisness loan It pays all the bills an keeps food on the table. So this is my only job an full time isnt the word for it Its a life style. Not just a job

Members do not see advertisements
    Wow. That's what I like to see!! U need to put a build-up/story at least how u got started.......u had a garage or something of some sort? If u could do what Jeff strand did, wouldnlove to find out more info!! And u have a Facebook?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information