Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

MLMT What Happened???

Members do not see advertisements
    Hey Guys I hit the search on this one but couldn't find anything, I Can't beleive I missed this great series but I 1. was not a member of this site at the time, 2. the races where no where near me, and 3. I'm pretty sure I was in afghanistan when this all started, but any way I have been watching VIDS of the Major League Of Monster Trucks series and Man what great racing and track layouts they had, as well as the excitement of having most of the events at Nascar tracks, A great place to watch the monsters I would think. What happened to this series I know it went backrupt but it seemed like they had everything in place to be really successful.
    TEAM MAX-D

I kinda want to find about about this too. Most of the shows I saw on their website were pretty close to me, but I never did find out about them in time or when we could afford them. I never saw more than the photos on their homepage though.
    Well, I got a car. not what I was hoping for but it's a great little thing. If anyone in or around the mid-south area needs help with a show or around the shop, shoot me a message! I don't know much about it but I'd love to learn all about it and help out any way possible.

TN Outlaw A.K.A PM Customs
    CEO, President, and Head Designer at The MTM2 Truck Factory (now taking applications!)
    Lifelong Monster Truck Fan and, maybe someday, owner of my own race truck.

Cliff notes: no money=no shows. Went too big too soon and wasn't given a chance to grow. The economy taking a dump didn't help either.
    -Jeremy Bunting

I went searching for info and found this open letter that Kyle Doyle wrote to the heads of MLMT. I think this might give a little insight to what happened,though I doubt we'll ever know for sure. You have to scroll down the page a little bit,but it's there:

http://tmbexhaustfumes.blogspot.com/

MLMT was what we all wanted to see;a LEGIT monster truck racing organization. It's such a shame it fizzled out as quickly as it arrived. At this rate,the only way we'll ever get a legit monster truck racing series is if someone takes over Monster Jam and completly flips it upside down. That,or yours truly hits the Powerball or Mega Millions.
    Last edited by CMDeerfoot; October 21st, 2011 at 02:38 AM.
    The one and only Mr.Beardman
    BIG TIME CLYDESDALE FAN

Friend me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.p...00002892618862
    Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/CDeerfoot
    Subscribe to my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/MonsterBeardMan/videos
    Dallas, Georgia

I liken the whole situation to the creation of a new sport instead of letting it grow.

Things like the XFL (seirously, I'm counting this), the World Combat League (seriously who remembers this aside from the fact Chuck Norris was associated with it?), Slamball, and COUNTLESS other "sports' were created and presented as the next big thing because someone needed TV time to fill and they were sure it would make money.

Same with the MLMT. Too big, too fast. Monster trucks already followed the natural growth of a sport in the 1980's from exhibition, to racing, to today. It was gradual, and natural progression. If they had attempted to partner with other promotors and try to make a blanket organization within time it would've been a success. But instead they threw everything in one basket and said "Yeah we're gonna do this so big it's gonna be awesome and successful"

I know I'm over simplifing things here and such. But this is how I see the whole thing. Too much, too fast, and before it even got out of the gate, the plug was pulled.
    For the love of god, if you're gonna give a link to a picture or a video as a part of a discussion. DON'T LINK TO FACEBOOK. Some of us (ME INCLUDED) don't use it!!!!

Also, MLMT no longer exists as even a regional promotion, as Joe Froome was arrested on charges of growing marijuana without a valid license exactly two years ago.

EDIT: I did some research and it appears that Joe (who posted bail after the arrest) has still not been put on trial, as the case keeps being postponed. The current scheduled date for the hearing to begin is November 21st.
    Last edited by Kouvre; October 21st, 2011 at 05:56 AM.
    No matter how stupid Mayhem gets, it's ALWAYS a source of entertainment, even if the entertainment is unintentional.

I always enjoyed how everyone loved and praised this series when it came out, and instantly condemned it when the first sign of something bad showed. Yes it had issues internally with management and other areas, and Froome really messed up with the mary j, but its one of only 3 companies that have made an attempt to even try and go for a legitimate series, and I praise them for that reason alone.

The closest series we have is CFP points series, however trucks aren't booked evenly to really do that a legitimately, but they are getting closer and closer each year. Monster Jam still invited a majority of there trucks before they give the popular independent (Stone Crusher/Backdraft/Bounty Hunter) a spot in the World Finals. Special Events showed Bigfoot only 40 points ahead of HBR, yet Dishman will even state he whooped Foot every time he raced him(which in turn would mean he should have had more points than Foot), so it seems a bit wishy washy with there series now(Granted they are still great shows). So what else is really out there that we can deem legit or close enough?

Nobody else has really stepped up since then besides MTC until the business issues with them happened, and then Old Skool Motorsports LLC, and they get the high five for managing to bring USA-1 out to a show. They may be short lived but the point is atleast someone tried.
    Last edited by RnW 13; October 21st, 2011 at 10:33 AM.

Special Events showed Bigfoot only 40 points ahead of HBR, yet Dishman will even state he whooped Foot every time he raced him(which in turn would mean he should have had more points than Foot), so it seems a bit wishy washy with there series now
    Just because you beat a guy every time you meet in an elimination format doesn't mean that it dictates how the points fall over a whole season. For 5 times that Dishman may have beaten Runte in the finals (just throwing numbers out), the one time that they didn't meet where Dishman goes out in round 1 and Runte wins the event instantly offsets that.

As far as the MLMT goes, there were simply a number of things that shouldn't have gone wrong but did. Here is a fantastic article that Kyle did with Rich Schaefer that covers the '07 and '08 seasons of MLMT and MTC that could have vaulted the sport into a new era, but instead dragged one of the greatest promotors in our sport (Rich) through a mess of problems and shady businesspeople.

http://monsterblog.lzsportsource.com/kd_110408.htm
    Matt Stoltz

such a shame, those were the best events that were ever put on. Hopefully there's some way that those type of shows will return in the future on a large scale.

Members do not see advertisements
    Big Venue + Huge Line-up+Not all seats sold= Going in negative to start with.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information