Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Pics from a 1990 monster truck shootout

Members do not see advertisements
    Hello guys,
    I'm new to the forums but have been a guest viewer for about a year. I've been following monster trucks since the late 1980s and have gone to dozens of shows in Wisconsin, Minnesota, and Michigan. This includes TNT races at the Milwaukee Mile, Penda races in Union Grove (Snakebite crash), Camel/USHRA races at the Pontiac Silverdome, and Feld races at the Metrodome. I was only 3-5 years old when I attended some of those trademark events (thank God for YouTube so I can appreciate them more now) and don't have pictures of most, but I recently found a couple photo albums my Dad took of shows 1990-1996 featuring trucks regularly discussed on this site, including some of the rare ones back in their prime.

Here are a few selected pictures you might enjoy from May 20th, 1990, at the Marathon County Fairgrounds in Wausau, WI (in the following reply)

Post Thanks / Like
    See the reply below, when I have enough posts to qualify for posting pics.
    Last edited by Xander505; November 19th, 2011 at 09:01 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Pictures from the event.. Notable drivers: Fred Shafer, Rob Fuchs, John Seasock, Jim Miller

Post Thanks / Like
    Fantastic pics, Xander! Thanks for posting, and welcome to Mayhem!
    Glen Robins
    "All your pretty chrome and paint means nothing if you're watching a pair of shrinking taillights from a primered big-block Vega." -- Jake Amatisto

Post Thanks / Like
    Those are some great pics Xander;I love seeing these beautiful beasts in their prime. Thanks for posting them and welcome to Mayhem!:thumbsup:
    The one and only Mr.Beardman
    BIG TIME CLYDESDALE FAN

Friend me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.p...00002892618862
    Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/CDeerfoot
    Subscribe to my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/MonsterBeardMan/videos
    Dallas, Georgia

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the welcome you guys! I'm glad you like them. I will try and post some more old photos in the coming days/weeks when I have time to scan them in. Rather than start a new thread for the time being, here are a couple more pictures from an smaller event later that summer at KNB Raceway in Eagle River, WI. I'm sure you will recognize First Blood and Pony Express from TV, but I haven't seen Insta-Gator or Granite City Crusher at any other events. Also, gotta love the old school make-shift hauler in the back of the tough truck picture (before everyone had fleets of semis).

orignally, Cudahy WI, Currently Waddell AZ
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the board, however John Seasock did not drive that Sudden Impact. This particular Sudden Impact was the former Blackhawk which was driven by Greg Piontek. The truck was from Cudahy, WI. Cool pictures non the less.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the correction! I wasn't 100% on all the names (I was 4 when these were taken), just remembered seeing Seasock later on in Sudden Impact and assumed he drove the earlier one as well. Good to see another (originally from) WI guy on the boards!

orignally, Cudahy WI, Currently Waddell AZ
    Post Thanks / Like
    No problem, my dad had a hand in helping build that truck on a small scale.

Post Thanks / Like

Members do not see advertisements
    Awesome shots. Never seen that Insta-Gator truck before.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information