Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Talking New Pictures of Little Big Swede and Big Swede Trax

Members do not see advertisements
    I have scanned these pictures from the swedish 4 Wheel Drive magazines. The pictures of Little Big Swede were originally published in 1991 and the pictures of Big Swede Trax appeared in 1993. These photos are taken when both vehicles were new and in great shape. Thought you might think it would be fun to see how these vehicles used to look, since the other photographs that's been posted onto this forum only show them in their current kind-of-crappy state. Both vehicles were featured on the cover of the magazines they were in.

Little Big Swede on the Cover

Little Big Swede together with Monster Trucks Big Swede and Dunderklumpen

The Ford Prefect body can be hydraulically lifted

Little Big Swede in Action

A Ford 351 cui V8 powers the Little Big Swede

Arne Linding inside the Little Big Swede

The Radiator Fan sits in the trunk of the Ford Prefect Body

Differential and Gear Box moulded into one piece that alone weighs 1 ton!

Big Swede Trax on the cover

The Big Swede Trax floats on top of snow, but the Tracks are sensitive of Rocks and Stumps

Actually, there's a quite interesting story behind Big Swede Trax. It was a boom year and Arne got sponsors for a build that was supposed to be called Super Big Swede. A Monster Truck on 72 inches tires, dual engines and other fashionable parts. The project had a large budget, but suddently the bank screw away the money, and sponsored pulled out of the project. This resulted in the build-up of Big Swede Trax, a small-budget-monster-tank. It costed only 1500 $ to build. Super Big Swede had a budget of 75 000 $.

If you would like to know more about these vehicles, do not hesitate to ask. I will try to reply as good as I can.

//Sebastian
    Big Swede, Little Big Swede and Big Swede Trax.

thanks

Sebastian,

thanks for posting those. I have just purchased a 13 "4 Wheel Drive" magazines from Sweden and expect them in the next week or two. I am eyeballing those two issues and some others as we speak including one with "Dunderklopen" in it.

I would have loved a "Super Big Swede", that would have been awesome. Whats Arne doing nowadays? Every once in a while I will find a recent pic of Big Swede online. Take care and thanks again for sharing.

Rich
    Old school monster truckin maniac.

Allright, did you buy them from tradera.com, Sweden's answer to Ebay?
    I've noticed those magazines pop up there a while ago. I got them all, except from the issue with "Dunderklumpen" in it. Would you like to scan those pages for me when you get ahold of the magz?

I got the 4 Wheel Drive Magazines featuring the Big Swede vehicles and a Big Swede T-shirt from the editorial staff at the magazine. I got it as a christmas gift when I was around 10-11 years old, in reply to a letter I sent them with an enquiry of buying these issues of the magazine. That was one of the best christmas gifts that year, for sure.

I would also love to see a Super Big Swede. I keep telling myself that it is never too late. Maybe Arne realizes this vehicle sometime? Haven't spoke to Arne in person for years, but as far as I know he's still in the Wetland business, cleaning up overgrown lakes with his modified vehicles.
    I sent him a letter before christmas, asking what he's going to do with Little Big Swede. It hasn't been used since 1996 and stands in front of his shop today, exposured to all kinds of weather and a LOT of sun. The paint job is so faded, it's about to fall off anyday. I also asked in the letter if it's for sale. Since it's my favourite vehicle of all time, I can't stand it watching it rot (just like SOG and Top Gun in front of Madrid Restaurant) in front of his shop. I want to fix it back up into the condition you can see in the pics i posted earlier in this thread.

//Sebastian

yes

Sebastian,

yes I did win the magazines off of Tradera.com . I am looking forward to getting them and bidding on more. There is one on there now with "Dunderklumpen" on the cover. I will do my best to scan and copy them for you. Thanks again for copying those articles.

Rich

Rich, have you gotten your magazines yet?
    I would love to see scans of the issue where Dunderklumpen was featured!

well, I only won 5 of the 13 I bid on. No Dunderklompen. The magazines I won had "King Kong", Super Monster", "Rollin Thunder" and "Miss All American". There was alsoa feature article on "Gutefot", a swedish Jeep on tractor tires that appeared in an issuer of 4 Wheel and Off-Road over here !

Members do not see advertisements
    Fresh Video footage of the '89 Original Big Swede.
    Featuring the Swedish Motor Show "Motorsystrar" (Motor Sisters).

Big Swede is featured between 05.05 - 10.05 inside the Web TV-clip in the link below.
    Enjoy! The Clip is entirely in Swedish, so I guess many of you won't understand a Word.
    The talk is most mech-tech talk, that says the Engine is a Ford 460 CUI V8, powers 300 HP, The Body can be raised with Hydraulics with the driver inside and all the equipment besides the gear lever. The Axles are both Front axles from a Volvo Truck, which enables the 4 wheel steering and possibility to crab-steer sideways. The tires are mounted reversed to gain speed in water, working as paddles. The transfer box powers the rear and front axle, and a third axle that powers the rear mounted brass propeller. Big Swede is registered as both a Rubber Boat in water and Forest Machine when on dry land.

I guess that's about it.

http://www.svt.se/motorsystrar/se-pr...autostart=true

Thread Information