Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

monster jam in charlotte sucks why not do it at panthers stadium?

Members do not see advertisements
    ok maybe its just me but im gunna go ahead and say it..monsterjam at time warner fn blows!ive been wondering why they dont strike up a deak and do a big show at panther stadium like they do at other football fields i mean its freakin huge and theyd sell alot more tickets and put on a MUCH better show?what do u guys think?

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, the first thing I think is please spell out your words and attempt to use readable grammar. Also, there are a lot of variables that go into large monster truck shows. Such as, contracts, insurance, hauler parking, and well the fact some large football fields are made for just that, football. Some owners don't want to chance their field or stadium getting damaged. On that note, some stadiums just don't have entrances and causeways into the stadium large enough for monster trucks, loaders, dumptrucks, and various obstacles a big stadium would have. Also, small stadium shows don't "fn blow" they are just a completely different animal than the big stadium shows, yet still just as entertaining in their own different ways. That's my opinion.
    Robbie Milburn...yeah, thats about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'd actually prefer they have it at Charlotte Motor Speedway. If they can do MLMT there, they can do Monster Jam there.

Either way, they have got to get a better show in North Carolina, since it's the home state of Dennis Anderson.
    WarthogDriver,

Formerly IL250624

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by IL250624 View Post
    I'd actually prefer they have it at Charlotte Motor Speedway. If they can do MLMT there, they can do Monster Jam there.

Either way, they have got to get a better show in North Carolina, since it's the home state of Dennis Anderson.
    The current show at Charlotte Motor Speedway (Dirt Track) is one of the best summer shows out there.
    Austin "Auz" Grams - Motorsports Fan

Post Thanks / Like
    You guys NEED TO UNDERSTAND when it comes to monster truck shows at various venues you can't just say,"Hey, this place looks like a cool place for monster trucks!" And just do it, it takes a lot of planning and negotiation.

Post Thanks / Like
    The small monster jam venues aren't very good. Only the big shows are good
    Stripling Warrior monster truck racing team (see our facebook page) for rebuild updates
    http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/p...031924?sk=wall

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tatra813 View Post
    That's not true in the least bit. Look at shows like Rosemont and Worcester this weekend. Do you get all the wow moments of big shows? No but you can definitely get **** good show.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tatra813 View Post
    I'm going to be brutally honest here, but if you can't handle small arena shows, you might as well give up your team all together and just sell your truck. The bulk of shows are the smaller venues and that's how most teams keep up. New indy teams aren't thrown straight in to the biggest venues, they build up a reputation where? That's right. Arenas. The busiest monster truck season is in the winter and that's how the teams last is by running these arenas.
    Danny H.

I could post something witty here, but I decided against it. And now I have wasted your time by making you read this.

Post Thanks / Like
    Please go look at the videos from the DCU Center(I think thats it) show this weekend with Anderson, Kreg, and Koehler among other. If you don't think there is good action there, then I don't know what to tell you.
    Last edited by Robbie Milburn; February 18th, 2012 at 11:52 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Members do not see advertisements
    Originally posted by tatra813:
    I used to think the same way for a while because I went to a couple non-Monster Jam small arena shows that wern't very good. But seeing how much all the drivers have stepped their game up in small arenas,the shows are almost as good as the big stadium shows(almost,but not quite). As Danny said,the majority of mt shows(I'd say about 65 to 70 percent)are held in small arenas because it's cheaper for the promoters to book a lot of small arenas than trying to book a few big stadiums. I respect your opinion,but you will have to run small arena events to make a name for yourself and make what little money you can make running a truck.
    The one and only Mr.Beardman
    BIG TIME CLYDESDALE FAN

Friend me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.p...00002892618862
    Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/CDeerfoot
    Subscribe to my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/MonsterBeardMan/videos
    Dallas, Georgia

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information