Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Get rid of pit passes

Members do not see advertisements
    I notice a lot of events no longer require pit passes for their pit parties. I think all the events should do this. What do you think?
    WarthogDriver,

Formerly IL250624

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by IL250624 View Post
    I notice a lot of events no longer require pit passes for their pit parties. I think all the events should do this. What do you think?
    I think this is a great idea. It would save me from going an hour and a half from my home just to get them.
    Danny H.

I could post something witty here, but I decided against it. And now I have wasted your time by making you read this.

Post Thanks / Like
    I noticed MORE doing pit passes,,,,,Philly MJ will need them this year and even ourt local AMP Show in 2 weeks has you buying them with your tickets,,,,,I would like to see them go away and just require you have a ticket to that particu;lar show,,,but I know it would get toooooooooo crazy on some of the big shows,,,

Post Thanks / Like
    For those who have removed pit passes, there are others that the situation has gotten much worse. It now costs $9 a head to go to the pit party at the Pittsburgh Monster Jam. I can see the reasons, as it gets pretty crowded in a small arena, but I think there's a better solution.

Rich Schaefer and Charlotte Motor Speedway once again have what I consider to be the best solution. Every year, you need to patronize the event's sponsors to gain entry into the pit party. One year you had to bring an empty can of Monster Energy, and the last few years you had to bring a Circle K Thirstbuster cup to get into the pit party. By doing this, people are going out and visiting the businesses that have put so many advertising dollars into the event - this generates a return on the investment that the sponsors put out and it seems to be a good partnership, as Circle K has returned for many years now to headline the Charlotte event, and the amount of exposure grows more and more every year.

Even back in the early CCE days (circa '03ish) we had to go to a local Ford dealer to get our pit passes for the Pittsburgh Monster Jam. While you're there, you get to walk the showroom, see the new product, and the sponsors are still getting adequate exposure.
    Matt Stoltz

Post Thanks / Like
    The sponsor thing i can understand but the flat out overpricing at small shows is pure greed.
    Charging a small fee for those not going to sponsor I aslso get.
    Don

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    The sponsor thing i can understand but the flat out overpricing at small shows is pure greed.
    Charging a small fee for those not going to sponsor I aslso get.
    Don
    The costs involved with renting a venue is huge as well as its "required" supporting resources. For example...

Hartford Civic Center (aka XL center) seating around 12,000 pople (estimated from estimated 16,000 once sectionas are blocked off) cost is $25,000 for an event

Now you will need "required staff" wich include; police, fire, ushers, lighting/audio techs, security, janitorial, electricians. Then lets not forget insurance which I could imagine will need to be in excess of say what a concert would be and the amount would be a set requirement by the facility. Now we need junk cars, machines to move them around, dirt brought in and clean up after, pay the trucks, pay the promoters employees. So is the cost of tickets and pit passes really over the top?
    Please do not PM or e-mail me for support.
    The fastest way to get support is through our Help Desk

Post Thanks / Like
    When other promotors can put on just as good of a show (or better, for that matter) for much, much cheaper ticket prices, then yes they are over the top. $115 for 2 adults and a child to go out for "affordable family entertainment" is simply a joke in my opinion when I can get a better show at a larger venue with more trucks and better competition (including many of the same top names) for $55.

Call me outspoken, call me what you want, but I'm a customer just like anyone else and I'm sure there are a lot more people who share my opinion.
    Matt Stoltz

Post Thanks / Like
    I would think using pit passes is a great way to advertise the pit party itself. Think of all the radio and television ads for Monster Jam, "Visit your local Subway or Advance Auto Parts for a free pass to the party in the pits before the show!" This is speaking of course, with the pass being free. It promotes the sponsors, and advertises the pit party. Kill two stones with one bird.
    Travis Sewilo

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by carcrusher View Post
    Call me outspoken, call me what you want, but I'm a customer just like anyone else and I'm sure there are a lot more people who share my opinion.
    I am not arguing, just pointing out the costs (I did not even mention advertising) Also I am sure "repeat" shows would garner some sort of discountas well as adavanced mulitple bookings. Of course the profit threashold is different for each promoter as well.
    Please do not PM or e-mail me for support.
    The fastest way to get support is through our Help Desk

Post Thanks / Like

Members do not see advertisements
    Quote Originally Posted by Sewilo View Post
    I would think using pit passes is a great way to advertise the pit party itself. Think of all the radio and television ads for Monster Jam, "Visit your local Subway or Advance Auto Parts for a free pass to the party in the pits before the show!" This is speaking of course, with the pass being free. It promotes the sponsors, and advertises the pit party. Kill two stones with one bird.
    I think the problem is some of these sponsors are not near the different fans that goto shows. When it was Jack's or Subway or Checker Auto for the pit passes, it would be select. Advance Auto Parts is nowhere to be found in Arizona. The only reason I have done the four pit parties I have done is because three were free with admission (the 2007 Monster Truck Thunder Drags in Glendale, the 2009 Monster Jam in Glendale and the 2012 World Finals) or my girlfriend and I actually paid for the ticket (the 2012 Monster Jam in Phoenix.) Which off topic charges extra at the box office for the pit party...

Personally I think there are only two routes: one is the Monster Energy Supercross idea where you bring a can of Monster (or whatever sponsored drink you want to insert here) to the pit party and recycle it at the show. The second is make it free. The other option is charge but I personally don't like it. You pay anywhere from 10-60 dollars on a seat for one person, let alone a family of 4 (or more) and then pay $5 per for the pit party if not more at the gate? That is a hurting on a family trying to see "the most affordable family entertainment out there."

No matter what, they should keep the post-show autographs. I like the fact you have the post-show autograph lines in case you cannot see the show or are in line the entire pit party trying to get an Anderson's, Digger driver's, Max-D driver's, Monster Mutt driver's or even Belhan's autograph so you cannot get a driver's autograph. Personally they should have this more :cough: :cough: World Finals :cough: :cough:
    Michael King, fan of Monster Trucks since birth.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information