Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Was there ever four wide monster truck racing?

Members do not see advertisements
    So with the NHRA four wide drag racing on today the quesition came up from Bari's FB was there ever four wide monster truck racing?
    I know there was 3 wide sometime back in the 90s, I remember seeing video where the Clydesdale got hit and flip over at the end but i thought i remember there was a four wide race sometime back in the mid to late 90s. It was only a one time event.
    I can't remember exactly. Maybe my mind is playing with me. Anyone know of any four wide monster truck racing?

I believe when they did the 3 wide racing it was in Dallas
    For the love of god, if you're gonna give a link to a picture or a video as a part of a discussion. DON'T LINK TO FACEBOOK. Some of us (ME INCLUDED) don't use it!!!!

3 wide happened in Dallas in the late 80s(?) and I remember it happening a few years back at a Southern Monster Truck Showdown. The closest to 4 wide that I remember was at the U.S off-road championship series when they would run 4 trucks on a short course track. There's some footage of it to be found on youtube.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74dW8...uk5UkRyPdAI%3D
    1:43 on will show you the track.

There is some footage of the 3 truck drag race here for those interested

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stTziS6hrjA

yah dallas texas stadium in 1990 not late 80s

I think it's quite interesting that three wide racing happened on one weekend, 22 years ago, and people still mention it as if it happened constantly. Texas Stadium and MT's don't mix, USA-1 and Buffalo Tremor both hit the wall that weekend, and I think when Monster Jam ran there last some truck nailed the wall.
    Brandon Clark

The automatic transmission is soley responsible for the wussification of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Clark View Post
    I think it's quite interesting that three wide racing happened on one weekend, 22 years ago, and people still mention it as if it happened constantly. Texas Stadium and MT's don't mix, USA-1 and Buffalo Tremor both hit the wall that weekend, and I think when Monster Jam ran there last some truck nailed the wall.
    I think it was Cyborg that hit the wall at the USHRA event but don't quote me. That and there was the infamous Clydesdale flip when Wild Hair couldn't shut down after the second set. The main problem to me it was taking stage 2 trucks into a football stadium and having them race to the tunnel. As we saw, either trucks went wide and hit the wall to avoid or the trucks collided heading to the tunnel.

I remember an independent show did it outside at a dirt track recently with I think Shock Therapy, Bounty Hunter and Iron Outlaw in the finals. The video is somewhere on YouTube. It looked like a one-jump but I think the three-wide racing could work say at a 4 Wheel Jamboree due to the width of the field they race on and the shutdown area they have.
    Michael King, fan of Monster Trucks since birth.

yah i think so too. i mean manily bloomsburg and indy but not springfield and canfield.but with clysdale and wild hair both of em should of slowed tho

Ah ha!, I knew it. Four monster trucks racing at once back in 98 at San Diego Qualcomm Stadium as a part of the U.S. off road championship series. Pretty cool. They should do something like this again.

Skip to 6:50!

http://youtu.be/S5xENISuTvQ

orignally, Cudahy WI, Currently Waddell AZ

Members do not see advertisements
    I never saw that paint job on Bearfoot and that must have been something to watch as a fan. Seeing four trucks race at on time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information