RIP George Carpenter

Members do not see advertisements
    Per TheMonsterBlog Facebook:

"All of us at TheMonsterBlog.com were very saddened to hear of the passing of our friend George Carpenter today. George was one of the most innnovative and influential people ever to work in monster trucks, and his work in shaping this industry will not be forgotten. We are very thankful for the time we were able to spend with George these last few years, and we will always remember the times we were invited to sit at his kitchen table and hear stories from his incredible life. Our heartfelt thoughts and prayers go out to George's family. RIP George, you will be greatly missed."

This just hasn't been a good month for the sport. First we lost Patrick, and now George too.

RIP George
    Danny H.

I could post something witty here, but I decided against it. And now I have wasted your time by making you read this.

Very sad to hear this. RIP George. My thoughts and prayers to his family.

Wow, I'll be honest guys, it has been a depressing couple months... being that we've had a small handful of people in this industry pass away in such a short amount of time between each other. Although I never met George, I have always heard good things about him, and I enjoyed his interview on Monster Truck Radio back this past December. R.I.P. George.

George Carpenter was a dam good man, and gave the little guy a chance at pursuing his dream. I was very fortunate to know him well. From Ashville, NC to Wildwood, NJ, VA Beach, VA, and Las Vegas, NV. He took me to the biggest stages that a independent could make it to at the time. All the old stories, and knowledge, were unreal. He lived a great life, and has a strong family. He taught me a ton about the industry, and introduced me to people that I work with today. Godspeed George.
    Michael Harper (still alive)

I only met George a few times at MTRA and Bloomsburg was always nice and professional with me. The industry has lost someone who really made a great contribution to it. Hopefully he will be recognized for it in some way. George enjoy monster truck promoting with Eisenhart in heaven you earned it. God bless you.
    Last edited by MTRATTK; April 24th, 2012 at 01:08 AM. Reason: additional words
    Timothy T. Knerr
    Bath, PA.
    MTRA Spot Tech inspector/International Monster Truck Museum, Lehigh Valley Representative.
    Safety First!!! Racing and Freestyle Second!!!
    www.MTRA.us

Members do not see advertisements
    George Carpenter has recently been inducted into the Monster Truck Hall of Fame:
    http://monstermuseum.org/2012/09/15/...of-fame-class/
    WarthogDriver,

Formerly IL250624

Thread Information