Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Motor Madness Returns (good idea?)

Members do not see advertisements
    What if Feld did a show under the old Motor Madness label and revived some of the old truck/driver parings from the late '90's? They could even use the paintjobs from the '90s.

They should either do it in the Superdome or the Metrodome(two of the oldest venues in the sport).

Here's what the line-up should look like:

Grave Digger-Dennis Anderson
    Bulldozer-Tom Meents
    Carolina Crusher-Gary Porter
    Predator-Allen Pezo
    Avenger-Jim Koehler
    Gunslinger-Scott Hartsock
    Reptoid-Jim Jack
    Cyborg-Jack Koberna
    Black Stallion-Mike Vaters
    Samson-Dan Patrick
    Thrasher-Pat Summa
    Eradicator-Andy Slifco
    WarthogDriver,

Formerly IL250624

Interesting idea but we have to remember one small detail, the chassis the drivers have now are not the same. 90% of the 1990's chassis are gone. Meents has not driven in a non-Max D chassis (except for the Kreg one) for several years, both Diggers 7 and 12 are retired, Gary doesn't own Carolina Crusher anymore and Dan Patrick is retiring this season.
    Michael King, fan of Monster Trucks since birth.

If you REALLY want this to happen, you would have to be one heck of an arguer. The only real problem if this does happen, Most of the Chassis' are gone (like MasterofTame has mentioned), and some drivers are retired (Again, like MasterofTame mentioned), and convincing Feld to use cars/vans/buses/trailers to demolish instead of dirt ramps. Don't forget returning Mike and Dan into the scene!

This could be like a "Retro Monster Jam Series" if you could talk Feld into it. I would love this to happen, for I am a BIG fan of Motor Madness. Good things that can come out of this is to help the fans learn what it was like back in the early years of Monster Jam.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterofTame View Post
    Interesting idea but we have to remember one small detail, the chassis the drivers have now are not the same. 90% of the 1990's chassis are gone. Meents has not driven in a non-Max D chassis (except for the Kreg one) for several years, both Diggers 7 and 12 are retired, Gary doesn't own Carolina Crusher anymore and Dan Patrick is retiring this season.
    #12 is scrapped is what I've heard, we could ask Permission to bring back #7, since it has not been tampered with much. Chuck Jordan and Ron Nelson could make a comback, as Ron said he might be back in Monster Jam (not 100% sure, but he may).

I would say outdoor events at smaller venues for this can be doable.. kind of like a summer series to televise to bridge over betwwen seasons. I mean you could do classic truck doing exhibitions and racing, now as far as some of these names returning dont think that will happen however a summer series for some clasic trucks could be doable.

Motor Madness was the name of the TV series that Monster Jam, and before that USA Motorsports Monster Truck challenge aired on. It has little to do with Monster Jam itself, Motor Madness also aired Swamp Buggy racing, Demo Derby and World Of Outlaw I believe. So, if you want FELD to bring back the Motor Madness series, good luck with that, but Motor Madness was Much Much more than the 99-02 MJ series(in fact, i would go so far as to say that the Motor Madness Monster Jam series was the weakest of the Motor Madness Broadcasts)
    There was once a truck pull in the astrodome in which many believed Bigfoot 4 did not leave the line. The reality of the situation is that Bigfoot 4 was chained the the astrodome and moved the entire facility 300 feet.

The original premise of Motor Madness was live primetime motorsports, not just Monster Trucks. It was everything that Paul had listed above.

While I'm sure CBS/Viacom owns the rights to all that stuff, I could legitimately see FELD doing something similar with their SPEED contracts. All they would have to do is broadcast Monster Jam, Supercross, and Arenacross on some kind of rotating schedule where they would air the events live on a Saturday night, possibly even two events each weekend depending on what coast each show was. I think the format worked really well for the Live Season Kickoff a few years ago, and I'd love to see them go back to it. Heck, they could even throw the truck series races in there since they're broadcast on SPEED as well. There's a lot of possibilities there.
    Matt Stoltz

FWIW, I believe the first Motor Madness show was a demolition derby. The first MT event I remember airing was from Peoria, IL. The tough trucks were one of my favorite things to watch. Good memories.
    Photographer for hire

http://www.damonatherton.com

Ah Motor Madness, gotta love the 90s
    anyway, That would be a great idea, It could actually be a very good idea for monster Jam and Speed, it could include various but cool motorsports such as Supercross, TORC, some WRC/Rally America/GRC stuff, summer MJ stuff, and the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series. All on Saturday Nights. Good idea indeed
    Bigfoot 9, Bigfoot 9, wherefore art thou Bigfoot 9

World's Youngest AM PM Rocket Fan!!
    "I don't think Jamie's an evil genius, i'm not sure he's evil and i'm not sure he's a genius"-Adam Savage

AM PM Boss, AM PM Rocket, Skoal crusher, Skoal Bandit, Bigfoot, Black Stallion, Iron Warrior, Illuminator, Ecology Eliminator, Any of Seth Doulton's Trucks!

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhotoDemon View Post
    FWIW, I believe the first Motor Madness show was a demolition derby. The first MT event I remember airing was from Peoria, IL. The tough trucks were one of my favorite things to watch. Good memories.
    I thought I remembered Motor Madness debuting on January 10, 1997 with the live broadcast of the USA Motorsports Monster Truck Challenge from Des Moines, IA. I think Peoria was the second monster truck event they aired.

Members do not see advertisements
    Quote Originally Posted by DiggerFan View Post
    I thought I remembered Motor Madness debuting on January 10, 1997 with the live broadcast of the USA Motorsports Monster Truck Challenge from Des Moines, IA. I think Peoria was the second monster truck event they aired.
    funny you should say that, I have a motor madness tape with Tacoma and I believe Des Moines on it which may be either 1997 or 1998 or both
    Bigfoot 9, Bigfoot 9, wherefore art thou Bigfoot 9

World's Youngest AM PM Rocket Fan!!
    "I don't think Jamie's an evil genius, i'm not sure he's evil and i'm not sure he's a genius"-Adam Savage

AM PM Boss, AM PM Rocket, Skoal crusher, Skoal Bandit, Bigfoot, Black Stallion, Iron Warrior, Illuminator, Ecology Eliminator, Any of Seth Doulton's Trucks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information