Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

RIP Karl Swallow - Slingshot MT

Members do not see advertisements
    Tragically it has been announced by a good friend of mine that Slingshot's Karl Swallow has passed away due to a heart attack.

I was at Truckfest just yesterday and Karl was there with Slingshot. He put on a great show as always. RIP man, you were truly one of the greats.
    Last edited by Smasha; July 2nd, 2012 at 07:53 PM.
    Ash Robertson - British Graphic Designer
    I Design Anything From Team T-Shirts To Monster Truck Paint Schemes/Wraps.

PM/Email Me If You're Interested.

Or check out my Facebook Page

This year just hasn't been kind to the monster truck industry

Karl had an excellent machine and was one of the best and true originators in bringing monster trucks to the UK, RIP Karl
    Danny H.

I could post something witty here, but I decided against it. And now I have wasted your time by making you read this.

You aren't kidding Danny; to be honest, this year hasn't been kind to any industry but has been especially unkind to the MT world. My thoughts and prayers go out to the Swallow family during this difficult time.

R.I.P. Karl Swallow.
    The one and only Mr.Beardman
    BIG TIME CLYDESDALE FAN

Friend me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.p...00002892618862
    Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/CDeerfoot
    Subscribe to my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/MonsterBeardMan/videos
    Dallas, Georgia

**** that is brutal, one day after running no less.
    thoughts are with his family.
    Kozak
    #1 Andy Brass Fan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Habit View Post
    ANYONE that knows me, knows that if I did not make the distance I would stay there as long as it took and change the ramp as many times as necessary to make the distance

Aww jeez. I met Karl and Jenny Swallow years ago at the MTRA Weeekend St. Louis. Two of the nicest people. They were just getting started back then. Slingshot was one of the best from across the pond. You will be missed Karl!!! My condolences to Jenny, the family and all the boys across the pond.
    Timothy T. Knerr
    Bath, PA.
    MTRA Spot Tech inspector/International Monster Truck Museum, Lehigh Valley Representative.
    Safety First!!! Racing and Freestyle Second!!!
    www.MTRA.us

Slingshot is one of the most popular Euro trucks. As far as I know, it was one of the first Indies to compete on the Monster Jam Euro Tour.

RIP Karl. You will be missed.
    WarthogDriver,

Formerly IL250624

RIP Karl; we had the pleasure of working on his site and he was always very nice and appreciative...shocking. He will be in our thoughts.

Northamptonshire, England, UK, over the pond!
    Karl.
    For 20 years you were in my life, honestly cant beleive you are gone. From the first time we met I knew we would be friends, you had the devil in your eye and a deep desire to live life to the full. And that is what you did bro.. True we had some big ol ups and downs over the years, but when all is said and done (and no one can change this) we sat down talked it out and shook hands, that's what REAL friends do..

Karl you were a huge pain in the ****, the most stubborn man I EVER met, BUT also one of the best things to ever walk into my life. I know that running my truck at Truckfest will never be the same again without you there.

I am sure that lots of people will be saying rest in peace, but I know you too well for that, you will be bringing havoc to you new location just like you did at every monster truck show you were in. Today I asked St Peter to keep an eye out for you, and I also pointed out to him that if you arrive declaring that you are the Devils Playmate, that he should not take you too seriously as its just your little joke. :-)

Be good bud, and keep yer foot in it, till I see you again.....................

Your friend, Nigel Morris
    Team BIGFOOT Racing
    Everybody wants a piece of the Action!

Northamptonshire, England, UK, over the pond!

Members do not see advertisements
    Quote Originally Posted by MTRATTK View Post
    Aww jeez. I met Karl and Jenny Swallow years ago at the MTRA Weeekend St. Louis. Two of the nicest people. They were just getting started back then. Slingshot was one of the best from across the pond. You will be missed Karl!!! My condolences to Jenny, the family and all the boys across the pond.
    Thanks for the kind words Tim, but Karl and Jenny parted ways some years ago..
    Everybody wants a piece of the Action!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information