Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Members do not see advertisements
    Marvin Smith stated at the first televised weekend of 1990 that the Breens sold the Wild Hair name to him. The Breens' Wild Hair truck was an original chassis, then became Whisky Business, and later Ozark Viper.
    No matter how stupid Mayhem gets, it's ALWAYS a source of entertainment, even if the entertainment is unintentional.

Its kinda strange after all those years this thing is still sitting around in a salvage yard they sometimes have things in and gone after a short time.
    Great that it didnt end up crushed.

If you someday deside to part with this chassie PM me Jim Im looking for base for my project.
    If it aint Old School, It aint Cool

The first chassis is sitting in Michigan waiting on some fundage to to get the axles back to a rolling state.
    Checkout www.adamsoffroadperformance.com for all your mudtruck and monstertruck axle and suspension needs. And if we don't have it we can make it.

Quote Originally Posted by adamsoffroad View Post
    The first chassis is sitting in Michigan waiting on some fundage to to get the axles back to a rolling state.
    LOL

Any news on this one?

I hauled it to the current owners place a year ago and last I knew it hasn't started the restoration process as of yet.

The Breen's Stomper Bully (which was driven for sometime by Gene Patterson until Bob took over.) did become the green Wild Hair and later Whiskey Business and Ozark Viper. This was the first Stomper (Bully) 2 though it was completed for show by Jon prior to the completion of the Mike Whitt driven Stomper Bully (later called Stomper 1) as the Stomper Bully 1 truck was commissioned prior to the Breen's Stomper. TNT needed more than one Stomper truck and though called Stomper Bully 2 it was actually first to show.

Marvin's Stomper 2 was actually the third truck to run the name for TNT and was a rebuilt Crimson Giant. He purchased the name Wild Hair in late 1989 from the Breen Boys and ran it on the old Crimson/Stomper chassis. He ended up building a mostly new truck out of what he could salvage from the Stomper chassis in April of 1990 when he smashed into Bennett Clark in Irving, Texas and broke the chassis in half. He spoke of this a few times in interviews with Army.

The truck known as Stomper 1 was second to show, but first commissioned and ran as Stomper Bully until early/mid 1987 when it became TNT's Stomper 1. It ran competitively for all of 1988 and then ran as an exhibition truck through the 1989 season. It was repainted and became one of the Micro Machines trucks (Obviously not the tube chassis of Jon Breen.) and is still around to this day under another name.

I realize I repeated things a few times there.

So is there a Facebook page and what was the one that was for sale not to long ago....?

Somewhere between Helle River and London, Ontario
    Quote Originally Posted by Backchannel View Post
    This was the first Stomper (Bully) 2 though it was completed for show by Jon prior to the completion of the Mike Whitt driven Stomper Bully (later called Stomper 1) as the Stomper Bully 1 truck was commissioned prior to the Breen's Stomper. TNT needed more than one Stomper truck and though called Stomper Bully 2 it was actually first to show.
    I am not too sure where this rumour started, probably many years ago cause I have heard it many times over. But it isn't true. Stomper Bully 1 built by Jim Lyons for TNT & Schaper Toys was completed in the fall of 1984 where it made its debut at the St. Paul Civic Center in front of many Schaper executives. There is a picture in Gene Patterson's album that shows Stomper Bully 2 under construction and hung on the wall of the shop is a Stomper Bully poster of Bully 1 at its first show wearing the 73" Goodyears and aluminum wheels. The first handful of shows the truck performed it wore 66" Firestones. So Bully 1 was completed and already doing shows before Bully 2 was completed.
    Mike Krieger

Old Skool Monsters Rule!!!

Members do not see advertisements
    I got that info from Gene last summer when I interviewed him. I may have misunderstood what he was saying. The interview is on YouTube. Should be fairly early in the interview.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mfGNg01-t2s

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information