Just an idea I thought up, beings that there aren’t any active leagues on this site anymore…maybe we can bring this section back to life.
*NOTE: THIS IS NOT A REAL-LIFE MONSTER JAM LEAGUE! THIS IS A HOT WHEELS-ONLY LEAGUE!*
If this does get off the ground, I might start up a real-life league heading into MJ Europe next year, as it’s too late (in my book) for a 1st quarter start.
So, here’s how this league will be:
I will be running a Hot Wheels Monster Jam league based off of 1/64 scale diecasts from 2006-7 on. It is strictly the large wheels (not because I don’t want to run the small wheel trucks, but because I didn’t start collecting until late ’06). If you sign up, you can pick 8 trucks off this list and drivers for each. UPDATE: I am adding which drivers are with each truck. PM me if you want another driver. Also, as years go by and my collection expands, more trucks will be able to join the league. If you want, you can trade trucks out for other trucks. Say you own Storm Damage, but Sheer Insanity is a truck you want and has been recently added. If you PM me, I will announce a truck change and give you Sheer Insanity with all of Storm Damage’s points so you (and the truck) can keep up.
• I need at least one signup, but I would like for this to have 16 signups other than me so the league leader doesn’t have to own (though I’m fine with it if we need it).
• Each team must have eight trucks. If a truck you want has not joined yet, I can give you a provisional placeholder truck to run until the wanted truck joins.
• NEW RULE: Your team name will be your username on Mayhem, or if you want if you were on MTC you can use that as well.
• NEW RULE: The team captains will be decided after who gets the most points in the first event for that team.
• Each truck has a designated driver. If you want a truck with another truck’s driver, PM me and we can negotiate.
• If you as an owner are banned from Mayhem for more than a month, I will not allow you to rejoin that year. However, at the silly season in November-December, you can discuss and get back into the league if you still want to. REVISION: I do not care about bans that happened prior to now.
• Final announcement: This is an offline league, so you don’t need to physically own any of the trucks.
• This is a racing-only league. (Mainly because it would be a logistical nightmare to add freestyle, since 4 teams will be at every event)
• Tracks and venues will be decided by votes from the competing teams for that weekend.
• Four teams will compete on the weekend (32 trucks) to prevent some 10-hour epic nightmare.
• Points will be as follows: 1 point for starting; 4 points for 2nd round; 10 points for quarter-final; 20 points for semi-final; 50 points for final; 100 points for win (if this is too crazy, comment and we can decide on how to do points as a group)
CURRENT AVAILABLE TRUCKS AS OF 12/1/12:
1. AAP Grinder –Lupe Soza
2. Airborne Ranger – Joe Cypher
3. American Dream – Trey Meyers
4. American Guardian – Rick Raab
5. AmsOIL Shock Therapy – Jeremy Brady
6. Anger Management – Kyle Chandler
7. Annihilator – Zack Adams
8. Arachnaphobia – Scott Anderson
9. Avenger – Jim Koehler
10. Backdraft – Jeremy Slifko [MJVancouver2013]
11. Backwards Bob – Mike Wine
12. Bad Habit – Joe Sylvester
13. Bad News – Brandon Derrow
14. Barbarian – Devin Jones
15. Batman – Norm Miller
16. Black Smith – Pablo Huffaker
17. Black Stallion – Mike Vaters
18. Blue Thunder – Tony Farrell
19. Boneshaker – Kathy Winston
20. Bounty Hunter – Jimmy Creten
21. Broker – Jim Leahy
22. Brutus – Chris Bergeron
23. Bulldozer – Guy Wood
24. Captain's Curse – Alex Blackwell
25. Clydesdale – Bennett Clark
26. Covert Crasher – Rob Knell
27. Cowboy – Glenn Logan Jr.
28. Crushstation – Greg Winchenbach
29. Cuttin Coroners – Aaron Cromer
30. Cyborg – Jack Koberna
31. Cyclops – Terry (no clue on the last name)
32. Derailed – Carl Van Horn
33. Destroyer – Roger Stidell
34. Devastator – Mark Schroeder
35. Donkey Kong – Frank Krmel
36. Donut Patrol – Steve Reynolds
37. Dragon's Breath – Becky McDonough
38. Driving Skool – Jim Tracey
39. El Matador – Daron Basl
40. El Toro Loco – Marc McDonald
41. Eliminator – Greg Adams
42. Eradicator – Andy Slifko
43. Escalade – Charlie Pauken
44. Excaliber – Jon Zimmer
45. Felon – Rod Wood
46. Freedom Force – Jim Hochstatter
47. Full Boar – Ed Eckert
48. Grave Digger – Dennis Anderson
49. Grave Digger 1983-1985 – Rod Schmidt
50. Grave Digger Mudder – Gary Porter
51. Grave Digger the Legend – Adam Anderson
52. Gunslinger – Scott Hartsock
53. Heartbreaker – Kaila Savage
54. High Roller – Neil Elliott
55. Holiday Hauler – Taryn Laskey
56. Hot Wheels – Dan Evans
57. Hurricane Force – Tim Miszentis
58. Instigator – Paul Breaud
59. Iron Man – Lee O’Donnell
60. Iron Outlaw – Kreg Christensen
61. Iron Warrior – Mike Vaters II
62. Jurassic Attack – Kristy Edge
63. King Krunch – David Smith
64. Krazy Train – Mark Noto
65. Lil Miss Dangerous – Jocelyn Perrin
66. Live Wire – Jeff Bainter
67. Lucas Oil Crusader – Linsey Weenk
68. M2D Camo Thunder – Andrew Peckham
69. Madusa – Debra “MADUSA” Miceli
70. Maniac – Don Frankish
71. Martial Law – Paul Strong
72. Maximum Destruction – Tom Meents [possibly Maxdfan11]
73. Mechanical Mischeif – Jim Koehler
74. Metal Mulisha – Todd LeDuc
75. Michigan Ice Monster – Chris Lagana
76. Mohawk Warrior – George Balhan
77. Monster Jam World Finals – Bobby Zolener
78. Monster Mutt – Joe Miller
79. Monster Mutt Dalmatian – Candice Jolly
80. Monster Mutt Rottweiler – Charles Benz
81. Nitro Circus – Travis Pastrana
82. Obsession – Rick Swanson
83. Pastrana 199 – Courtney Jolly
84. Patriot – Dan Rodoni
85. Pillage Idiot – Sean Duhon
86. Pouncer – Ron Nelson
87. Predator – Allen Pezo
88. Prowler – Lenny Kuilder
89. Pure Adrenaline – Morgan Kane
90. Ragin' Steel – Ryan Huffaker
91. Rap Attack – Dave Rappach
92. Reptoid – Jim Jack
93. Rivited – Matt Powers
94. Rolling Thunder – Jim Bendzick
95. S. W. A. T. – Bryan Winston
96. Samson – Dan Patrick
97. Scarlet Bandit – Dawn Creten
98. Screamin Demon – Gary Schott Jr.
99. Shark Wreak – Paul Cohen
100. Shattered – BJ Johnson
101. Shocker – Pat Gerber
102. Son-Uva Digger – Ryan Anderson [TMSPromotions]
103. Special Delivery
104. Spiderman – Bari Musawwir
105. Spike – Rich Hilgendorf
106. Storm Damage – Tim Mente
107. Sudden Impact – John Seasock
108. Superman – Chad Fortune
109. Survivor – Chuck Jordan
110. Taz – Chad Tingler
111. Team AfterShock – Bob Robbins
112. Team Suzuki – Bobby Parr
113. Thrasher – Pat Summa
114. Time Flys – Kelvin Ramer
115. TMNT – Aaron Basl
116. Tropical Thunder – Phil Foster
117. Tuff E Nuff – Jeff Jones
118. U.S. Air Force Afterburner – Damon Bradshaw
119. Udder Madness - Becky McDonough
120. Virginia Giant – Deihl Wilson
121. War Wizard – Randy Moore
122. Western Renegade – Barry Parkin
123. Wild Hair – Jason Witte
124. Wild Thang – Lyle Hancock
125. Wrecking Crew – Steve Koehler
126. Tasmanian Devil - Nicole Johnson
127. Illuminator - Jay Snyder
128. Sheer Insanity - Ged Barcroft
129. Desperado – Drew Haygood
130. Obsessed – Eric Swanson
131. Northern Nightmare – Cam McQueen
Please note that Tasmanian Devil is a COMPLETELY different entry than Taz!
League will start when we have 72 signups (3 16-truck stadiums, 3 8-truck arenas)
Thanks for reading, and let’s see if we can get this thing up and going.
Last edited by ImpactNeddus; February 17th, 2013 at 12:01 PM.
Reason: Owner added
Since no one has signed up yet, I have revised a few of the rules and updated the list. Signups end on November 24th, 2012. That way we can figure out a schedule for this.
Also, please reply with one of these poll options, beings that I couldn't add the poll.
“Great idea, I’d love to join!”: Please ask me to either reserve your spot in the league while you decide your trucks, or tell me your trucks outright. If you want your ownership to remain a secret til the league starts, PM me and I’ll put (Secret Owner #1, #2, #3, etc.) beside your trucks.
“Good idea, but I can’t join this year ”: That’s fine . Hopefully you can come next year.
“Not really that interested, but I’ll give it a go”: See the first poll response, and any improvements will be welcome.
“I might join if things get fixed”: Please tell me what types of things need changing and we can discuss.
“Horrid idea, not joining”: Please tell me if there was anything even remotely good about the idea.