Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

What Happens After Joining The Monster Truck Racing Association (MTRA)?

Members do not see advertisements
    I'm going to be a member of the MTRA soon and I was wondering what happens after anyone joins? Do they help you find a career or anything?

Sorry but to me MTRA is little more than a truck club made up of Bigfoot, Hall Brothers and a couple others. They meet once a year for a pat each other on the back dinner. Thats cool to some. To each his own.
    kreepy1

Quote Originally Posted by kreepy1 View Post
    Sorry but to me MTRA is little more than a truck club made up of Bigfoot, Hall Brothers and a couple others. They meet once a year for a pat each other on the back dinner. Thats cool to some. To each his own.
    kreepy1
    It's stupidass comments like that which illustrate what's so wrong with this place. The guy asks a question and in turn gets an unsolicited opinion on what someone "thinks" with no explanation or facts to back it up. It's just as dumb as those people who take blind pot shots at Feld for the **** of it. Just because there's a reply button doesn't mean you have to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by HawnMT View Post
    It's stupidass comments like that which illustrate what's so wrong with this place. The guy asks a question and in turn gets an unsolicited opinion on what someone "thinks" with no explanation or facts to back it up. It's just as dumb as those people who take blind pot shots at Feld for the **** of it. Just because there's a reply button doesn't mean you have to use it.
    Yet you still replied with nothing helpful

kreepy1
    Kind of an off-base comment IMO, but explaining all that is a bigger can of worms than I care to open, being as how some would like to take my opinions as being those of the entire team I work for, rather than simply as my own thoughts. That being said...

You may (or may have not) noticed that very few people from Bigfoot attended the MTRA functions this past December, especially the dinner, for whatever reason. Heck, I was a rookie last year and didn't even get nominated for "Rookie of the Year" (not even by default! Lol), and I didn't even find out about this til it was too late. But personally, I wasn't very worried about it and I can't even remember what I was doing the day of the "awards banquet", but I know I wasn't anywhere near the place. I don't even know who won what awards, what changes were made to the "rulebook" (if any), what was discussed at the meetings, etc. Maybe there's an email waiting for me out there in the ether that I haven't received yet with all that in it.

So, in my case at least, there is a good deal of disconnect between my twisted little world and the MTRA. I didn't go an pat anyone on the back, and nobody patted mine either.

-KD
    Ridin' High.

Quote Originally Posted by hefner View Post
    Yet you still replied with nothing helpful
    Hopefully by stopping dumb behavior it IS being helpful. But thanks for your unhelpful wiseass comment.

Hopefully by stopping dumb behavior it IS being helpful. But thanks for your unhelpful wiseass comment.
    Well I thought that was a mods job but ur welcome thanks

So just what does the MTRA do for you, sir? Please explain. Remember just the facts!
    The numbers of members in the MTRA speak for themselves. Has membership grown or shrunk? I'll let you look it up. What the MTRA started back then was truly what the sport needed for safety of the fans and drivers and the rulebook is the bible that others have copied and then added too. That's not the same anymore.
    On a personal note, you say my comments are whats wrong with this place. He asked a question and I responded with an answer. The fact you dont like my answer is not my concern.
    I guess I'll reply again to his question. Go to the MTRA website. Look at the member list of owner drivers. Think about how many trucks and owners are out there competing. Look and see if who sponsors the group. Finally, make your own decision.
    Have a nice evening,
    Kreepy1

So just what does the MTRA do for you, sir? Please explain. Remember just the facts!
    He asked a question and I responded with an answer. The fact you dont like my answer is not my concern.
    You missed the whole point, I'm not trying to defend MTRA or anyone else.

I am criticizing the fact that you DIDN'T answer his question. You merely stated an opinion and didn't back it with any facts. Your new response has some valid points but you didn't make any of them in your first post. But again none of that answers the original questions because the OP wasn't asking what people think about MTRA he is asking what will happen after he joins.

Members do not see advertisements
    What if the MTRA was actually in charge of stuff, would it be better or worse for monster trucks? What do they do though? MTRA has been around for a long long time did they invent the rii or was that someone else? How did it catch on with every one so easily without arguments like the ones about roll cage changes?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information