Major part of Monster Jam leaving.

Members do not see advertisements
    "SPEED, or Fox Sports 1 as of August 1st, is soon to be gone.

The reason this is in Monster Truck News is, of course, Monster Jam. We all know Monster Jam has almost exclusively on SPEED since late 2003. The question is where MJ will go from here. The choices so far seem to be:

FUELTV: SPEED's sister channel, FUELTV, seems to be Fox's main motorsports go-to in August. They could make this into SPEED 2.0.
    SPEED 2: An online channel, they could move the stuff here.
    Random specials on FOX/FS1/etc.: Not the best idea, and Supercross/FMX is most likely the only thing that would be shown.
    Or, the obvious choice if they make a brand move:

CBS/CBS Sports Network: This would be the best choice. Obviously there's a HUGE opportunity of live TV, but keep in mind, CBS is a local channel that would allow a giant market opening. SPEED is a cable-exclusive that only a few can access."

This has also been confirmed by a Facebook friend of mine.

Fox Sports 1 will still need daytime programming that monster jam can fill.

Fuel is also possibility as they are already doing Supercross on there. It's a network they are dumping money at to build up from having the worst subscriber rates of any cable network. UFC has already been a giant boost for them and could use some more help.

It's no new news that SPEED was being replaced by a broader ESPN-style sports channel operated by Fox. I for one have a hard time believing that they are going to totally clean the slate and eliminate all of their current programming.

To be honest, I'm more concerned as to where I'm going to get my live Supercross action, which will most likely transfer over to Fuel or stay on the new channel right where it is. I can't tell you the last time I've re-watched an episode of MJ, because just about every stadium show since 2004 has more or less been the same thing over and over and it all just runs together.
    Matt Stoltz

Fuel TV is rumored switching to Fox Sports 2 by the end of the year as well.

FOX Sports needs content, I would think they keep MJ, but on FS2.
    Austin "Auz" Grams - Motorsports Fan

yea...far as we know, they arent dumping anything, just adding stuff, as they do run a lot of repeating programming that im sure they will fill with live stick and ball programming in addition to what they already have.
    NASCAR on SPEED, if you notice are all using FOX mics instead of switching between SPEED and FOX mics... meaning, that will be the only change there... Perhaps shows will be redistributed among other FOX owned networks but theres nothing to worry or even really to speculate about
    Ill have to think of something else witty to put here later

I think Speed would likely dump the Stacy Jackson Gearz, My Classic Car, Dumbest Stuff On Wheels, R U Faster Than a Redneck, My Ride Rules, On The Edge, the lower NASCAR series and that. I don't see much of other stuff including F-1, NASCAR Trucks, Cup Practice and Qualifying, Supercross, Arenacross, Wind Tunnel, RaceHub and Speed Center being touched.
    Michael King, fan of Monster Trucks since birth.

Originally I was thinking what would happen to Monster Jam, but then I remembered that ESPN aired TNT & USHRA shows for years in the 80s & early 90s. Supercross should be fine & I think that baseball & NASCAR will be the two major anchors when the networks start. At worst, Monster Jam & Supercross would be on FS2. Personally I think that they are better fits on Fuel anyway.
    MT fan for 25+ years. Visited the Bigfoot shop in St. Louis, met Bob Chandler, been to World Finals VII, X & XIII now to just drive & own a Monster Truck and all my Monster Truck related dreams would come true.

My MT Show Checklist:
    Nassau Coliseum (Long Island NY), Cayuga County Fair Speedway (Weedsport NY), Sam Boyd Stadium (Las Vegas, NV), University of Phoenix Stadium (Glendale AZ), Chase Field (Phoenix, AZ), Firebird Raceway (Chandler, AZ)

I read a press release not that long ago about the Family Events Jamboree Monster Truck coverage moving to FOX Sports, but I can't seem to find it. I hope I read that correctly though, that'd be awesome.

- - - Updated - - -

I wouldn't worry about monster Jam. The FOX sports site has been posting videos and news featuring the Monster Jam series.

Members do not see advertisements
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterofTame View Post
    I think Speed would likely dump the Stacy Jackson Gearz, My Classic Car, Dumbest Stuff On Wheels, R U Faster Than a Redneck, My Ride Rules, On The Edge, the lower NASCAR series and that. I don't see much of other stuff including F-1, NASCAR Trucks, Cup Practice and Qualifying, Supercross, Arenacross, Wind Tunnel, RaceHub and Speed Center being touched.
    Who in the **** is Stacy Jackson?? Do you mean Stacey David? And the F1 broadcast has already moved to NBC next season.
    Mufflers and monster trucks go together like insouciant ducks and Chinese green tea flavored telephones.

Thread Information