Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Members do not see advertisements
    Finally made it back to Boston, and I'm about to climb into my bed with my laptop to upload all the (sucky, grainy) photos I took. Excellent show! Thoughts:

-The pit party was a ton of fun...wish I could have spent more time watching the stadium trucks, but there was so much going on in the parking lot that Liz and I decided to focus there.
    -I actually enjoyed racing a ton, some of the later rounds had coin flip finishes that made the electronic timing shine. Good to finally see Linsey win in person, Crusader might be my favorite identity of any of the Feld trucks, and he was on an absolute rail all night.
    -Scott! Freakin! Buetow! Wow! I remember his first weekend of shows up in Manchester a few years back, where he rolled 3 times in as many shows. "Oh boy, who's this guy?" Well, now we know. He's gonna be big time here shortly. That backflip was dead-on perfect, maybe second to only the SUD Vegas flip. Awesome to see.
    -By the same token, Weenk...OUCH! We couldn't see him climb out from our vantage point so we were worried about his condition, but were relieved when we saw him walking up to the drivers' seating. He goes too early in the order.
    -Odd seeing Dennis 4th from last...he still put on a great show.
    -Neil's corkscrew in bonus won him the freestyle, but really, Ryan should have had it. I could watch him freestyle all day and never get bored. His runs are so kinetic. It's like watching his dad but without the judgement lapses. Hail (Ryan) Anderson.

I'm glad that I managed to squeeze in a Speed televised show just as they won't be televised on Speed anymore! Don't know that I'd go back down there again because I have to cut through NYC to get there and it was a confusing mess and I got lost a couple of times. And nothing like a brand-new NFL stadium to suck money out of you. But it was a blast. Feld just nails it sometimes, and this was one of those shows.
    -Cale Putnam
    Monster Mayhem Administrator, Worcester Polytechnic Institute graduate and The Stig

http://www.flickr.com/photos/arenacale/ for my (miserable) photos.
    -Cale Putnam
    Monster Mayhem Administrator, Worcester Polytechnic Institute graduate and The Stig

Lindsey does go to early in freestyle order I feel. And I still don't understand why Dennis went 4th to last. I'm just glad he ran after they said he might not run doe to low oil pressure and the oil pump being broke (might have just been tring to hype everyone up). Neil did have a good freestyle but I do agree that Ryan should have taken it home. Neil's was a typical Max D run in my opp and Ryan's was just hammer down like he didn't even have a brake pedal in the truck. Getting back to Toms double back flip attempt. I kind feel like they rushed it. It did seem to get closer then last years. I feel if he was able to get the truck 10 feet higher in the air he would have nailed it. I keep watching the video on my phone. The truck went around perfect, no spinning off to the side like last year. He just drilled the driver side front wheel right into the floor on the end of the second rotation

You guys are definitely right in saying that Linsey goes too early - I've managed to see him a bunch in person from Blue Thunder to present, and never once have I felt he phoned it in (like I think Damon's kind of been doing this year). He's also been just about the nicest guy to talk to at pit parties too, for what that's worth.

Ryan's insane to watch - he's so flat out, but also is smarter than anyone at knowing how to angle the truck in the air so it lands on the back side of a ramp versus flat ground, saving him a lot of the accidental rebound rollovers.

Also, Cale: 84 through Newburgh to 87 and 17. You avoid the city completely. Took me about 3.5 hours from Worcester including stopping for food.
    2014, hopefully: Worcester, Syracuse, WF15, Gillette, West Leb, Stafford

I really enjoyed all of it this year. Got a ride in the GDRT with my bff, the driver Travis Howard. IMO, one the best rt's out there. Met a lot of drivers new and old. Met Ryan and Adam had a nice convo with Dennis again after the show. As for racing Linsey was on his game all night long. LOC was the #1 qualifier and never slowed down. I observed one thing about racing. You can tell who the real racers are by the effort they make to qualify. I observed the same thing in freestyle. IMO Adam would have won freestyle if truck didn't power itself into an untimely flip. It was a hard enough flip to blow out a coil spring from the GDL. To watch Neil in Max D fly through the air and piroette like a ballerina and land it on the wheels!!! OMG!!! Overall an excellent show definitely planning to go next year June 14th, 2014 tickets were on sale at 10pm Saturday night at a special price.
    Timothy T. Knerr
    Bath, PA.
    MTRA Spot Tech inspector/International Monster Truck Museum, Lehigh Valley Representative.
    Safety First!!! Racing and Freestyle Second!!!
    www.MTRA.us

The way I figured, Dennis went out when he did because Adam is a current champ, Grinder is the corporate truck, and he and whoevers in Max-D at the time seem to switch off with who runs last.
    James H.

"The weak of the mind will use fist, And the fist of the frail will bring gun. The loudest of guns provoke bombs,
    And in wrath he will chase until it's done."

Thats why I figured Dennis went when he did, but at the same time they had him run last last year, maybe they changed it for this year. getting back to trucks having parts brake. Last seemed like almost every truck had something fail. This year I think the only truck that actually had a part brake was Medusa who snapped a rear sway bar. I was also kind of surprised they let her run as long as she did after they first shut her down and looked at the truck. I'm used to them shutting the trucks down right away and ending the run.

The broken Swaybar Arm damaged the rear steer. Which is why the shut her down. Kreml in the black ELT had fuel problems on his freestyle run. Grinder definitely hurt a motor. Nothing major other than the usual body damage. Although that coilspring flying off of GDL kinda surprised me.
    Timothy T. Knerr
    Bath, PA.
    MTRA Spot Tech inspector/International Monster Truck Museum, Lehigh Valley Representative.
    Safety First!!! Racing and Freestyle Second!!!
    www.MTRA.us

I figured that is why they shut her down, ETL was differently braking up REAL bad when he would punched it and I remember turning to my brother at the end of the Grinder run saying " that motor sounds toast" I do not remember seeing the coil fly off GDL. I actully thought he was going to save it when he rolled over but he he seemed to pause after it got on its side and by the time Adam tried to get back into the gas.

On another note, does anyone know why Frank was in ETL and Alex was in El Diablo? I actually enjoy Mark freestyle and I am not really complaining that Alex was driving ether, just woundering.

I was also thinking about the Double back flip... If anyone recalls last year in Philly when Dennis back flipped, he got around 1 and basically half rotations coming down on the back end of the truck. And that was off just a normal back flip kicker. For some reason I think if Dennis went off the Double kicker he would have a very good chance of taking the Digger truck around 2 full rotations. I mean, he rotated the truck super fast in Philly. Or is it just me?

East Rutherford Roll-Call

Members do not see advertisements
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrpq View Post
    I was also thinking about the Double back flip... If anyone recalls last year in Philly when Dennis back flipped, he got around 1 and basically half rotations coming down on the back end of the truck. And that was off just a normal back flip kicker. For some reason I think if Dennis went off the Double kicker he would have a very good chance of taking the Digger truck around 2 full rotations. I mean, he rotated the truck super fast in Philly. Or is it just me?
    I thought so too. My brother even thinks Dennis was actually TRYING for a double to "steal Tom's thunder."

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information