Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Members do not see advertisements
    Quote Originally Posted by venom nation View Post
    not trying to sound neutral, i would agree with all these points, however age does not dictate maturity. i feel if the individual can pass the nessecary safety equipment test and driving test that any other applicant has to qualify for then the MTRA has no right to be prejudicial to anyone, as long as that person has a valid drivers lisence from there state. ive seen many 30 - 40 year old drivers that arent mature enough to handle a MT. the only reason i voice this opinion is because my daughter has been racing atv motocross since she was 9 years old and at a pro level (depending on class) since she was 13, able to run 3 different quads in 4 different classes at each event almost weekly. always ranking in illinois, missouri and iowa, and having a few national titles. she is 19 now but i wouldnt of hesitated a split second to put her in a truck at 16. i think maybe at that age each case should be individualized, if the operator is capable, who are you to say no. all of the accidents i am aware of involving driver or public injuries or fatalities did not involve a young operator
    Denver it's called Insurance. If the insurance says 18 is the minimum age that's what it will be. Otherwise there's NO insurance. I also doubt any insurance would allow anyone under 18 because of the liabilities, litigation and etc.
    Timothy T. Knerr
    Bath, PA.
    MTRA Spot Tech inspector/International Monster Truck Museum, Lehigh Valley Representative.
    Safety First!!! Racing and Freestyle Second!!!
    www.MTRA.us

Just a FYI - No matter what rumors may be going around in regards to a MTRA e-mail - Birch's RII transmitters and receivers are still being repaired. Our new receivers are being tested now! There are no lack of parts or supplies and we are here Mon - Friday working on repairs!!! and selling new stuff.. ..People shouldn't believe these rumors without calling us first - 609-625-3481!!!
    We have been proudly serving the monster truck family since 1991!

Members do not see advertisements
    and thus someday soon insurance companies will rule the world, blah blah blah, if you let them dictate they will. any 16 year old that passed a simple drivers ed course can drive in rush hour traffic in downtown chicago or new york, or any other overpopulated under stress metropolitain city in this country, compared to that driving a MT is a piece of cake, so i say if your qualified, your qualified. like i said there are some overzealous mid-life crisis drivers out there now that shouldnt ride a bike, if thats okay, what the heck. im not suggesting everyone or anyone 16 17 0r even 18 should get an instant seat, but if you can pass the test, your in. just for grins, research all MT related accidents, what was the age of the operator. i want to wear this out

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information