Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

USHRA Monster Jam St. Louis....December 3rd?

Members do not see advertisements
    While browsing USHRA's schedule, I was surprised to see St. Louis, Missouri already has a listed schedule date of December 3rd 2016 (i'm assuming some of this may be due to the St. Louis Rams transferring to L.A.). Anyone have any further information on this, by chance? Seems surprising St. Louis is getting some "season opening" appreciation. Maybe STL will be picking up a second Monster Jam event in 2017 as well?
    The original Dane Loch.

Funny how I made this thread back in August and i'm the first to respond to it.

Anyways, the major announcement at this show (at least for the 2017 season): Colt Stephens is/"was" the driver of Doomsday. He actually did put up a pretty decent freestyle run as well.

But, as a rant to the overall "feel" of tonight's show...I gotta say...FELD really made themselves look "hurried and desperate" overall. Maybe this is because of ticket sales? (In all honesty though...I didn't really see a whole lot of advertisements for this show via standard radio/TV media as in the past). I'm sure the politics and promotion behind the new "Dome at America's Center" (since the STL Rams are no longer a thing) make things potentially more expensive on the "front end" for the promoter. Regardless...as a fan and "consumer" of FELD, I viewed this event as a season starter, not a "guinea pig". In fact, FELD did this with many residents of MO/IL in association with Bailey Shea. While I think she is an "up-and-coming driver", FELD tried (for a week straight) to make her look like the "local hero" with STL local media when her hometown is based in Chillicothe MO...way outside of STL limits (the home of "sliced bread"). All-in-all, appreciate her gained skill with driving...but it seemed like she had a loose connection with what she was trying to prove via local cable and didn't really back up what she promised in both racing and freestyle.

That brings me to tonight's show. I've seen a lot of rumors that FELD's promotional/corporate staff checks this Board. If so...let it be known; this was the most disconnected show i've seen happen to STL yet. There was so much promise based on the hype of MonsterJam.com and the (limited) radio/TV commercials shown. I was actually surprised to see the Dome at half capacity for an event as such tonight (granted, i'm sure FELD's sale's team is going to mention Februrary 4th 2017 at the Dome...but tickets "nonchalantly" went on sale at Midnight earlier tonight).

Also...having cutoff Bradshaw half-way through freestyle through (what I imagine) was "time constraints"?; I literally witnessed Bradshaw bashing his windshield off to the side because of that tonight. Also...Kohler promised his fans he would be back out in Avenger to make a Freestyle run...guess that never happened?! This show was done in 2 Hours flat. What the ****? Altogether; what the **** was the use of a "Chicago Style" track-layout in a larger Dome? You're in Saint Louis...no STL-Layout at the very least? I feel on FELD's event director(s) staff; this was pure laziness. A quick way to make a buck on a location who is without a "team" in a venue at the moment. Simply put; many patrons at tonight's event mentioned "the energy is missing".

To finish; during the Freestyle portion of the event...why not restart Bradshaw's RII after it went off during his Freestyle performance? I literally saw him punching his "windshield" on the side after he was denied to keep running. Plus...Kohler PROMISED his fans he was going to come back out in Freestyle to make a performance (after flipping over in the Wheelie Competition)...that apparently never happened (i'm assuming all this to time restraints).

Why am I ranting like this? Only because apparently FELD reviews this message board
    Last edited by DaneL; December 4th, 2016 at 06:08 AM.
    The original Dane Loch.

A 2-hour show is ridiculous. The 4-truck shows I attend at local Buck Motorsports Park take well over 3 hours!

Sadly, this forum is so dead lately I doubt they still review it.

I miss this place when it was busy.

FYI - I made a post last week in the Diecast forum if you're into them...the new 2017 trucks found.

couple questions for you about the show, what were the fillers? did they get rid of the donut contests like they had for the nonqualifiers before?
    just keeping the peace...

Members do not see advertisements
    Quote Originally Posted by DaneL View Post
    Also...having cutoff Bradshaw half-way through freestyle through (what I imagine) was "time constraints"?; I literally witnessed Bradshaw bashing his windshield off to the side because of that tonight. Also...Kohler promised his fans he would be back out in Avenger to make a Freestyle run...guess that never happened?!

To finish; during the Freestyle portion of the event...why not restart Bradshaw's RII after it went off during his Freestyle performance? I literally saw him punching his "windshield" on the side after he was denied to keep running. Plus...Kohler PROMISED his fans he was going to come back out in Freestyle to make a performance (after flipping over in the Wheelie Competition)...that apparently never happened (i'm assuming all this to time restraints)
    Damon broke a sway bar arm off and it wasn't tethered. Unfortunately it's a safety issue and as upset as Damon was at the time I sure he understood after he cooled off. He's a super competitive guy so he was very frustrated. As for Koehler, when he promised to be back for freestyle he was unaware a crack had formed in the roll cage. The truck got tech inspected again when it got to the back and that's when the crack was discovered. Sadly there's no time in any show to do that repair right.

Thread Information