old school build question

Members do not see advertisements
    How much horse power would I need to build to move a stage 1 or early stage 2 monster? I came across a D0VE-A 429/460 block in great shape with 2 bolt mains. Planed on getting 4 bolt mains drilled, tapped and line bored, cylinders punched out .030 over, getting a forged rotating assembly, Kaase super cobra jet heads and a Weiand tunnel ram intake with dual holly quads. Would that all be sufficient?

Quote Originally Posted by Orbe View Post
    How much horse power would I need to build to move a stage 1 or early stage 2 monster? I came across a D0VE-A 429/460 block in great shape with 2 bolt mains. Planed on getting 4 bolt mains drilled, tapped and line bored, cylinders punched out .030 over, getting a forged rotating assembly, Kaase super cobra jet heads and a Weiand tunnel ram intake with dual holly quads. Would that all be sufficient?

Plenty. Not sure what you plan on doing with this truck but there are ride trucks out there with stock 350 Chevys.

oh really? I was worried that i would need a lot of power to move the 66's. I plan on just using the truck to do some car crushes, go thru mud, would love to get it to float... but im far from anything now. Im still looking for axles and tires

Members do not see advertisements
    yeah i have a stock 6.0 gm in my ride truck with 6.44 in the rears and 3.2to1 reduction in the t case i maxed it out at 53 mph and has enough power to do car crushes and play in the mud. i just left it stock for reliability..**** i wouldent want to go too fast hitting something in a leaf sprung truck lol
    Rat Rod Monster Truck www.tntmonstertruck.com

Thread Information